“Very good overall!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morgantown
Syracuse, New York
“Very good overall!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

This Holiday Inn was one of the better ones we stayed at. It has a nice lobby and very polite staff. The room was clean as was the bathroom. everything you would expect from this class of Hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank nyfamily1234

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tuckerton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

2 Adults and 3 kids, 2 rooms reserved on a popular low price site. Check in was very quick...but we got smoking rooms...ugh...and the hotel was fully booked. So much for using the low price line. The hotel had a pool which was nice for the first nite (not as busy). The room smelled...so smoky! Air freshener helped, but it still sunk into our clothes. The room itself was large with 2 queen beds which were comfortable enough. Free wi-fi was a huge plus, as was the free breakfast (and dinner) for the kids. The shower water pressure was great, the thin walls were not...if you had loud neighbors, as one of us did, you wouldn't be happy. Some of the rooms have a fridge which is nice. On our third night we moved to non-smoking. What a difference!! We all slept like babies that nite! The front desk staff was very helpful in moving us to neighboring NS rooms by the way...that was very nice of them. Location was a little far from Lancaster, but in a pinch it was fine, especially when we were fleeing the hurricane from the Jersey Shore!

Room Tip: get NS rooms w/fridge
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Gibbstown, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. My husband had a pleasant experience making the reservation. A few days before our trip, we called to ask about having a refrigerator or microwave in our room. The receptionist said while there is no guarantee, she can put us on a wish list of sorts; we agreed. Check-in was speedy, the concierge was not overly friendly but he definately got the job done. We were pleasantly surprised with a small fridge in our room. The room showed its age, but the bathroom vanity and tub surround had been completed redone with granite. Very nice! We had no problems throughout the duration of our trip. Upon checking out we realized we were charged ten dollars per night for the fridge. I'd consider this to be no big deal, but it would've been nice if we knew in advance. All in all, I'd recommend this hotel for a short stay. It is simply a hotel with nothing overly fancy, but it was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Lumberton NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a family and friends event. Wasn't very clean, we asked for an extra pillow and they claim they had none in stock to give us! My boyfriend had accidentally locked his key and my purse in the room along with my shoes and everything else, while we were talking to our friends in another room, when I went down to ask for another key the guy at the front desk was extremely rude because my ID was locked in the room, when they copied my information down at check in they don't transfer what I had entered when I booked the room, so they took down the address that was on my ID and didn't turn it around to where my new address was, so when I told him my address he told me he couldn't give me a key because that's not the address they had on file. Like it was my fault they didn't put MY current address. Very out of date. He finally let me get a key when I told him my phone number, but he was definitely not a friendly person and gave the biggest attitude. I felt like I should not have spent the money I spent to stay in a hotel where the employee's don't respect their customers. They also disturb when you have the do not disturb thing on the door. I do not recommend this hotel, I've never had to deal with this kind of rudeness ever.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Doreen M

Travellers are raving about these Morgantown hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

This is not a 3 star property. It is old and tired and has a smell that is hard to describe. (smoke and wet bathing suits is my best guess) The parking lot is a mess, has few lights and poor signage directing you to the hotel. It is like the hotel is located in a old strip mall behind a McDs. I would expect more from a 3 star property. So if you are willing to pay over $120 for a 2 start hotel this is your place.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank JimwithJen
New Castle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

We had our three children and their children stay at this hotel. We were attending our annual family reunion and found this hotel so nice and friendly. From the night manager at the desk to the food service manager at breakfast we found the staff helpful and cheerful. Our rooms were clean and nicely furnished. We all had a good night's sleep - the beds and pillows were just right. We purchased the breakfast and once again found the staff very accommodating. The food was cooked to order, hot and tasty. The service could not be better. We were sitted right away and served quickly! We had a very nice swim in the pool with the grandkids as well. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Exton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

Did not stay at the hotel, but attended a group banquet there. The banquet was in the public lobby area, adjacent to the pool and elevators. The day was hot; temperatures outside were close to 100F, and the banquet facility was a balmy 85F. It is hardly an enjoyable experience when temperatures inside are this hot. Facility staff indicated that there is nothing that could be done about the temperature, "it's just the way this area is." After all, they did install two industrial fans to blow air around the facility.

Realizing that there were other banquet rooms available in the hotel, I scouted around. The first room I went into was extremely cool, probably less than 70F, and tables and linens were already deployed throughout the room. I then approached the food and beverage manager about if our banquet could be moved into this room. He responded that we could not, as the room was prepared for a wedding. I asked if the wedding was this evening, and he said, no it is tomorrow. I asked why we could not use the cool room. He said he had other things to do and walked away, while I was shouting questions to him.

While the food service was good for the banquet, the overall experience was horrible. Being given "The brush off" by the food and beverage manager was bad enough, but the decision to not allow a paying banquet, which probably rented 20-30 rooms for the night, into a room already prepared with comfortable temperatures is unacceptable.

I recommend that, if you need to have a banquet or wedding reception in the future, that you look somewhere else. The facility and personnel leave something to be desired.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank smengle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morgantown
7.3 km away
Comfort Inn Amish Country
#1 of 3 in New Holland
22.9 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Reading Wyomissing

Been to Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike? Share your experiences!