“Drinks abd Music”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Was in town for dinner and decided to stop in to see the new upstairs open rooftop bar. Had an awesome watermelon martini and listened to some great music. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

We arrived on a Sunday evening around 6 pm. It was warm and a bit muggy, but nice. We were a table of 3 and ordered beers, 2 pints and a 5 oz pour. Waitress came back with a pint and a 5 oz, "we ran out of the other beer", ok that happens. I ordered another beer, "out of that as well", I'm told. So ordered a different beer which ended up being terrible, but not the restaurant's fault. A while later, the waitress came back to take our food order. I ordered cheesesteak egg rolls to start and we each ordered an entree. My entree came with a salad. The waitress did not know the dressing choices, so we selected vinaigrette from those she did know. 10 minutes later she came back and one of the group ordered another 5 oz beer. 10 minutes later she returned with the beer. 5 minutes later the salad came out with ranch dressing, we inquired about the egg rolls. Waitress said, all the food should be out soon. 5 minutes later, I said, "Don't bother with the egg rolls since they were an appetizer and we don't want them with the meal." 10 minutes later the Manager brought the egg rolls and said, "we already prepared these, but don't worry they have been comp'd." The egg rolls were cold, so we told the waitress to take them away. The food came a couple of minutes later.

The tacos are 2 to an order and very small. The burger was quite good and came with a side salad missing the dressing that was ordered. The crab macaroni and cheese was so dry that there was no cheese sauce and the topping was like straw.

They charged us for the egg rolls, but noted it was also deducted, even though we had declined the ordered. We were charged for the 2 pints of beer that they were out of, so I had to send the bill back to get the non existent beers removed.

1  Thank emgsoccer
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We were looking for a place for a rehearsal dinner. My son (the groom) recommended Bistro on Broad as they've eaten there before and had positive experiences. It was very close to the wedding venue, so, we figured we'd check it out.

Was in touch with Harry who forwarded me some pricing information and agreed to meet us at 3PM on Sunday, June 10th. He confirmed the appointment via email. We took the hour long trek from Lower Bucks County in a driving rainstorm and got to the Bistro on time for our meeting. We enter and advise the hostess that we have a meeting with Harry. Where's Harry? Nowhere to be found. We were made to wait 30 minutes and were greeted by another manager, John, who did his best to show us the venue and talk to us about their facilities, even though he was completely in the dark about the details I had already gone through with Harry. John said he could answer anything that Harry could, other than if the date was available. Uh, kind of an important detail, wouldn't one think?

We're first shown a private room on the first floor, the Sweetwater Room, which could easily accommodate our party of approximately 30 guests. Let me tell you, if you know someone is coming in to look at your event space, maybe make an effort to make it look appealing. This room was so stacked up with tables, chairs, employees eating, boxes, supplies, God knows what else was in there; one could not get any kind of a feel if it would be a good space for us. Frankly, it just looked like a dumping ground.

We were then taken upstairs to a kind of open air bar area. Half the bar is open to the outside where people can go, weather permitting, to eat or drink. We're told by John that they could divide the bar area to host our rehearsal dinner. I asked if tables and chairs would be set up, and, he said no, that we would use the furniture that was in the bar. A handful of really low, uncomfortable looking chairs, overall just not a good setting for our event. Loud, impersonal, bad ambiance, certainly not intimate enough for a rehearsal dinner.

So, the open bar area is open, and, the rain is coming in. A patron is heading toward the stairs and slips on the wet wooden floor, barely catching themselves from a nasty tumble. I asked John if they should close that area, mop the floor, put up a warning sign, an orange cone, anything that could prevent a possible injury, especially after just witnessing this near miss. He seemed to have no interest in the safety of his patrons and pretty much just blew my suggestion off. John tried to talk to us about the food and drink packages, but, frankly at this point I don't think there was anything that could sell us on this joint.

We left quite disappointed. Did I get any kind of follow-up from John? No. Did Harry reach out to me for standing us up, maybe offer an apology? No. Frankly, just didn't seem like they had the least bit of interest in our business.

This may be a great place for walk in food and drinks. If you're thinking, however, about having them cater some sort of private event, I would say to steer clear, it's definitely not their jam.

1  Thank markjshap
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately the new dynamic atmosphere and good wait staff didn’t make up for the lousy food. Asian brisket ribs charred and inedible. Fried crab wontons were mostly over cooked dough. Asian lettuce wrap with chicken in hoisin sauce was unappetizing. I would go just for drinks - good crowd vibe and large crowd at the bar.

1  Thank EatPrayWrite
Reviewed March 12, 2018

I love their appetizer selection. We tried a bunch of Apps and they were all so good. We especially liked the Brussel sprouts with duck bacon. My husband who hates all veggies and is a meat and potato kind of eater even loved them/ This is our favorite hang out in Phoenixville now due to appetizer selection and the beer selection. Both are great.