“Something for everyone”

Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2017

Great neighborhood restaurant with a broad selection of Asian cuisine and something for everyone even if you’re not in to sushi. We particularly like that it’s a BYOB and that the service is always prompt, courteous and helpful. It can get very crowded on weekends, so reservations are highly recommended and they also have take out if you want to call ahead and not wait for a table.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

The sushi is ok. The service is good. The owner(s) are very nice. Because it is Newtown, the price is jacked up a bit.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

Oishi is a local favorite for Asian fare, and it's reputation for fine food is well deserved based on our most recent visit. The restaurant is modern and the atmosphere has an open-environment feel. Miso soup was a bit thicker—and much fresher-tasting—than any I had had in recent memory. Our main courses (I had the glazed chicken) were tastefully presented and very fresh-tasting. Both my companion and I enjoyed our respective meals. We share some mango mochi ice cream for desert which was delicious.

If you enjoy a quiet meal with easy conversation, however, Oishi is not the destination for you, particularly during its busy times.Despite what appear to be acoustic tiles in the ceiling, loud sounds from around the restaurant seem to reverberate around us, making conversation difficult. I'm not sure what else management can do to reduce the ambient sound level, but this was the one factor that prevented me from giving Oishi my highest endorsement.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Just there end of the month with some friends. We ordered a bunch of appetizers and the service was great and food excellent!

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

It has been almost a year since our last visit due to being out of the area.
It is still as good as I remembered. What made it even better, was that the gopdol was a lunch special which included either soup or salad.
The gopdol was made with brown rice and seasoned vegetables and chicken. I said that I could probably eat this everyday.
THe prices at lunch are less than dinner time and you get more.

Hope we don't have to wait another year to return.