“Midweek outing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pub
Reviewed August 10, 2018

When we arrived the large car park was full indicating the popularity of this local tavern. The outside eating area is huge but we decided to eat inside and a very nice hostess took us back through the building to a bar area. The two dishes we picked, crab cakes and crab stuffed flounder, were very good but I think that the selection of sides could be expanded. Not many draft beers which was somewhat of a negative - didn't look at a wine list and so cannot comment on the wine.
I think that one could describe the food as 'typical pub food' which is not a bad thing but I was anticipating something of a slightly higher standard. Price was reasonable for what we had.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I like almost everything on Pineville's menu. However, my go-to is the "Million Dollar Burger." The bacon and the marmalade sauce on top of the most perfectly cooked burger (with short rib meat) is unlike any burger anywhere. The BBQ ribs are excellent, Tuesday lobster night is great, steaks are awesome. The service is very good. I wish the place would get a facelift. While it is an old country inn place that is typical of Bucks county, it appears too dingy. It needs fresh coat of paint and a good cleaning around the windows on the exterior. The outdoor patio is fantastic, weather permitting. I will be back many times.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

Food is good, wait service is excellent. But forcing me to use "complimentary" valet service? We'll never return if we see that set up again. No one drives my car but me and to forbid me to park my own car is just crazy. There were dozens of slots open and the man at the booth refused to allow me to park my own car. It's my property, you have no right to demand control of my property. So, we just won't patronize what is otherwise a lovely dining experience. We'll just turn around and leave any time we see the valet booth set up.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

Decent food, but the menu should be more flexible honestly. They don't let you substitute anything. I asked if I could get a side salad instead of broccoli and the server practically snapped my head off with her "NO!" Not everyone likes broccoli. Not everyone wants coleslaw either or creamed spinach...and apple sauce is not a vegetable. These are terrible "vegetable" options. I don't know why they insist on listing apple sauce as a vegetable either. Why not have a side salad up charge option or something simple in summer like corn or squash medley. Nope. Eat your broccoli and like it, otherwise eat your apple sauce veggie. The server was just not nice about it, so the review is not nice about it. She also seemed rough around the edges. I was under the impression this was a nicer restaurant, but I didn't leave thinking that. I loved the building, but it spider webby by our table. Our dinners were good, but she boxed our food for us and smashed the leftover bread inside my container on top of my steak...I took it out at home and it was mush and sucked up the juice from my steak. What is wrong with that server? I was never once rude to her even though she shouldn't work with the public. Also, any impressions I had of the ambiance soon left when the family with the screaming baby arrived...I have nothing against babies...but if they're screaming take them outside so people can enjoy their meals. Don't just let them scream their heads off. I'm sure the staff wasn't thrilled about it either. So, way too expensive for what you get...I think one visit was enough for us...been there done that. Plenty of other places to try.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

We have lived 2 minutes from Pineville for 10 years and originally would be there or order from there twice a month. Now we’re down to maybe 4 times a year! The quality and attention to detail have taken a downturn, sad to say. Order in restaurant and the entree comes with bread and salad. Order online and it’s the entree. Period. Multiple times they have screwed up the order. We used to love Pineville but we’re done. Sorry, Drew