All reviews steelhead the concierge lounge across the street duquesne university penguins game platinum member hockey arena parking garage front desk staff hotel bar hotel room business trip sized bed self park fitness center shuttle service king room
Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

Had a king room on 19th floor. Decent views of downtown. Room has a desk. Tv is on the small side. No usb charging ports. Room is slightly larger than other marriotts I have stayed in. Food in lobby restaurant is decent. Hard to walk to center of downtown from here. If you have business in center of downtown try the Renaissance.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
AmyJo J, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Hello James W!
Thank you for letting us know about your experience here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am happy to hear that your stay was a good one. I hope that you will be back with us soon. Have a really great day!

Reviewed January 3, 2018

We stayed here for the NYE Steelers' game. The shuttle bus was working until 11 AM or so, but by the time we came down to take it, we could not get straight answer from a bell man whether it was coming. We took Uber and made it to the stadium. We walked back - this is why the title of this review. It took like 40 minutes - if this Marriott was where Renaissance was and weather was better...
The front desk staff and ladies at the bar could not have been nicer. They kept my rating at 3.
Whilst we were at this hotel, phones (internal and outward/inward) were not working. What would have happened if any emergency had occurred! The Elite lounge was manned by one man who kept on counting his tips in front of us in the evening. The same lounge was manned by another man for breakfast who was pleasant.
There were 3 elevators/lifts, but at times, we had to wait for a long time. When we needed to get to the game and when we wanted to check out were particularly horrible.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
AmyJo J, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Hello rico_chan, thank you for writing to let us know about your experience this weekend here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with the van and bellman giving you accurate information and I will make sure to pass this comment on to them so we can work out a better way to communicate to our guests about this. I am also sorry about the hotel phones and elevators, this weekend was particularly challenging for some our systems one being the hotel phones. We would never want to have our system go down at in anyway, this situation was not at all planned and nothing we would ever want to happen to our guests. Once the issue started we worked for over 24 hours straight to get everything back up and running. I hope that I can express to you how out of character these issues are for us here at the City Center. Please know that we work very hard everyday to ensure we provide our guests with the best stay possible, I hope that you will come back and see us again so we can show you this. Have a wonderful day and a great New Year!

Reviewed January 1, 2018

My husband works for the company and we frequently stay at various Marriot properties around the country. The Pittsburgh City Center was a pleasant surprise from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. The staff was genuinely warm and accommodating.
The room comfort (bed) was wonderful and only compared to the Marriot in Philadelphia downtown with it's luxurious actress covers, pillows and linens. There was full service starbucks, and a very nice restaurant off of the lobby, and a snack bar. There is a complimentary shuttle that will take you and pick you up anywhere in a 1 mile radius. We went for a wedding and there were a lot of wedding related activities in the downtown area and the shuttle was very convenient and cost saving. You here talk about the NY skyline at night....well you have to see the Pittsburgh skyline at night with its multiple bridges all lit up....AMAZINGLY beautiful

1  Thank jakeemasee
AmyJo J, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Hi jakeemasee!
I am so happy to hear that you had a great time in our beautiful city and that you were able to get out and experience this great little town! I hope that your travels will bring you back to see us soon! Hope your 2018 is amazing!!!

Reviewed January 1, 2018

We stayed here over the weekend when attending a Steelers game. Everything about the hotel met or exceeded our expectations. I gave it 5-stars because there was nothing at all out of order. It's not the Ritz, but we had zero issues or problems over three nights.

Check-in was flawless and quick. The gym is open 24/7. The room was clean, the TV worked, and there are plenty of outlets for charging devices. The climate control worked well. I thought a room near the elevator would be noisy at night. It wasn't. Housekeeping was perfect.

The restaurant/lounge had very reasonable prices and attentive service. We spent Sunday afternoon watching NFL games before the Steelers game. Other than TGIFriday's near the PPG arena, there is NOTHING open in that area. And the TGIFriday's staff had a hard time finding NFL games to show on TV for some reason. So the hotel lounge was a very welcome find.

It's about a 1.5 mile walk to Heinz Field.

There is a 7/11 towards downtown, about 1/8 of a mile away, and DD and Bagel shops not far from that.

Good location, fair pricing, great service, and nice room.

I would definitely stay here again if visiting Pittsburgh.

1  Thank George S

Happy New Year George S.
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your weekend with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center! It is great to have our guests give feed back about their experiences so thank you for getting this information to our future guests. Hopefully you will be back to see the Steelers again soon! Have a wonderful 2018!

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Our room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The city bus line is complimentary for Medicare card carrying seniors and the hotel is walking distance to the city square which has a variety of restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
AmyJo J, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

Thanks for letting us know about your time as a guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am glad that the hotel was comfortable and convenient for you and I hope that you will be back to see us again very soon. Merry Christmas!