“GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Meglio Pizzeria Incorporated
Ranked #19 of 95 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

Out with visiting family for another lunch in Newtown Pennsylvania.
Stop by Miglio Pizzeria a business that has been here in town for quite some time however had just moved to a new location at 3 N. Sycamore St. in Newtown.
We ended it about 12:10 to find the place pretty full.
There were eight of us on a walk in. The hostess took our name and said it would be a short wait. The owner and a helper quickly set up a couple of tables on the end of the booth to accommodate all eight of us.
My stepson and stepdaughter recognized our waitress Erica who had come to the table to take our order as someone they had gone through the school system with. The girl did not recognize them however but she as soon as their name was announced she had quick recall. After a quick catch-up of 40 years Erica manage to take care of the entire table and still keep a running conversation with the kids. She did a great job.
Drink orders were taken promptly and delivered. After a few minutes the food orders were taken as well. There was pizzas ordered one with sun-dried tomatoes and another split one pepperoni and plain. Also several salads and cheesesteaks.
I myself had a cheesesteak and a slice of plain pizza. The cheesesteak was touted to have been made with sirloin, and I can guarantee you it was as I know my meat. The pizza had a thin crust with a chewy edge.....Mmm!
The new place is cheery and bright. Not overly large. Prices are right. But with all the people in a small space it was extremely noisy. It was difficult to hear what was going on at our table. Also plenty of off street parking was available. This is a well-run place with great food. I will definitely return to this place again, and again, and again!

Reviewed June 28, 2016

The new location of Meglios is very beautiful, and surprisingly the dining room is not much bigger than before. So you will still have your cozy Meglio experience. The menu seems to be the same and that is a plus as well. I personally think their salads are great, and I'm always happy with them. Our pizza was delicious, but it seemed extra greasy this time and the bottom was not cooked enough (doughy). Our main problem continues. Hair in food. This time it was on the lip of my water glass. I have spoken up to the owner about this in the past and it seems the problems continue. Gross. Also, there were lots of tables open but we were still asked to wait about 15 minutes. The owner seemed to be the one deciding who was sitting where, and we could not imagine why he would not want to get people seated. You enter the new restaurant from the back corner and you walk past a beautiful pizza counter on the way to the seating area. This affords you an opportunity to look at the open kitchen. I'm sorry I did on the way out because both views of the back kitchen show the floor covered with food waste. Gross. If you are going to have an open kitchen you better keep it clean! The overall service in this restaurant has been declining for a while, and while their pizzas are great, I would like this review to be a wake-up call to step up the game. Fix the problems and I'll continue coming! I've been a fan for many years, but they are going to have to clean up before I'll happily return. I want this restaurant to keep being successful and my family's go to place!

1  Thank Viewstat
Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

Just had lunch in their new building. It's beautiful, food was good and waitress was friendly. Definitely would recommend

Reviewed June 14, 2016

I always get pizza and sandwiches to go from here, and it is fantastic. Never disappoints. Try the Sicilian pizza or the chicken parm sandwich.

Reviewed April 18, 2016

Meglio's is a great pizza and sandwich place. Love their wood fired pizza and lunch specials. A must stop for a quick bite. We have been coming here for over 16 years and keep going back!!!