“Business dinner”

Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: N/a
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Friendly service in a fun atmosphere. Menu was pretty simple and food was good. Try the duck bacon wontons. They were pretty tasty appetizer.

Jessica B, Manager at Isaac Newton's Food & Drink, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thanks so much for your review! The duck bacon wontons are always a popular and unique appetizer choice and I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

I was working in the area and looking for a local place to eat that wasn't a chain restaurant. I was told about Issac Newton's and gave it a try. Since I was alone I ate at the bar. They had a large selection of local drafts with some very unique names and flavors. I am pretty much a dark beer person and the bartender let me sample a couple of drafts. I found what I liked and was ready to order food. I love meatloaf and thought I'd give it a try. I received two very large pieces with a side of mashed potatoes and an enormous serving of mixed vegetables. The food was very good for bar fare and absolutely more than I could eat. My only complaint was that I was so full I couldn't drink another beer.
Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks so much for this review! I'm happy to hear that you found Isaac's while in town! We're thrilled you enjoyed the food and drink here. If someone is going to have a complaint, that is the best one to have! Stop by and see us again if you're back in Newtown!

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

The menu is great, had the shaved prime rib sandwich with the Gorgonzola cream sauce which was excellent! Decent beer menu and staff was friendly. Parking is a bit of a challenge but would definitely go back.

Jessica B, Manager at Isaac Newton's Food & Drink, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! The prime rib is one of our most popular sandwiches and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Unfortunately the lot is a municipal lot so many area businesses utilize the lot and it can get a little busy. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Went there for the first time based on T.A. reviews and had lunch. Grace, our server was excellent. Gave us good tips on the food and great service. Tried a small caesar salad with my burger and fries. It was as good as any I've had. And it was large enough to share. My wife had the sheperd's pie and loved it. Took half of it home for another meal. Only negative was that my turkey burger was overcooked and dry. Needed lots of condiment to get it down.

If you've not been there before, the website says it's on State St but it really isn't. We had to ask some locals where it was and found out it was behind the main row of buildings and no signage to tell you that. If you are on Washington, just before State there is a public parking lot on the right. Turn in there and you'll find the place.

Thank you so much for this review! We will be sure to pass along the kind words to Grace and I'm thrilled to hear you received such great service! I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your turkey burger more but I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our kitchen.

We are tucked behind State Street but also accessable from the municipal lot so I'm glad you found your way! If you find yourself in Newtown again, be sure to visit us!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

A family place that lives up to its reputation. Lots of young people which is great, just loud. Extensive menu, but you’ll find a few favorites and will go back to them over and over. Food is usually good, never terrible, rarely exceptional. Just a down home place to grab a bite with friends.

Jessica B, Manager at Isaac Newton's Food & Drink, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you've found favorite menu items within our extensive menu to enjoy. While due to the volume of business we do, the restaurant can get louder during busy hours, we are always happier to move you to a quieter area if that is preferred.