“Convenient restaurant near Hershey Park”
Review of Funck's Restaurant

Funck's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Palmyra
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Funck's Restaurant is a great place for everyone in the family to get together for a great meal and drinks. Funck's friendly staff goes all out to ensure your dining experience is the best. Whether stopping in for breakfast, lunch or dinner, Funck's has a wide selection of menu options your sure to love, from a full breakfast menu to wraps, burgers, salads, and homemade soups for lunch to a creative selection of dinner entrees. Funck's restaurants began in 1969 and still serve traditional favorites that include steaks, fried chicken, and fresh burgers, but they also continue to add many new options such as their turkey pretzel melt sandwich, baked tomato crock, grilled lemon-asparagus tilapia, and stuffed meatloaf dinner. After your finished enjoying your dinner, be sure not to miss out on the great selection of homemade desserts!
Reviewed August 21, 2016

My husband and I were looking for a quick breakfast place and came upon this place near Hershey. We were seated quickly and greeted by our server. I had scrambled eggs- which were fried eggs chopped up- and home fries and toast and coffee. Coffee was good. My husband had the eggs over and sausage. I tasted the sausage and it was very good. Spicy but not overwhelming. The bill came to about $15. Because of the unusual name we bought a T shirt, with the restaurant name, for our son who did not accompany us. The server was efficient and friendly and came back regularly to check if we needed anything else. I noticed there was biscuits and sausage gravy and eggs Benedict on the menu which sounded good, but I was afraid my stomach wouldn't tolerate it. We would go back if we were in the area again. There are tables and booths. They accommodate small children and babies and there was plenty of parking.

Reviewed August 20, 2016

Standard bar/diner food. Nothing worth writing home about. The pita chips served with the Spinach and Artichoke dip were burnt, not "toasted." The cheese fries arrived cold and greese-soaked. A lot of beer on tap, but not a diverse selection of brewers. Food was slow to arrive during off-peak hours. The bartender was visibly hungover and grumpy; his condition negatively impacted our dinning experience. I would not recommend this place.

1  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed August 15, 2016

Ate here while at a soccer tournament in Hershey, food was good lots to choose from. They have great specials like $5 off a steak on Thursdays, things like that...good kids menu and alot of space for big parties!

Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

Great place to meet friends for a beer and some good eats. They have a large selection of beer and they have live music on weekends.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed July 26, 2016

Took a family member there for a birthday dinner. SO embarrassed. Food was the worst ever. I have been there before with good food. Not sure if the bar side now gets all the attention but this place as a family restaurant is going down hill. Tried to contact owner but no contact info on web site. Told waitress how awful food was and she ignored me. No manager came out or anything. Go here with a shot it may be ok. I will not take others here.

Date of visit: May 2016