Knights Inn Palmyra/Hershey
US$53
US$59
US$57
Hotwire.com
White Rose Motel(Hershey)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$107
US$67
US$64
US$56
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I had booked two rooms for a 2-star motel and I only got to pick the area (not the actual property). I had to pay up front $146 for two rooms (including tax). When we arrived and checked in we were given keys and checked out the rooms. We couldn't get over the smell in the rooms (old & musty). We refused to stay in the rooms because they didn't meet our quality expectations (all we needed were two upscale economy rooms). If it wasn't for the smell, we probably would have stayed even though we were upset with the conditions promised to us (two stars).
This motel has a few rooms being added on to the end which may be nice but weren't completed yet. The rest of the motel is dated to the pre-interstate system and looks like a 1950's type roadside motel that would have been lower than my families standards back in the early 1970's when I travelled as a child with my family. It is not up to the standards of ANY of the chain motels/hotels in this country. The manager at the motel and the reservation service we used would not refund our money so this is just a wake-up call to anyone willing to accept a rating system for a unknown motel...buyer beware!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank KWHEFIL
Reviewed May 9, 2009

Room had a terrible musty, moldy smell. 1 bed had a large stain on the sheet and the sheet was torn (had it ever been changed?), the other bed had an unidentifiable stain on sheet also, pillow cases were dirty, hairs in the bathroom . I left without getting a refund. Should I say more?

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank VirginiaJoyce
Reviewed April 22, 2009

As we were settling down for the night, right above our head crawling along the ceiling was a huge brown bug. Not sure what kind, but I just knew I couldn't sleep in that room....even if my husband had squished it for me. Because, as my grandmother would say, where there's one, there's more....especially, once you turn out the lights!!
We had only been in the room 1/2 hour but had checked in 5 hours earlier before we went to the viewing of our deceased aunt.
We decided to go to a national hotel chain since it was already midnight and we needed a good night's sleep for the funeral in the morning.
Unfortunately, the owner who was on desk duty that night said he could not refund our money since we had been registered for over 5 hours, regardless of the fact that we had only been in the room for 30 minutes before we found the BUG!!!
He said that it was a flying bug that flew in when we opened the door. He never even saw the bug, and I can tell you it was not a little flying bug - it was a huge, inch long creepy crawly thing.
From now on, we will NOT register BEFORE we go to an event. We thought this was a good idea to get our luggage in the room and suits hanging up so that they would be fresh for the funeral. Next time, we'll wait and register when we're able to thoroughly inspect a room to make sure it has no BUGS!!!
I also don't appreciate the tone the owner took with us and the fact that he did not believe us that the bug was not a flying bug that flew in when we opened the door....
For a business that should rely on customer service and customer satisfaction, he was not forthcoming in either.
I would look elsewhere if you are looking for a bug-free stay....

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kkingpa
Reviewed August 23, 2008

My husband and I must travel to Lebanon yearly in August for a trade show at the Lebanon expo center. The few hotels in Lebanon are beyond horrendous, so this year we decided to seek lodging in the farther lying regions. We chose the Palmyra by reading reviews on Trip Advisor, it was not outrageously expensive as many of the "close to Hershey" hotels are, and it wasn't offensively nasty.

We were a little worried when first shown our King room, it was tiny, stinky and airless, but the second room with 2 queen beds was more acceptable, larger and not reeking like a long unopened tomb.

Once we got settled we began to enjoy the old fashionedness of the hotel setting and the charm in the location. You can sit in the evenings in front of your room in the plastic chairs and watch kids play in the pool. The Palmyrans are quite friendly as you pass through the streets of the historic town; they sit on their front porches and greet you. There are plenty of decent restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

The hotel itslef is a single story drive up, making it so simple to toss your stuff directly into the rooms from your car and then out again. The shower was consitantly hot with a good steady stream. On the nights the hotel was packed, once we closed the door we couldn't hear the celebrations going on in the parking lot and in the other rooms- very good insulation.

The drive to the Lebanon Expo center did take about 20 minutes each was, but was so pleasantly scenic with the lovely countryside and historic villages that we didn't mind the distance at all.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank coando
Reviewed July 24, 2008

The Palmyra Motel had the best rate available for our stay within a reasonable distance from Hershey Park.. The rooms had been recently renovated and were clean and comfortable. The decor is nothing spectacular, but the bed gave a good night's sleep. The mini fridge provided was an unexpected bonus (great for keeping our beer cold!). The bathroom was very clean, as was the separate vanity area. The one drawback I would mention is the fairly low shower head (we're about 5'5" and could just fit under). Water pressure was great, the head just set a bit low.

Staff at the desk were friendly and very accommodating with requests (extra towels for the pool were given promptly). The room was always cleaned by the time we returned for our afternoon break from the amusement park. The cleaning staff noticed that we used the extra towels and made sure that we had plenty for the rest of our stay.

The pool was a welcome relief on our arrival day! The pool itself was very clean and inviting. The pool area could have used some new cushions on the chaise lounges (the cushions were a bit mildewy), but there were plenty of plastic chairs for seating.

Lunch on both days of our stay consisted of the BEST Italian cold cut subs from the nearby pizzeria, Palermo's II (1515 E Chocolate Ave). Absolutely delicious!

Over all, we enjoyed an excellent weekend thanks in large part to having a comfortable room to call home after a tiring day at Hershey Park. Not paying a fortune was a huge bonus!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple