“Our Wedding Day!”

Cameron Estate Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 10 Mount Joy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Our wedding day was July 1, 2017. We looked at a bunch of venues in the Lancaster area but ultimately decided to go with the Cameron Estate Inn for multiple reasons. We loved the fact that they had a great outdoor and indoor space that could be used for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. It made our lives so easy knowing that they would take care of all the food and alcohol services and that we wouldn't have to add that on top of everything else that goes into a wedding. Our wedding ended up having to be inside because of a thunderstorm but the indoor ceremony space is absolutely beautiful so we were not too upset. Everyone who came to our wedding kept saying how beautiful the venue was and how great everything turned out. The staff was great to work with and the food was amazing!! We also have to give a big shout out to Dakota who made our day and dreams all come true. She was so great about answering all of our questions and meeting all of our accommodations. She also met with us multiple times and allowed us to see what other couples were doing on their day, which was so helpful! The day went so smoothly and Dakota went above and beyond our expectations to make our day run flawless. We would recommend the Cameron Estate Inn to any couple looking for a fairy tale wedding .

We will definitely be back to enjoy the restaurant in the future!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Cameron-Manager, General Manager at Cameron Estate Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Thank you kaitlynfh2 for taking time to share your Special Day with us.

It was unfortunate that your ceremony had to be moved due to inclement weather, but we are glad that our Conservatory was able to help us fulfill and render your fairy tale moment. Here at Cameron Estate Inn, we are always prepared for the unforeseen, especially because it's a once in a lifetime experience for you. We hope you and your family will continue to share many happy moments such as the one you have shared with us. We certainly look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Cameron Estate Inn & Restaurant

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I know that my husband Mark and I absolutely loved everything about having our wedding at Cameron Estate Inn on 6/25/17, from working with Dakota and team, right down to the very last detail of the reception! But it was also very important to us that our guests had a great experience, and they did! More than once we had friends and family members tell us that it was the best wedding that had EVER attended. And THAT says it all! The food was delicious, the planning went so smoothly (thanks to Dakota!), the grounds were stunning (I can't wait until our formal pictures come in, because even the photos taken with personal cameras were spectacular), and the attention to detail was amazing. My husband and I stayed there the night before and the night of our wedding. Even when the reception was over, it was so awesome to have one of the associates stop up to our room and ask if we needed water, an adult beverage, etc. (We accepted both!). Questions throughout the process were answered in a timely manner and professionalism throughout the process was top notch. I would absolutely recommend this venue for your wedding, or any other event. It was a beautiful weekend that we will always cherish xoxoxo

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

If there is anything that we appreciate the most, it would be knowing that Cameron Estate Inn was able to fulfill your dreams and expectations. This was YOUR Special Day, we are just thankful to be able to partake in insuring everything went without a hitch. We wish you the best and invite you back, same time next year! Congrats again on the beautiful wedding!

Reviewed 30 June 2017

My friend and I seek out historic buildings that are restaurants. We loved the architecture and grounds. There is so much room for additional plant materials, which would truly enhance the property! Our dinners were top notch, presented nicely, generous portions, and cooked to perfection. Our server(wish I could remember her name, she was very pregnant) was delightful and very professional. We would definitely dine here again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Cameron-Manager, General Manager at Cameron Estate Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Hello gwenrich8!

We appreciate your compliments on our Restaurant and we will be sure to share your kind words with our Chef and your server Roucell. As you may have noticed during your visit, we are currently progressing towards some additions and improvements, so we hope you come visit us again soon to see some of the major changes we are looking to accomplish!

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Where to begin? My husband and I love historic places and bed and breakfasts. We chose to get married at the Cameron estate well over a year ago. When we arrived we met a lovely wedding planner Daniel! We booked right away because the buildings were beautiful and Daniel was so sweet and professional. The wedding planing went great! One day my emails to Daniel were being answered by a different woman named Dakota. I asked what had happened to the wedding planner Daniel and was never really given an answer. Time went by, I dealt with Dakota through email and that was fine for a while... the week before my wedding I get frustrating emails while I'm at work bugging me about who is staying in what room and who's paying for empty rooms etc. We were coming down on Friday my wedding was on Sunday. I had to bluntly ask if we could please handle things when we arrived Friday. It was way too complicated to email. When we arrived a credit card was given to Mary the front desk lady to put anything we owed for the weekend on.
We booked the entire inn for two nights for friends and family to stay. They charge top dollar for rooms as I knew ahead of time but I expected you get what you pay for. Not the case at this B and B. Breakfast is good but extremely small portions. 3 grapes on a plate one scrambled egg and one strip of bacon. Don't even think about asking for more. And while it's 90 degrees outside the place has air condition units but they weren't working. So we all ate in a hot dinning room. The window units in the rooms are old and don't do the job.
When my sister's in laws arrived to stay the night in the "bridal changing suite" they were charged full price well over 200$ then handed a fly swatter and told there were "a lot of flies in their room sorry". The room was INFESTED with flies. They swatted flies all night in their room. Well over 50. And all they were told was sorry and handed a fly swatter?! They weren't even given money off the room! They could have been moved to a different room or at least given a discount. Terrible customer service!
Come wedding day as I'm getting ready with my girls in my room I get a knock at the door and it's Dakota. She came to say she was there should I need anything. Then she states she needs to talk to my mother in law regarding rehearsal dinner payment. Now my mother in law is sitting there getting her hair done for a wedding starting in a few hours. I was dumbfounded that she'd be asking me about payment stuff on the day of my wedding but I politely said can we discuss this later meaning tomorrow. Dakota left and found my mother in law downstairs an hour later. She rudely approached my mother in law in front of others demanding rehearsal dinner payment. My mother in law told her she sent a check in many months ago. Dakota then checked her computer and returned to rudely say oh I guess we're good then. Talk about ignorant and stupid.
My mother had paid for a luncheon for the day of the wedding to feed around 20 people at the house that day. This "luncheon"cost near 500$.
All that was put down was one small tray slightly larger than a dinner plate of "sandwiches " it was a slice of lunch meat on a thin bun not even cheese all cut up. Some watermelon, cookies and a few mini bags of chips. I guess they expected everyone to eat 1/2 a little sandwich? I'm not sure but it was not near 500$ worth of food and it didn't feed everyone. I could have gotten way more from a subway for WAY less!
My sister went down and asked where the rest of the sandwiches were since not everyone had eaten yet and nothing was left and was told "that's it". My sister said well that's unacceptable and returned upstairs.
Some time later Dakota knocks on my door asking where my bridesmaids were and demanding payment for sandwiches. With her typical attitude. I was shocked at how rude this woman continued to be ON MY WEDDING DAY while Im sitting there getting my hair done. She then went knocking on other family members rooms on a rude hunt for my sister. She found my other sister and was so completely rude demanding payment for a few crappy sandwiches that they apparently unknown to us through together quick and laid out way after the fact. We were only a few hours away from my wedding at this point, lunch was over and we were trying to get ready. My sister finally got away from Dakota and came in my room crying at how nasty she had just been treated/attacked in the hallway.
My friend/bridesmaid then heard Dakota and other workers talking bad about us in the lobby downstairs. My other sister then went down to confront Dakota and ask if we can handle payment stuff the following morning. Dakota was again nasty and defensive to my sister. So my sister told her how it was and basically asked her to leave us alone for the rest of the day. Now keep in mind they had my mothers credit card. Why was she on a hunt like some debt collector at my wedding?! She created unnecessary drama.
This woman has zero customer service skills. She is too immature and has not had enough life experiences to be in the position she's in. She is VERY disorganized and EXTREMELY unprofessional. I'm embarrassed for her. Your job as a wedding planner is to make sure things run smoothly on a wedding day, not to make problems and be nasty and defensive. Not to ask a bride and her family about payment issues on a wedding day. We were staying the night we could have ironed that stuff out the next day. The woman even owed my mother a refund because my mother sent too much money for the wedding yet she was nasty and needed paid for some sandwiches right then and there?!
And lastly they expect you to clean up your reception immediately after it's over in your wedding dress. Yet we had a porch party at 10:00 once the reception ended. How are you supposed to be at your porch party and do an hours worth or better of putting stuff in cars at night in a parking lot with no lights? Finally a man named Dave allowed us to clean up the following Monday morning. Thank you Dave. Otherwise I would not have been able to attend my own party. This is a stupid rule. To clean up a reception in my ball gown at 10:00 on my wedding night?! Stupid. I understand they like to set up for the next event at 11:00 at night but it can be pushed to the side and gotten the next day.
The only nice thing Dakota did was to have our leftover flowers delivered to a hospice facility. I'll give her that.
A few weeks later my mother tried to call and talk to the owner of the establishment. All she could get was Dakota who REFUSED to put the owner on the phone. She stated that they are too busy to take calls. They aren't too busy to cash our checks but they're too busy to speak with their customers. Again Dakota was immature and downright nasty to my mother over the phone. Treating my mother like a child. Telling her we are a bunch of liars and that she's "sorry that this is our reality" over and over again. Talk about unprofessional!!! This is no way to speak to customers! Also telling my mother that it's gonna be a while till she receives her refund.
Now they need paid ASAP but my mother is expected to wait months to receive her refund and be ok with it?
This woman basically ruined my once in a lifetime wedding. DO NOT GET MARRIED AT THE CAMERON ESTATE! The wedding locations are beautiful and there is a man named Dave that is awesome and a huge help on your wedding. He should be the wedding planner! He showed up to rehearsal and asked if we needed help. Dakota, the "wedding planner" does not come to rehearsal. She just shows up right before you're ready to walk down the isle to open and close the doors and asks you questions she would have known had she been at rehearsal. My family and I have never been treated so terribly in our lives. And of all days on my wedding day.
The owners of this establishment refuse to speak with us or so we're told by Dakota. If this is true then you are terrible. To take a fortune from someone, allow them to be treated this way, and refuse to even speak with them? Then you are a disgrace. Owners whoever you are instead of adding an addition you should be cleaning house. Your wedding planner is a cancer and will destroy your establishment. My mother owns a beautiful B and B. Guests are what keep it going. Without them you have nothing and they should be treated with respect and kindness.
Dakota should you ever get married I hope you and your family are treated the same way you treated us on my wedding day.
My husband and I went on to Newport and stayed at a B and B and had a much nicer experience.
The Cameron estate is in it for your money. They could care less if you leave happy or not as long as they get paid. Don't waste your time and money on this place. One giant slap in the face.
Disappointed newlyweds.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank Lillers21
Reviewed 20 June 2017

The owner made the quests feel like a being there was a burden, Cameron Estates made it clear that they will provide the bare minimum to accommodate their quests. The overpriced room included a free breakfast however this breakfast included only a scrambled egg and one piece of bacon, and don't forget the room temp coffee. I found a dried contact from the previous quest in my room along with a bug near the window. I even overheard Cameron Estate workers talking about other quests behind their backs in public area's. How this place received the positive feedback they did is a mystery to me. I have never reviewed a place before but after feeling price gouged and far from accommodated leaves me with a bad taste about Cameron Estates.

The food is decent but small portions and the scenery is pretty, however the bare minimum habits also reflect on the landscaping.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank superspeedtravel23
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I chose to get married here after touring several other venues and not finding something with the elegance and charm we were looking for. Our entire experience from planning to departure was seamless. We appreciated the outstanding communication, professionalism, and courtesy of everyone we interacted with-Mary at reception, Dakota with planning, Emily as our banquet manager and Dave the fantastic bartender. Everyone gave us personal, individualized attention to ensure our day went as planned. We could not have had a more perfect, fairy-tale wedding day! The food was even better than it was at our tasting, and all of our guests raved about it. We rented out the Inn for our guests on our wedding night and they enjoyed the unique rooms, porch party after the reception, and breakfast in the morning. The property has expansive greenery and gardens and we had many lovely photos taken outdoors as well as inside the magnificent Conservatory which reminds me of a French ballroom. Although no wifi was available, we hope that when we return for an anniversary dinner and stay (which we definitely will!) this will be addressed. Thank you to all of the staff; we couldn't have had a more perfect day and I wish we could relive it all over again!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Cameron-Manager, General Manager at Cameron Estate Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Hello rochie212,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent wedding here at Cameron estate Inn, we certainly appreciate your kind words. The team at Cameron Estate Inn prides itself with insuring every experience is none like the other and we are happy that you would describe your's as a "fairy-tale wedding".

I apologize that the level of internet access wasn't not to your liking but I assure you that this is just one of the many improvements we are looking to accomplish in the near future.

We look forward to your next visit as we are excited to render another one of a kind experience for your anniversary dinner!

Reviewed 12 June 2017

This review is only for the restaurant/banquet facilities; we were not hotel guests.
My wife and I attended a recent retirement dinner, for a long time client. While the food was quite good, the experience was marred by the omnipresent flies in the dining room. At one point, my wife stopped me from drinking my club soda with lime, because multiple flies had landed in it while I went to the rest room. Normally, I provide comments on a facility's attention to food allergies, and this facility did well on that score; I had the name of a contact person, and the wait staff was well prepared for me, and able to advise on what I could (and could not) eat. Our meals were excellent, but we were distracted by flies buzzing around the table and our food. I would have liked to present a much better review, but our dissatisfaction with the flies makes that impossible.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank sgrstan

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Cameron Estate Inn. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service and experience that we render to our valued guests.

I certainly empathize regarding the points you have mentioned in your review, especially with the flies situation. This experience is unacceptable, and I assure you that we are trying to remedy the situation to avoid and discomfort for our valued guest moving forward. We put extreme importance in every specific need and requirements made by our guest, so this review will definitely put this issue at the highest priority.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Joy
22.5 km away
Lancaster Arts Hotel
Lancaster Arts Hotel
#4 of 40 in Lancaster

Been to Cameron Estate Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!