“FABULOUS. ECLECTIC. CLEAN. TASTEFUL.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olivia's Bridge Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Hope
Olivia's Bridge Street Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
Malvern PA
“FABULOUS. ECLECTIC. CLEAN. TASTEFUL.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I want to preface this review by saying that I am a very experienced B&B and Inn guest. I've stayed at the best of the best and the worst of the worst. I love this Inn for several reasons. LOCATION LOCATION.....The Stephan House sits in a fabulous location in the heart of New Hope, just up the street from the center of town, walking distance to everything, even Lambertville. The decor is spontaneous and eclectic. But most importantly, CLEAN. Always amazing to me are the people that say they prefer hotels to Inn's because of cleanliness. This Inn is cleaner than 90% of the hotels I've stayed in. Two of my biggest pet peeves with any Inn, hotel or home for that matter - old carpet and unfriendly owners. Not here. The Stephan House has GORGEOUS original wide plank wood floors throughout and everything is beautifully cared for. No stale yellow and blue toile decor here. The Inn is decorated beautifully with original pieces both old and new. Kathy, the Inn's manager is cheerfully attentive and welcoming. An absolute MUST with any Inn.

The Stephan House clearly appreciates their guests. Bikes are loaned at no extra charge, use of the roof deck is encouraged, the continental breakfast is simply complete with homemade pastry and breads. Since the previous poor review they replaced the mattress mentioned which to me, speaks volumes about any hotel.

As with any Inn or B&B, there IS an element of "go with the flow" in terms of quirkiness. It's part of the fun. Either go with the flow OR make sure that if you have specific needs that you do your research. Carefully read what the amenities are. That said, highly recommended. Look no further. This place is great.

Room Tip: Each room has it's own taste and feel. Two favorite: "The King Room" (because of its...
3 Thank Meghan M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at the Stephan House a few weekends ago weekend and was was underwhelmed with our stay. The room itself, The Stephan, had a king sized bed and was one of the newer rooms. The room was small and musty. That I can understand as it is a B&B, but my one true complaint was the bed. It was VERY uncomfortable. The springs had gone and it sloped down to one side. A bed is crucial to any room and we were shocked this was of such poor quality.

In the house itself they have a fridge downstairs where you can keep your drinks or food and offer a continental breakfast in the morning. There is also a common area with a TV.

Overall it was an okay B&B. The price, $235 per night, we felt, was way overpriced. We are not sure what we paid for, but I guess it is the location? The room was a little small and again, the bed terrible. We have stayed at alot of B&B's and hotels around the world and are used to paying high prices for hotels, if it was justified in the quality of the property. The Stephan House, sadly, was overpriced and in the end was a disappointment for us.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank carribtraveller
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

After reading all the rave reviews i was expecting something great. This is just an average B&B that is over priced. The pillows and sheets are cheap and uncomfortable. The finish of the room was very poor.There are no tv's in the rooms and the wifi connection was poor. Over two nights my room was not cleaned once.The pub next door is very noisy. However the manager was nice and helpful. The continental breakfast was fine.

I will look else where on my next visit to New Hope/ Lambertville.

Room Tip: not next to the pub
3 Thank tibor u
Philly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Great location, beautiful interior, awesome staff! We always love our visits to the Stephan House, this week was no exception. The Stephan House is in an ideal location for you to devour New Hope. It is just up the hill from the bridge and main street, right in the middle of the action. Parking is free and the breakfast is perfect to hold you over till you get an omelet at the Full Moon over the bridge in beautiful Lambertville. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Do you like to people watch? Get Room 6 with it's long balcony that overlooks all the action...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

After spending this past weekend at The Stephan House I felt compelled to write a review. My boyfriend and I had the most romantic get away and enjoyed every second of our time spent at the Inn! The fireplace in the room was amazing and just added to the ambiance! It is one of the most warm and comfortable B&B's I have ever stayed in! Kudos to the owner and staff at The Stephan House! I would recommend to all!~

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer J
Northport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

I stay in hotel chains every week for business. I stayed at the Stephan House to get away for a few days. It was exactly what I needed to clear my head and relax. Every detail is impeccably taken care of but it is not pretentious. Situated right in New Hope's ambience it is a fabulous place to go away as a couple or to go away and stay for a "girls' weekend". I stayed there during the week before Christmas and it was almost magical. I wished I had booked more time there. I'll visit there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Diane B
Manasquan, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

My wife Donna and I celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary Getaway not to far from home. We live in NJ about 1 hour away but had heard fabulous feedback from numerous friends regarding the The Stephan House Inn, New Hope, PA.

Michael was our host and treated us 1st class for our 3 day, 2 night stay, We loved the early January atmosphere (cold weather with the Fire Places glowing and Xmas Decor) and the awesome food served at breakfast. Everything was fresh, healthy, and relaxing.
More importantly, our huge bedroom had a private balcony (yes we were crazy to sip champagne at night outside) overlooking beautiful downtown New Hope with all it's festive lighting.

The location, town atmosphere is right outside your door! The free parking, breakfast, refrigerator w/water, internet, and service was even extra special. In meeting the owner, Celeste (who was radiant and very pleasant each day) I promised her that we would be back big time. More importantly (because of my business background), you can rent out the entire house for a formal family get away, sales meeting, etc..and utilize their roof top or backyard for barbecue's, cocktail parties during warmer times of the year. Guess what.....I plan on surprising my sales staff for our mid year sales meeting later this year.

Thank you for a wonderful time and we look forward to coming back many more times in the future :)

Chuck and Donna

Room Tip: The balcony room we had was outstanding :) Each room had its own unique elegance to meet your need...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
0.1 km away
Logan Inn
Logan Inn
#7 of 19 in New Hope

Been to Olivia's Bridge Street Inn? Share your experiences!