All reviewsthe blue roombook caserecommend staying herethe room was nicemade us feeljasonbookcaseweekendaccommodationsgroundssomeplacepa
Reviewed March 6, 2017

My fiancé and I spent two nights at the Wishing Well and it was phenomenal.

We stayed in the Cathedral room which had the tall cathedral ceiling. It had a tub + shower combo, an extremely comfortable bed, a side table, dressers, beautiful busts and a scale of justice type of scale and rocks decorating the room, closet, a TV, and a little side room with a desk and lamp. It was great to read the reviews made by past tenants throughout the years in these booklets inside the room. The rest of the inn was also decorated beautifully.

When we arrived, we'd forgotten to call before, and we were the only ones there, but when we called we were directed exactly where to go, and the room was so clean, and smelled so clean too. Our room was right next to the dining area / kitchen so we were able to all but roll out of bed to eat the delicious breakfast in the morning. Jason had gotten an ample amount of gluten free food for my then girlfriend, because she's gluten intolerant. She struggles to find good gluten free food, and she said it all was spectacular.

It's so conveniently located, we would walk to the downtown area, which was a roughly 20 minute walk. Only sad part about the trip was that we unfortunately didn't get to see the deer that show up in the early morning, although we enviously heard about it from other guests. My fiancé and I both agreed that next time we come we'd have to get up earlier to try to catch them.

Our experience and our trip was truly a magical one, and I definitely recommend going to the Wishing Well. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The Cathedral Room is right next to the dining area
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2017

I very much enjoyed my stay at the WIshing Well. The space was clean. The attic was a nice cozy place to stay.. The B and B manager was friendly and breakfast was very fresh. was great to be able to enjoy a relaxing morning out by the river. I would recommend Wishing Well Guest house to anyone looking for a local getaway in the tri-state area.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

My husband & I decided to get away from NYC last minute and found vacancy at this charming place (they had one room left). The reception staff were very friendly and casual about our arrival.
The place is an interesting old farmhouse, with a nice backyard.
The room we stayed in was the attic which was more the size of a small apartment, complete with a sitting room area for reading. It was also very quiet.
The furnishings were more home than hotel-like and made you feel like you were spending the weekend at your Aunt's place. Not super modern, but cozy and charming with little decoration touches.
It's just behind The Raven, a local staple where you can grab a drink, dance, and get a great bite to eat.
(The inn also serves a light but satisfying breakfast in the morning)
One of the best things is that because it's not in the center of New Hope, it's not as pricey as some of the downtown places. It's only a 15/20 minute walk to Main St. (You can either take the main road, or a lightly traveled quiet backroad). On our walk into town we even saw a deer standing at the side of the road eating that didn't even run away as we passed.
We wouldn't hesitate to return to the Wishing Well again. Perfect place to lay your head in a quiet, cozy atmosphere.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank international717
Reviewed September 25, 2016

We stayed here in ??February 2016. We stayed in the bookcase room. The office was the first impression that we had. Not very clean. Old pamphlets had dust all over them. We had to call multiple times while standing inside the office before anyone even answered. I know the building is old(We also live in a very old home) But it was old and dirty. The comforter had a mustard colored stain on it which was crusty. I couldn't sleep all night.The bed was uncomfortable and I was tempted to just leave during the night but my husband was sound asleep and I didn't want to wake him. We ran out in the morning before breakfast. Who knows the last time the kitchen had a thourough cleaning. Will not return. Could be cute with some updates and a good cleaning.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 111valPA
barbied0ll, Owner at The Wishing Well Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

Amazes me when someone has a complaint and doesn't address it until they leave the Inn and does so by using the Internet. This customer stayed 10 months ago and is now taking a moment to complain about dusty pamphlets and a linen stain. Someone has to question the motive of such a customer.
Meanwhile we consistently get five stars for cleanliness. Maybe it was just a busy week for the innkeeper after a hectic holiday?
I urge those reading to try to view the whole of our almost always excellent reviews rather than deciding a stay by exception. Especially one so OLD! We try hard.... It's disheartening when someone holds on to negativity for so long. I urge customers---- 'if you see something, say something!'

Reviewed September 12, 2016

My partner and I made last-minute plans to go to New Hope for a weekend getaway. We found out about the Wishing Well Guesthouse by just browsing the LGBT page of the town's website. When we arrived at night, the first thing we noticed was a brightly-lit archway leading to stairs down into a wooded pathway behind the house (our room came equipped with a flashlight perfect for nighttime exploring).Scattered throughout the back yard were fountains, animal figurines, a back-lit "grotto" & a glass globe - I'm sure there were other fun objects I didn't even see. When we woke up the next day, we were treated to Jason's fluffy pancakes studded with white-chocolate chips, sausage, coffee, tea, yogurt and fruit. Jason and Daniel were the most charming of hosts. We will definitely come back. The room we stayed in was the Royal Room, which is the smallest room, but it felt like more than enough for two people, and a bargain to boot.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple