Cameron Estate Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Red Rose Motel(Elizabethtown)
Heritage Hotel(Lancaster)
View Hotel
All reviewscocktail hourdream weddingbanquet manageroutdoor ceremonyplanning processa fine dining experiencewedding nightcrab cakesnext morningbeautiful weekendwedding planningbeautiful venuehelpful suggestionssun porchantique furnitureporch partycarriage house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 December 2016

Front desk was anything but friendly. She was brisk and seemed put-off at check in. Room was as expected from the photos on the website. Paid $229 plus fees per night for our anniversary weekend. Although this is not "top dollar" for what we received, it was way overpriced. The toiletries in the bathroom were cheap. Before you judge me for writing it, don't you expect a quaint inn to have nice toiletries? Well, the dial soaps were so old, they crumbled in your hands as you unwrapped them. The moisture shampoo was Breck brand. I didn't know they even made that brand anymore. This was wedding central all weekend. Noisy and I enjoyed the neighbors' conversation well into the wee hours of morning. The second night, another wedding party chose the settee outside our room to be the gathering place. Again, no privacy, and very noisy.
Breakfast is an afterthought. It is served from 8am-9am ONLY. No exceptions.
The breakfast was ridiculously awful. The menu of three items left a lot to be desired. On the bottom of the menu was a note that special requests may require additional time. The only special request you could make is for scrambled eggs. The food is definitely prepared ahead of time and microwaved. In addition to poor selections, the servings were child size. Small-child size.
I have a feeling that Cameron Estate does not make any effort for its Inn guests as there is no need. They receive plenty of business with their onsite weddings and fill the INN with wedding guests. For the couple looking for a quiet, romantic weekend, this is not the place. While the Inn certainly has potential to be charming and romantic, it is not at this time. Has great potential with the right management and chef, this could be amazing.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christine P
Cameron-Manager, Manager at Cameron Estate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Christine

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate every guest's comments and welcome any suggestions on how we can improve in the future. We do host a lot of weddings and most guests enjoy the opportunity to vicariously share in the couple's happiness with their special day. I'm sorry you saw this as an intrusion on your privacy. We typically get a lot of compliments on our breakfast so I am sorry it didn't meet with your approval. Each morning we offer three fresh items: a breakfast quiche or pancakes or baked oatmeal or granola and yogurt. Each item is served with breakfast potatoes, fresh fruit and our very popular candied bacon.

We appreciate your feedback and hope you try us again. Our off season is slower and may offer more privacy if this is a priority for you.

Thanks again and we wish you the very best.

Best Regards,
The Management Team - Cameron Estate Inn

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Let me start by saying you will not regret having your wedding at the Cameron Estate Inn! From start to finish our wedding planner Dakota was on it. She is extremely organized and professional and her communication is impeccable! She is also very friendly and is always patient, even if you ask a million questions (which I did!). The grounds are absolutely beautiful, the mansion is gorgeous (and has an amazing history), and everything is kept very clean. I did not feel the need to hire an outside planner with all of the help I received from Dakota and the other CEI staff. In the months and days leading up to the wedding Dakota thoroughly answered any and all questions I had and made sure I was comfortable and confident with the wedding day timeline. The day of the wedding Dakota and Emily made me feel like a queen! They were there for me from start to finish with a calm demeanor that put me at ease. Emily checked up on me and my husband many times during the reception to make sure we had everything we needed. I have been to many weddings and am a huge foodie myself and I have to say, the food at Cameron Estate Inn is absolutely delicious! The bistro steak is my favorite! The drinks were great as well, having an open bar is definitely the way to go! Thank you again to the Cameron Estate Inn for helping to make my wedding day one of the best days of my life!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2016

We stayed at the Estate the night of our wedding. My husband and I stayed in the bridal suite out back, but we did have the opportunity to peak into a handful of the other rooms and they were all beautiful. We rented our the whole Inn and only heard good things from our guests about their stay. We also all had breakfast as a group the next morning, and it was very good food. They were also willing to work some and make some special requests.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

The estate is beautiful, our room was fine. Breakfast was horrible!!!! Coffee was served lukewarm, potatoes had no taste. The egg dish looked like it was made ahead and reheated in microwave. They only had white toast. Butter was served ice cold, too hard to butter our toast. We asked for jelly and the server told us they ran out last week, but she would check. She did come with blueberry jelly she found. One would think a Bed and Breakfast would serve a much better breakfast!!! Very disappointed!!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cheryl W
Reviewed 1 December 2016

Our wedding was 11/19/16 at CEI. I had nothing but a great experience with the venue! One of the biggest perks of CEI is having a consultant to work with who really helps you iron out every detail of your special day. Dakota was personable, prompt in her responses, and nothing but helpful as I tried to brainstorm through a lot of tough details of the wedding day. CEI has BEAUTIFUL facilities for an indoor wedding, and has a great discount for off-season dates. I rented out the Simon Cameron room at the Inn for me and all the bridesmaids to get hair/makeup done – the room is very spacious and made for amazing pictures while we were all getting ready. Having the room also made the whole getting ready process so much less stressful. They also provide a complementary room which the groomsmen were able to get ready in. What’s great about CEI is that everything is all-inclusive – no renting silverware, chairs, trying to find a caterer, etc. which can be a complete nightmare. Every guest raved about the food! We ended up having 7 guests not show up and the chef boxed up these meals for us to take home and share with family – so nice not having it be wasted! CEI is VERY affordable considering many venues in central PA have venue fees of $5,000+ just to have your wedding there (not even including food!) We had a very tight budget and were able to stay way under it at CEI. I would recommend the venue to any bride!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends