“Baba Ganoush!”

Ranked #13 of 116 Restaurants in Phoenixville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2015 via mobile

My second time here, and the food was spectacular. I could tell right away that this food was hand crafted by a skilled craftsman. When I eat food like this I always ask to see the chef, so I can thank him. I met the owner and chef, Abraham, great guy very humble and hard working.
I do love American bistro, but always like to stray off the path and try something authentic and new, Sage is a great addition to the many good restaurants in Phoenixville. Great place!

1  Thank Ironmon2

Reviewed April 22, 2015

This is a newer restaurant in Phoenixville. All 4 of us had great meals; scallops, lamb chops, bass and talipia. A nice caesar style salad also came withe the meal. The service was great. Two waiters working in tandem. It is also a byob so that is an added bonus. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank jojoruss
Reviewed April 2, 2015

This is a relatively new restaurant in downtown Phoenixville. Good variety on the menu, wait staff very friendly, clean place. We ate lunch there, not ezpensive. Serves lunch and dinner. There's another room that opens up when they get lots of people.

1  Thank Rosielikestotravel
Reviewed January 17, 2015

Four of us dined on a Friday evening. The service was friendly, but a little too attentive & at times hovering. The food was good, everything appeared & tasted like it was "made to order" no frozen/reheated commercially prepared stuff. The portions are unnecessarily huge. The menu is also HUGE and there were additional specials. I see the potential for a really great place here...maybe they are trying to do too much of everything & they weren't quite "there". I would go again, & I hope that you will try them too.
We ordered a hummus platter for a shared appetizer (plenty for 4 of us). The hummus was excellent & our waitress quickly refilled our pita when we had depleted it. Our entrees were slow to arrive, the kitchen sent out a round of caesar salads in apology for the wait although we had not complained about it.
I tasted everyone's entree and found all to be quite good. The menu features mostly Italian fare, but there were a few "Mediterranean" offerings which is what I came for. Our entrees were served along with a platter of grilled mixed vegetables "family style for the table" which was one of my favorites. My husband ordered the "mixed combo" which had a nice selection of Mediterranean bites all of which were pretty good. My eldest daughter ordered the chicken special of two chicken breasts stuffed with asparagus & goat cheese in a mango sauce. She loved it & I thought the mango sauce tasted fresh with lots of mango flavor, it most definitely did not come out of a jar. My youngest daughter ordered chicken parmesan which was so huge we all laughed. Again, no frozen breaded chicken cutlets here, the chicken was nicely breaded, golden brown with the right amount of marinara & cheese. An entreer-sized "side" of linguine came with her order. I ordered chicken taouk. A kebab of chicken that was marinated in yogurt & served with a disappointing tabouleh, hummus, and a relish of olives, roasted peppers & capers. My kebab was tasty, but would have benefitted from some sort of sauce to go with it...luckily my husband's entree included a tahini sauce that fit the bill.
We were too full for dessert!

1  Thank sandy m
Reviewed December 20, 2014

Went on date night to this BYOB. The restaurant is split in 2 sides divided by a wall. We had an 8:00 pm reservation and were immediately offered a table on the side away from the enterance. There were several large groups there and it was extremely loud so we asked if we could sit on the first side. We were immediately accommodated.

Although this restaurant claims to be Mediterranean cuisine, no less than have of the special menu were billed as "cajun".

For appetizers we ordered the grilled calamari and the mussels in red sauce. grilled calamari was a surprise: I expected grilled in olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper - these were not. I am not sure what the were marinated in but they were very flavorful and bright. There was some heat to them (spicy heat). The mussels were in a thick marinara type sauce. My wife found it spicy too but I did not. Both were very good.

The bread was still frozen in the middle. It did defrost as we ate.

Our server was excellent. She felt that our main dish was taking too long so she comped us two "Cesar" salads. While we appreciated the gesture, these were not Cesar salads - they were romaine lettuce cover with olive oil, salt, pepper, and tons of parmesan cheese (tasted boxed). No anchovy, no garlic. I would not order this salad.

I ordered the grouper for dinner. The plate came out with no less than 15 fingerling potatoes cut in half or quartered depending on sides. Some were terribly under-cooked. The entire plate was covered with a sauce that tasted like watered down thousand island dressing and there was like a cup of it on the plate. I ate a piece of the fish and left the plate as inedible.

My wife order the chicken kabbobs with tabbouleh. Although she thought the chicken was okay, I found it over-cooked. That plate came with over a pound of the tabbouleh. And it came with a side of steamed vegetables. We doggie bagged a kabbob and the steamed vegatables, leaving the tabbouleh.

For desert we ordered coffee and baklava. The coffee was burnt. The baklava was overpowered by the cinnamon and clove flavors (clove in baklava?).

I really had high hopes for this place, but I do not expect to go back. It needs to find its identity and then do it right. Cajun is not its forte. And quantity does not make up for lack of quality.

2  Thank Winelover2011