“Food is terrible...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2017

Can't imagine how this place manages to stay in business as the food is terrible. On a recent visit I had the Herb-encrusted Salmon with roasted asparagus and mashed potatoes.

When the salmon arrived, it was a nice looking piece of fish, but it completely lacked the flavor of salmon. I have no idea how you could cook salmon to completely remove the flavor, but somehow they did it. The so-called "roasted" asparagus was overcooked to a complete mush; it should have been put in a little jar and sold as baby food. The mashed potatoes were unobjectionable, but also unexceptional.

For a drink, I had a Metropolitan Mojito (at a cost of $7.50) that was bland and unmemorable. My companion said her food was blah also.

Really, don't waste your time and money here.

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Once you try it, the Metro will quickly be your go-to restaurant! Happy "DAY" specials in the bar area, plus great food specials, everyday. We go every Monday - 1/2 price wine day!

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Had a couple of meals to go the past couple of months that were okay, but even fresh food does not always stand up well to take out.

Today I visited to eat in and was pretty pleased. My wife had signed up for their rewards club and had a coupon for 7$ off. She ordered the Apple walnut salad, her usual. I ordered the Metropolitan Meatloaf. It is a grilled meatloaf with a Smokey ketchup with just a little bit of spice. It was served with a side of mixed vegetables cooked in some butter and a good pile of mashed red skinned potatoes. All were served hot, the portion was very filling and the price was a good value for the amount of food. We finished with the Apple crisp. Again, well done.
Calling themselves a diner is definitely deceiving. It is a casual restaurant both in atmosphere and menu.

Other reviews mention slow service or being understaffed. We were there by 5 PM on a Friday and there was plenty of available seating and the service was prompt and friendly. Nothing to complain about. The Friday night crowd started filling the place later on. I can see where it could lead to a wait. I guess that just means they are doing things well.

I saw several items on the menu I would like to go back and try.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

we eat here all the time at least once a week, the owners are a pleasure to deal with and the food is always great and reasonable the atmosphere is nice, the bar area is great and they have a back room with a fireplace that you can hire out for large parties.

Reviewed September 8, 2017

My husband and I ate an early lunch at our favorite "go to" restaurant. I ordered one of the specials of the day. Open-faced shaved turkey on cranberry, nut bread with herb gravy, melted Brie and warm apples. It looked amazing and tasted even better. I never thought to take a picture, really should have. I love this restaurant for the menu and the service. I also enjoy patronizing a family owned business more than a chain restaurant. John and his lovely wife Jill are hands on and aim to please. I enjoy food with different ingredients that I wouldn't take the time to prepare at home. My meal today was exquisite. My husband, who enjoys plain food had a burger and fries. There is always something for everyone at the Metropolitian. I find many items on the menu that are not something you would find elsewhere. Yet there are many typical items, as well, to choose from. Breakfast is also served all day. Don't let that lead you to think this is a diner. No way! The food is always fresh and often locally sourced. An added bonus...sign up for their rewards card and recieve a $5 credit for signing up, $10 birthday credit, and 10% back every time you spend $50 on food or drinks. They have a bar but we don't drink so I can't comment except to say it usually has a nice crowd there at the dinner hour. I must complicment our server, Sandra, who was attentive and gave excellent service.

1  Thank patb105

Been to The Metropolitan? Share your experiences!