“Good food, good service, and good prices.”
Review of The Metropolitan

The Metropolitan
Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in North Wales
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2017

My husband and I stopped here with my 19 month old. All the food and service was great and the prices were good too. I had breakfast and my husband had one of the seasonal specials for lunch. My son enjoyed the french toast sticks and his warm cookie at the end. We also had the soft pretzels with the dips as an appetizer and they were delicious. Overall it was a nice atmosphere with good food and good service.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Can't imagine how this place manages to stay in business as the food is terrible. On a recent visit I had the Herb-encrusted Salmon with roasted asparagus and mashed potatoes.

When the salmon arrived, it was a nice looking piece of fish, but it completely lacked the flavor of salmon. I have no idea how you could cook salmon to completely remove the flavor, but somehow they did it. The so-called "roasted" asparagus was overcooked to a complete mush; it should have been put in a little jar and sold as baby food. The mashed potatoes were unobjectionable, but also unexceptional.

For a drink, I had a Metropolitan Mojito (at a cost of $7.50) that was bland and unmemorable. My companion said her food was blah also.

Really, don't waste your time and money here.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Once you try it, the Metro will quickly be your go-to restaurant! Happy "DAY" specials in the bar area, plus great food specials, everyday. We go every Monday - 1/2 price wine day!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Had a couple of meals to go the past couple of months that were okay, but even fresh food does not always stand up well to take out.

Today I visited to eat in and was pretty pleased. My wife had signed up for their rewards club and had a coupon for 7$ off. She ordered the Apple walnut salad, her usual. I ordered the Metropolitan Meatloaf. It is a grilled meatloaf with a Smokey ketchup with just a little bit of spice. It was served with a side of mixed vegetables cooked in some butter and a good pile of mashed red skinned potatoes. All were served hot, the portion was very filling and the price was a good value for the amount of food. We finished with the Apple crisp. Again, well done.
Calling themselves a diner is definitely deceiving. It is a casual restaurant both in atmosphere and menu.

Other reviews mention slow service or being understaffed. We were there by 5 PM on a Friday and there was plenty of available seating and the service was prompt and friendly. Nothing to complain about. The Friday night crowd started filling the place later on. I can see where it could lead to a wait. I guess that just means they are doing things well.

I saw several items on the menu I would like to go back and try.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

we eat here all the time at least once a week, the owners are a pleasure to deal with and the food is always great and reasonable the atmosphere is nice, the bar area is great and they have a back room with a fireplace that you can hire out for large parties.

Been to The Metropolitan? Share your experiences!