“VERY UNHAPPY”
Review of Cameron Estate Inn

Cameron Estate Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Mount Joy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 April 2017

We just came back from a 2 day stay at Cameron Estate Inn, First impression looked like we expected. I had called and asked about the rate stay for the 2 days 2 rooms the lady who I spoke to said the rates that were on the web site were the rates for the stay. She told me if I wanted a better rate to check the web for better rates? if I owned a hotel I would not tell someone to go to a web site to a get a better rate. So I did found a rate on Travelocity that saved me over $40.00 a night per room. We checked in Saturday I had made dinner reservations for there over the phone For Easter dinner at 7PM upon check in she tells me I have dinner reservation for Saturday Not Sunday. OK ! So we had dinner there Saturday, She then tells me that she could squeeze us in on Easter Sunday she would give us a special time 0f 6:45 because dinner was full At 7:00 seating. On Sunday we cancelled them As we found somewhere else. We returned to the hotel around 600 pm Went to dining area around 7:15pm just to see how people there were eating there. There are approx. 15 tables in 1 dining room and 10 in a second altogether there were 6 tables being used but they were sold out according to the hotel clerk. Then there was the rooms We walked in our room had the historic look we expected, problem one was the bed it was approximately 3 foot up to the mattress my wife had to ask for a step stool to get in and out of bed. Day 2 didn't clean room just made bed and changed linens in bathroom. Never dumped the trash or cleaned anything else Did not replenish the soaps or shampoo in the bathroom. Mean while the person we traveled with was put in a dormer room on the 3rd floor. It was 80 degrees outside and warmer inside no air Conditioner. The next morning She found bugs all over the tub and shower area. They are doing major construction which started at 6:30 am on Monday Morning on the resort which we had no idea about the sun porch where they were supposed to serve breakfast was gone. We ate in the dining room instead the Windows were covered by boards and no air conditioning. Over all I would rate the stay # out of 10 look before you leap I'm sure there is a lot better places to go and relax! without all the problems we had.

Room Tip: the more expensive ones
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ragdoll053
Cameron-Manager, Manager at Cameron Estate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate every guest's comments and welcome any suggestions on how we can improve in the future. I wish we could say that we make every guests experience with up perfect but obviously we failed in your case. We have taken all your comments and addressed each issue with the staff so this does not happen again. We do have some new staff members and we are working on bringing them up to speed to deliver the quality of service that has earned us one of the top Trip Advisor ratings in our area.

We appreciate your feedback and hope you try us again.

Thanks again and we wish you the very best.

Best Regards,
The Management Team - Cameron Estate Inn

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Cameron Estate Inn is set back from the road among beautifully mature trees. The grounds were impeccably manicured and inviting. The estate itself made me feel like I was back in a bygone sophisticated era. The interior was just as I imagined and the staff was very hospitable. Our dinner for two, consisted of duck and beef medallions. It was very attractively arranged and was delicious. The atmosphere was peaceful and calm with soft music playing in the background. I highly recommend Cameron Estate Inn if you want a fine dining experience.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Cameron-Manager, General Manager at Cameron Estate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Thank you masduli for your kind words. Cameron Estate Inn prides itself with it's very relaxing and peaceful atmosphere and especially with this house holding a significant part of our American History, we certainly do our best to keep the establishment looking as enticing as possible. More importantly, we are happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and we will let our Chef know to keep that Roasted Long Island Duck on your list of favorites for your next visit!

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Thank you Cameron Estate Inn for making our Valentine Weekend sooooooo exquisitely special!! We loved Emily.....she was perfect as well as my Long Island Duck dinner! Yummy x yummy!!! A perfect 10 for sure!! Cameron Estate Inn is the perfect setting for the most romantic escape......warm and inviting, refined, beautifully appointed Inn/Restaurant/Grounds......a "Must Experience" when in Lancaster County for sure!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
CEIweddings, General Manager at Cameron Estate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Greetings Donna,

Thank you so much for choosing Cameron Estate Inn for your Valentine's Day experience!
We agree, that Long Island Duck is one for the books and we are glad that Emily took great care of you folks. Definitely looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

The only thing good about our 1 night stay was the service at dinner. The food was BAD!
I purchased the "long stem roses" and they were NOT long stems and they were in very poor condition. When I expressed my dissatisfaction with them it was shrugged off and nothing was done. I also ordered the bottle of wine that was to be chilled and in the room at arrival. It was there, however it wasn't chilled and there were no glasses in the room. When I requested glasses, we got them after a second request an hour later,
This was not a good experience for $350.
And don't expect any type of itemized receipt. When I requested one I was told "oh honey you must be used to staying in hotels. We don't do that here."
My suggestion would be to look elsewhere as the food the service and the goods purchased will not be as portrayed on the website!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jim S
Cameron-Manager, Manager at Cameron Estate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Jim

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for your compliment about the service during dinner. We take each guest comment seriously and always welcome constructive feedback on how we can improve. As with most restaurants and bed and breakfasts, Valentine's Day is very busy and very hectic. It seems we missed the mark on getting your wine order correct and we apologize for the mix up. The roses you received are the standard long-stem roses available to every florist so I'm not sure why you thought they were not up to standard. If you check your reservation confirmation you will find an itemized receipt for your room and any extras you added to your stay. If you need an additional itemized receipt we would be happy to provide one. Oh, and our housekeeping staff was happy to assist you in finding the diamond ring your wife lost during her stay. They were happy to see her reunited with it.

Thank you again for staying with us, we appreciate your feedback and we wish you the best.

Cameron Estate Inn Management Team

Reviewed 4 February 2017

I cannot share enough positive words about our recent New Year’s Eve wedding at the Cameron Estate Inn. As anyone can see from the pictures, the venue is beautiful and exudes a certain class that made us both comfortable and proud to welcome our friends and family.

We had our ceremony indoors in the gorgeous Conservatory, our reception in the Carriage House, and rented the entire Inn for the night to accommodate our closest friends and family. The ability to rent the entire venue allowed for privacy from outsiders and freedom that would have been difficult to achieve elsewhere or far beyond our budget. The Cameron Estate Inn was flexible in working with our vendors of choice and adjusting to our out of the ordinary requests.

In a short eight weeks, we went from not having any idea of what our wedding plans would be to walking down the aisle and enjoying the perfect wedding experience. While we initially considered eight weeks to be a daunting challenge, Dakota – the Wedding and Special Events Coordinator at the Cameron Estate Inn – not only streamlined the process to ensure simplicity, but the attention she paid made it clear that she cared about our wedding as much as we did. Her professionalism and experience is unmatched by anyone we have ever worked with before. She went above and beyond to fulfill any request we may have had, advocated for us as we attempted to figure out our plans or finances, and no concern we had was too big or small for her to devote her personal attention. She is not only fantastic at her job, but also a fantastic person.

Our experience was so positive that we would be willing to do it all again next New Year’s Eve, and will certainly be back in the future to enjoy the bed and breakfast and to visit Dakota!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the house!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi dorfmac,

Congratulations again on your wedding! We are happy to have been able to share that experience with you and your closest friends and family. Dakota is truly a blessing, and we are very grateful to have her on our team. I hope that Cameron Estate Inn can be your home away from home for your many anniversaries to come. What a way to kick off 2017!

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Front desk was anything but friendly. She was brisk and seemed put-off at check in. Room was as expected from the photos on the website. Paid $229 plus fees per night for our anniversary weekend. Although this is not "top dollar" for what we received, it was way overpriced. The toiletries in the bathroom were cheap. Before you judge me for writing it, don't you expect a quaint inn to have nice toiletries? Well, the dial soaps were so old, they crumbled in your hands as you unwrapped them. The moisture shampoo was Breck brand. I didn't know they even made that brand anymore. This was wedding central all weekend. Noisy and I enjoyed the neighbors' conversation well into the wee hours of morning. The second night, another wedding party chose the settee outside our room to be the gathering place. Again, no privacy, and very noisy.
Breakfast is an afterthought. It is served from 8am-9am ONLY. No exceptions.
The breakfast was ridiculously awful. The menu of three items left a lot to be desired. On the bottom of the menu was a note that special requests may require additional time. The only special request you could make is for scrambled eggs. The food is definitely prepared ahead of time and microwaved. In addition to poor selections, the servings were child size. Small-child size.
I have a feeling that Cameron Estate does not make any effort for its Inn guests as there is no need. They receive plenty of business with their onsite weddings and fill the INN with wedding guests. For the couple looking for a quiet, romantic weekend, this is not the place. While the Inn certainly has potential to be charming and romantic, it is not at this time. Has great potential with the right management and chef, this could be amazing.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christine P

Christine

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate every guest's comments and welcome any suggestions on how we can improve in the future. We do host a lot of weddings and most guests enjoy the opportunity to vicariously share in the couple's happiness with their special day. I'm sorry you saw this as an intrusion on your privacy. We typically get a lot of compliments on our breakfast so I am sorry it didn't meet with your approval. Each morning we offer three fresh items: a breakfast quiche or pancakes or baked oatmeal or granola and yogurt. Each item is served with breakfast potatoes, fresh fruit and our very popular candied bacon.

We appreciate your feedback and hope you try us again. Our off season is slower and may offer more privacy if this is a priority for you.

Thanks again and we wish you the very best.

Best Regards,
The Management Team - Cameron Estate Inn

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Let me start by saying you will not regret having your wedding at the Cameron Estate Inn! From start to finish our wedding planner Dakota was on it. She is extremely organized and professional and her communication is impeccable! She is also very friendly and is always patient, even if you ask a million questions (which I did!). The grounds are absolutely beautiful, the mansion is gorgeous (and has an amazing history), and everything is kept very clean. I did not feel the need to hire an outside planner with all of the help I received from Dakota and the other CEI staff. In the months and days leading up to the wedding Dakota thoroughly answered any and all questions I had and made sure I was comfortable and confident with the wedding day timeline. The day of the wedding Dakota and Emily made me feel like a queen! They were there for me from start to finish with a calm demeanor that put me at ease. Emily checked up on me and my husband many times during the reception to make sure we had everything we needed. I have been to many weddings and am a huge foodie myself and I have to say, the food at Cameron Estate Inn is absolutely delicious! The bistro steak is my favorite! The drinks were great as well, having an open bar is definitely the way to go! Thank you again to the Cameron Estate Inn for helping to make my wedding day one of the best days of my life!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
7.4 km away
Airy View Bed and Breakfast
22.2 km away
EJ Bowman House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Cameron Estate Inn? Share your experiences!