“The food is great.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed July 23, 2018

For the price, the food is good and serving a big portion. This is my first time in one Dinner and I plan to return. I had a very good experience, we had Philly cheese steak and bacon cheeseburger and he was very rich.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

My daughter, two granddaughters and I had dinner in this diner. The food is great and there was no waiting to be seated. Our waitress was friendly and attentive to our needs. The dessert fridge has lots of cakes and pies that can be bought whole. The salad bar has lots of varieties of cold salads as well as hot soups. The only complaint I have is the air conditioning is extremely cold and the food didn't stay hot long. I was in Lansdale for three days and visited them two times. Recommend highly.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

Typical diner. but in terms of your typical diner its a little better than you'd expect. decent burgers, decent salads, good wraps. you can't really go wrong

Reviewed April 22, 2018

A friend and I were in the area and accidentally stumbled upon this place. We noticed they take cards, which was our deciding factor. I also noticed they were open 24 hours. We went in and were immeditely greeted and seated at a booth. Service was incredible! Melissa, our waitress, was hands down one of the best waitresses we have had (and we eat out a lot). She was friendly, quick, and on the ball. When our drinks were low, she would immediately bring more to the table without even asking. Often times we are places and will sit forever waiting for the waitress and waiting for a refill, which is the biggest turn off. Not here! Our food came out fast and included the salad bar. The salad bar had plenty of options. One side was all salad fixings, and the other side was tyopes of cold salads,
rolls and condiments. There were also choices of 2 hot soups. We tried each and they were both wonderful. I got the eggplant parm. Normally I would never even think of ordering this in a diner or any place that wasn't specifically Italian (I'm Italian and a bit of a nazi when it comes to good Italian food). I was pleasantly surprised. The pasta it came with was good, cooked perfectly and the sauce was delicious. What suprised the most though was how the eggplant parm was cooked- perfectly and exactly like you would get in a good restraurant. usually it's a piece of soggy eggplant denched in sauce and throw on top of pasta- pretty disgusting. Not here! It was really thin, fried and stacked. I'd go back just for that! We had leftovers to take home and all in all it was quite the wonderful experience. We dont like anywhere near here, but we are already talking about when we can go back. Thanks for the great experience and great food. That Melissa is a keeper!

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

This diner is very good! A soup and salad bar with great choices, large dinner portions at great prices!

Been to American Star Diner? Share your experiences!