“It may be our new hangout”
Review of Arena Sports Grill

Arena Sports Grill
Reviewed February 6, 2015

This business opened a few months ago in the former Julio's site on Route 30 in Irwin. Friends have told us to try their happy hour (4 to 6 p.m.). During happy hour, draft/craft beers (they have a lot of choices) and several mixed drinks are half price. They also have a bottle beer special, but I don't remember that price. A 16oz Coors Light draft was $1.75 and a Bacardi rum and coke was around $1.90. Interesting that our sales slip spelled Bacardi as Barcardi. There were also some 5 or so appetizers that I believe were half price during happy hour. One I will try at some point was fries with cheese and bacon. I am a sucker for bacon on anything. My wife and I settled on splitting a reuben sandwich with fries for $9.95. We would have like a little more in the quantity of fries, but the sandwich was huge and excellent. I was very surprised that the place was not busy. They have a very large dining room and only 5 tables were taken at 6 p.m. There was only 1 table taken when we arrived an hour earlier. We will definitely give this place another try and hopefully many more after that. I would probably not recommend the chips instead of fries on the sandwiches. When my wife was there for a lunch with her girlfriends, the chips were cold. She was told they make them in the morning for the entire day, and are not made fresh for your meal. One suggestion is to watch the language at the bar. We are turned off when the F bomb starts being used as was the case when we were there. Fortunately, we were not that close to it; otherwise, we would probably not be going back.