US$191
US$149
Courtyard
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$205/night.

US$172
US$156
Doubletree.com
US$152
US$144
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$91
CrownePlaza.com
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$134
US$127
US$210
US$139
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
US$119
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)
US$175
US$161
  • Room Service
US$146
US$142
CambriaHotels
US$99
All reviewsmonk's bargrand hallbenedictine monasteryeuropean style breakfastmax's allegheny tavernfree parkingpnc parknorth sidehard boiled eggscontinental breakfastshuttle servicefresh fruitsitting roomunique hotelthe andy warhol museumchain hotelsacross the river
Reviewed May 10, 2017

Great location in central Pittsburgh but on a quiet street. An old monastery converted to a hotel but retaining all the charm/décor of 100+ years ago. A family owned hotel with attention to detail. Possibly the best continental breakfast we have ever had, with many locally sourced items (more a buffet breakfast than continental). The bed was very comfortable. Convenient free parking across the street. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. A hotel shuttle is available to take you out and pick you up later. Very good value and highly recommended for all those that want accommodation with classic charm.

Room Tip: Rooms are various sizes - some with bay alcoves
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blackadder2016
Reviewed May 1, 2017

Well appointed, upscale feel. Beautiful old building, complete with squeaky floors (no extra charge). Very responsive staff. Parking is a bit unusual, as is the location. But its a very pleasant night. If I return to the downtown area of Pgh, this will be high on my list.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely enchanting place, The Priory Hotel is a nice change of pace from your typical hotel experience. The European breakfast and fitness room were enjoyed during our stay. Also location is within walking distance of downtown.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2017

We were attending a program at the Allegheny Center, so this was a great location for us. I was a little concerned about the location after some of the reviews. As you drive down Pressley St., I was a little dubious- there are a few boarded buildings on the other end of the block and my husband was questioning my choice. HOWEVER, the Priory is at the end of the block and was another story. Let me be clear, this is a safe area but if you don't want to walk, the shuttle is at your service.

Henry (who drives the shuttle and knows everything about the hotel and the town) was at the door. It is a unique and historic property that has been beautifully maintained and renovated with nice amenities (robes, quality coffee, etc). Our room was on the 3rd floor (elevator) with a king bed, and well appointed. I think the bed was a bit big for the room (or vice versa I suppose), but the room was not small, and the bathroom and sink areas are nice and spacious. Other convenient touches: shuttle phone number and schedule, along with the wifi password are printed on the room key itself. (However, the front desk clerk never pointed that out and he seemed a tad grumpy when I asked for the password).

Breakfast (included) was fresh (delicious baked goods from their bakery), and tasty but while I saw breakfast cold meats, I didn't see any hot items. It was exactly as advertised, but in case you were expecting scrambled eggs and bacon, you won't find them. We took the shuttle to dinner (Henry was helpful with suggestions and also quickly came for a pickup in the evening. Once I got my bearings, I was quite comfortable walking in the evening.

It is true that it is 'in the shade of the highway' (see photo view from our room). While I could see the train and the highway, I didn't find it particularly loud or intrusive.

If I needed to be in the area, I would happily stay here. We really enjoyed the character and comfort of the hotel. It was well priced and a very good value.

Room Tip: If there is a view other than the highway, it would be nicer. There are also some brand new rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2017

Staff is very nice. Room was small but clean. Shower is barely large enough to stand in but had good pressure. European breakfast was as advertised; I liked it. Neighborhood wasn't so nice. Didn't feel safe walking. They have a shuttle, which is good. The place isn't far from downtown (across the river), but the shuttle doesn't go to the museums and gardens.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo