“Cheap, comfortable room with a sub-par breakfast”

Days Inn New Stanton PA
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in New Stanton
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Cheap, comfortable room with a sub-par breakfast”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Stayed one night at the Days Inn New Stanton, PA while traveling through from Ohio to New York. We chose this place because it allows pets and the fee is only $10 and I'm a Wyndham Rewards member.

The exit where the motel is located is decent. Several options for breakfast the next morning. The motel was pretty run down. They do have a bar in the same building but we didn't visit it.

Check-in was a breeze and the woman at the front desk was friendly and chatty. The room wasn't great, but for $55 per night, what can one expect? The bed was comfortable, there was decent water pressure, and it had a really nice flat screen TV and HBO.

Overall, I wouldn't stay here on a vacation or anything, but for one night, passing through, I'd stay here again.

My only complaint was the breakfast offered by the motel. It was pretty sad. There were zero healthy options like yogurt or fresh fruit. They had frozen disks of sausage and eggs sitting out that needed to be microwaved along with plain bagels and a toaster. They also had a waffle maker and waffles. Needless to say, we ate elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank duncana2912

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Although while there they were painting the outside of the prison camp building, it still is by all standards, a prison like building.

Different levels, up, down, walkway here and there, various decors, ceilings and lighting inconsistent, rooms added here and there and so forth. The layout aside, this place is old and nasty. Not a single part of the corridors and lobby is clean or not torn down. Cigar smoke all over the place as are stains and wood panelling from the 60s.

Staff went to photocopy my DL (ok?) and conveniently left it in a back room like i wouldnt miss it. When reminded i will need it back (how rude of me wanting my DL back!) she snapped back with "oh i know where you are". Moving on....

The "hotel" shares the building with a mess hall (bar with cheap beer) which tends to be the meeting point for the locals. The hotel is also a meeting point/layover point for construction crews and contractors from all over the state it seems. Parking lot resembles a construction site with trucks of all types and sizes hauling all types of gear. Everybody smokes and there is constant movement between the various contractors coming and going to their job sites at ALL hours and between people going to the bar to get drunk.

Loitering at the main gate/lobby is the norm and used as a parking spot as well.

Was stuck here for several days because it was the only place that will take pets (with a deposit to boot) within 100 miles. Total ended up to over 100$ PER NIGHT after all of their fees were added on (tax, pet fees, other taxes, other fees... 40$ of fees per night!) atop the 200$ sec deposit.

Room wasn't bad at least but only because the pool was closed for repair during my stay. If the pool is open, do not get a room facing it! If the pool is closed during your stay, request a room next to it as those seem to be the best from what i saw.

And if you are hungry, just put a barbeque grill out on the patio in front of your pool side door and grill away, like one of the room patrons down the hall. Yes a real bricket BBQ.

Sorry but this is just tragic and it is the 2nd worst hotel i've ever stayed in that i can remember.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank AnotherHighwayRoamer

Travellers are raving about these New Stanton hotels

Cedar Springs, MI
Reviewed 21 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at this Days Inn just last week. We happened upon it quite by chance, looking for hotel after 5 hours of driving.
The lady at the front dest was quick, smiling, helpful and attuned to our needs.
The room was quite adequate, although it appeared the rain (some time ago) stained the ceiling.
The lady at the front desk was also very helpful as we were checking out, and I told her so. The manager was standing nearby, heard this, and asked I send in this review.
Overall, the room was quite adequate to our needs. We found it clean and neat and of a good size. A bonus was a flat screen TV to watch game 1 of the world series.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We planned to stay two nights, but left after one and would have left sooner if we could have found another place nearby. I booked this place because the pictures online looked nice and they said they had weddings there - how bad could a place be if they advertise it as a banquet hall? It was bad. We requested a non smoking room and it smelled like smoke and had cigarette hole burns in the blankets. The floor was filthy, there were nail clippings on the carpet and some food wrappers under the bed. The carpets throughout the hotel were disgusting. I went with my kids and everyone was afraid to walk in the hallways it was that sketchy. The hallways were filled with dominos garbage and bags of beer cans. This is not a nice place for anyone to go to - families, single people, couples, business people - everyone should stay away and the owners should be embarrassed about the state of their business.. Next night we went to a Red Roof Inn that was the same price and 100x better.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Krys N
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 September 2011

RE: Banquet hall - we held our reception at Spritzers, which is attached to the hotel... Our guests were impressed with the setup and lighting, the food was fantastic, the banquet staff was very helpful and friendly, and it was way more budget-friendly than it looked. I LOVED using this place for our reception.
~~
RE: Hotel - I have no idea how the room rates work since everybody seemed to be getting different prices over the phone vs online, but the rates seemed reasonable and the best of any hotels in the area.
The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and being attached to the banquet hall was perfect. My only complaint was that the AC units were loud and finicky... I couldn't seem to get the room temp right for anything.

The rooms aren't the best I've ever stayed in (I'm assuming because New Stanton is such a heavily-traveled location, major updates may be pretty difficult for any hotel in the area), but for the price, convenience and overall experience, I was *very* pleased.

Room Tip: If you have specific needs for your room, just ask when you're booking and they'll tell you...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was an awful experience. We chose this hotel because Days Inn gave it a 5 Sunburst rating. It is not at all what it purports to be. The room was disgusting. The front desk people had no interest in helping guests and did not want to be pulled away from whatever they were doing on the computer. We asked for more towels--we had only 3 for 4 people. Front desk person said they had no more! We asked for conditioner--front desk person said they don't have it. I went to use the computer in the lobby--which was absolutely ancient and incredibly slow, and really disgusting. The place reeked of alcohol from patrons of the bar/restaurant, and there seemed to be families living in the rooms and eating breakfast with other guests (at the incredibly poor breakfast bar) before sending their kids off to their first day of school. We would NEVER stay here again and NEVER would recommend this to anyone. What a horrible experience and a rip-off.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel in order to get the best room!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank LoveToTravelWhenICan
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Upon entering there was a sign that said "please wipe your feet." I found the sign entertaining because I don't think the carpets have been cleaned since the hotel opened which looked like about 200 yrs ago. This hotel was disgusting. I have stayed at plenty of hotels and this by far was the worst hotel I have ever seen. The first floor is filled with people living out of the rooms and I am guessing they use the disgusting swimming pool as their bathing facility. There is dirt everywhere. The entire building smells foul. There was water dripping out of an electrical outlet that they had put trashcan under to catch the water in the middle of a hallway. The computer in the lobby for internet access is about 20 years old. I could not sleep for fear of getting bitten by bugs from the bed. I was very tempted to just sleep in my car for the night. A joke was made that the car wash across the street would have been a cleaner place to sleep. I don't see how this hotel has a single decent review but take my advice....... do not chance staying at this hotel. It is DISGUSTING!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
24.1 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
13.2 km away
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Days Inn New Stanton PA? Share your experiences!