“FIRST TIME”

Skydive Philadelphia
Reviewed July 13, 2008

My experience was out of this world!! I went with my sister and three of my friends. We had been trying to go for awhile but, it was too windy the first times we were scheduled to go (no complaints I'm glad they called us before we left). This time on July 13th we didn't receive a call so we took the 2hr drive and went to Penn Ridge (I think thats what is was called, it was on North Ridge Road) in Perkasie, PA. The staff was very nice and my instructor that I jumped with named Pete was very funny. I was quite nervous seeing that I had never been in a plane before let alone going skydiving, but one of the stunt jumpers sitting on the plane next to me calmed me down a bit. The feeling of free fall was crazy but, i was glad when my parachute got pulled because then i could relax and enjoy the ride. The video turned out great and my still pictures they took were awesome. Overall my experience there was outstanding and if and when i go again I'll definitely go back to Penn Ridge!!
JUSTINE

"risks"
"teaching"
"risa"

Reviewed August 6, 2007

The long and short of it: Don't use this business for anything. I do not think they are by any means trustworthy, but even if they are, they were completely unprofessional both in person and over the phone. Read on to find out why I say this.

I'll start off by saying that maybe, just MAYBE it was divine intervention that I didn't get to jump.

My sister, our boyfriends, and I booked our jump one month before our jump date. The site was a two-and-a-half hour drive from my house, where we all met. Our start time was at noon, and I called on the way at about 11 to make sure the jump day would be good. (Skydiving is dependent on weather and other things, as I understood.) They said on the phone that it would be great, come on up. We got there and the place was absolutely packed. We went to check in and they told us that they were really behind schedule and that we could go upstairs and wait. They would get to us when they could.

About an hour later, I walked back downstairs and asked the man at the front desk how much longer it would be. (Having been told that the entire experience would last about 2.5 hours, we decided to wait to eat dinner and continue our fun day after our jump with a trip to Dave and Buster's in Philly.) We were hungry, and I figured if he was going to be a lot longer, we would go eat. He gave this answer, "I told you when you checked in that I would get to you as soon as I could. I can't give you an estimate of how long it will take because we have so many variables. We'll say 20 minutes, but that's just make-believe," or something to that effect, complete with a ton of attitude.

About 20 minutes later he came up and collected our paperwork. We went back downstairs to "pay for our extras" and they told us that we would have to wait outside until they could figure out where they could fit us in. Another hour later, they told us they were booked up and they couldn't fit us in at all that day. So we drove 2.5 hours (one way) and waited 2.5 hours and didn't get anything out of it. As I said, our start time was at noon, and they jump until about 7:30 (depending on dusk), so that means that they were 7.5 hours behind. Can I believe that?

As if that wasn't bad enough...

Needless to say, I wasn't going to waste my time and drive all the way back there in order not to jump again, so I attempted to get a refund from the company. Impossible. The jumpers said that they don't have anything to do with the refund, but the reservation service does, so we would have to go through them. That Saturday, I tried to talk with the woman (who I had utmost confidence in) who booked our jumps, but she didn't work there any more. So I spoke with someone else, who said he would try to give us a refund, but if it didn't work, I would have to call and speak to yet another person the following Monday. Monday, of course, I had to call and speak to the other person, but after trying to reach him for three days, I found out that he no longer worked there as well. So obviously I tried to speak with his supervisor, and I managed to speak to somebody who told me that they would call the jumpers and find out if my request for a refund was valid. I told him it was, and he said he would talk to them and call me later that evening. He said, "I will resolve this problem for you."

He didn't call that evening, so the next day I tried getting in touch with him. I called three times, and I left two messages. He never returned my calls. Finally, I called my bank (I had paid with a Visa check card), and they are currently investigating this fiasco. I do not know for certain if I will be able to get the money back or not. I will probably update this review when I find out. This has been going on since July 21st, and it is now August 7th. My friends and I had $1200 invested in this experience, and it just didn't happen, and none of us are able to (with certainty) get our money back. I feel like I've been scammed.

18  Thank onegreendoggy