All reviews grounds are beautiful the pub the barn country breakfast spa tub next morning valentine's day romantic getaway charming place filet mignon lobster roll great restaurant french toast my fiance first floor gas fireplace wedding reception
Reviewed August 28, 2018

This was my third time staying at the Joseph Ambler Inn, and most likely my last. The hotel and grounds are lovely, especially on such a beautiful, cool summer night like the one we stayed on. We enjoyed walking around the property and were even able to overlook the noise from the 202 Parkway and Horsham Road, which are directly next to the hotel. After checking in, we decided to have dessert and a drink at the outdoor tables. The hostess was not quick about seating us, although there were numerous tables available. After we were finally seated, we waited for 10-15 minutes without one person coming over to us to take our order. There was plenty of wait staff milling about the tables, but we somehow seemed invisible to them. We decided to leave and return to our room (Room 108). Upon arriving in our room we were welcomed with the most unappealing smell...kind of a musty, mildew-like, wet basement type of smell. We opened the windows and put on the air conditioner, but nothing helped to remove the odor or the dampness in the air. I've stayed at a number of other old inns and never experienced this type of issue. If you have allergies or any type of aversion to musty smells (as I do) then this room is not for you.
The room was cute...quite large with a large bathroom and an amazing soaking tub with jets. It had a nice outdoor seating area with a privacy fence surrounding it. There was a good sized refrigerator, nice sized TV and it was nicely decorated. The bed, however, was hard and uncomfortable and we knew that it was going to be a most unpleasant night's sleep.
To make a long story short, there were just too many negatives about the room to make it worthwhile and we ended up leaving about 5 hours after checking in. The only redeeming quality of the room was the amazing tub! It was the most expensive bath I've ever taken, for sure ;)

Room tip: Stay away from Room 108 if you have allergies or an aversion to musty smells.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank asnyder108
Elisavet L, Manager at Joseph Ambler Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

asnyder,

Thank you for taking the time and providing feedback regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered while trying to dine with us and with your hotel room

If you are in the area again and would like to give us another chance please contact me directly so that I may ensure your stay is a more enjoyable one.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Our door was hard to open and close - shower handle fell off - carpet was musty - very few cable channels. When we alerted staff, there was no apology - paid $170 per night - breakfast was great - staff very friendly when we arrived.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mbreuer183
Elisavet L, Manager at Joseph Ambler Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

mbreuer183,

Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback. I am sorry that the handle fell off in the shower and that the carpet was musty. I will have the appropriate departments take care of these issues. If you are in the area again please contact me directly to make a reservation and I will ensure you receive an upgraded room. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

We recently stayed at the Joseph Ambler Inn with a large group of friends. We were extremely impressed with every detail of this inn. The rooms are beautifully appointed and the bar and restaurant make it an all-inclusive "resort". The common spaces, within indoors and out, are warm and inviting.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank tj0nesbari
Elisavet L, Manager at Joseph Ambler Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

tj0nesbari,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the property. We hope to see you gain soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2018

More like staying in the bedroom of an old stone home, with the appeal of a bed and breakfast. Charming grounds, satisfactory room sizes, ample closet and storage, squeaky clean, carpet more plush than most chains, cozy linens, comfortable beds, helpful and smiling staff, great restaurant and bar that serves an outstanding lobster roll among other things. Falls a little short on convenience, most of which can be so easily remedied, e.g., only one small mirror above the bathroom sink makes it difficult to prepare for a black tie event, no mobile device charging ports that could be resolved with a couple USB equipped lamps or alarm clocks, and the so very few outlets are very difficult to reach. A/C for our room was controlled at the front desk and was never cool enough despite two phone calls. these small setbacks are substantially outweighed by the experience as a whole, yet we hope some of these easy fixes get taken care of in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank PhillyFoodieVA
Elisavet L, Manager at Joseph Ambler Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

PhillyFoodieVA,

Thank you for staying with us and for the review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay even though there were a few shortcomings. We are currently working on updated our clock radios in the rooms that will include USB ports for convenience.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed August 1, 2018

Stayed Sunday - Tuesday and had a wonderful time. Think this was our 5th time here.We tried the queen suite and I think it was my favorite. Yes the tub is smaller and so is the bed but I loved the layout and like having the tub in the room and lots of seating. Our dinner in the JPub with Zack was tasty as usual and breakfast was hot and yummy even 15 mins before it closed. Got to pet both Bonnie & Clyde.This was the first time there was a wedding going on and, although there was a gathering in our building, it really wasn't intrusive or any sort of problem for us. Love JAI, can't wait to go back !!

Room tip: All suites are great !!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Amy0903,

Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful review! I am glad you enjoyed the Queen Suite and your dinner in the JPub!
We look forward to your return.