US$252
Doubletree.com
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$118
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Greentree(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$103
US$96
Hampton.com
Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$90
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)
US$175
US$114
US$169
US$149
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$201/night.

US$146
US$142
CambriaHotels
US$95
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

All reviewsmonk's bargrand hallbenedictine monasteryeuropean style breakfastmax's allegheny tavernfree parkingpnc parknorth sidehard boiled eggscontinental breakfastshuttle servicefresh fruitsitting roomunique hotelthe andy warhol museumchain hotelsacross the river
Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

As a prelude, Pittsburgh is a really neat city, but for out-of-towners, it's a bit of a nightmare to drive through with detours and bridge repairs and poor lane markers....so when we booked tickets to a Pirates game (hosting my wife's beloved Cubbies) at quaint and beautiful PNC Park, I really wanted something walkable. The big chain hotels jacked their prices on home games (and based on business travel, Pittsburgh has pretty expensive hotel rates anyway). So I booked a room at The Priory. The rate was MUCH lower than Residence Inn or other nearby "stadium hotels." It's just a 6 minute walk. It was admittedly a little sketchy walking back after the game (poorly lit roads under highway overpasses) but it's in a neighborhood that showed a lot of upside potential. The staff was very welcoming. A special shout-out to a friendly guy named Henry. The complimentary breakfast reminded me of German hotels with a variety of cold cuts, bakery goods, and hard-boiled eggs. Very tasty. Room was very nice. The bathroom was a little dated. But this place has an amazing history and the details of the architecture (including the hinges and door hardware and some beuatiful antiques) were fabulous. The courtyard was very charming. Glad we stayed there.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
JohnEGraf, Owner at The Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we'll pass along the shout out to Henry, our shuttle driver!

Reviewed June 11, 2017

Our room was beautiful and comfortable and the staff was so accommodating! Unfortunately we had to leave early in the morning and were not able to enjoy their wonderful breakfasts! Because of the location, one of the staff members took us to a restaurant of our choice, so we didn't have to fight traffic.

Stayed: November 2016

We appreciate your taking the time to post your review. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you back some time!

Reviewed June 8, 2017

In Pittsburgh for one night and chose the Priory because of its history and location. It did not disappoint. We enjoyed the European style and beautiful woodwork. Very clean room and nice continental breakfast. Shuttle service was offered but we chose to walk to and from Heinz Field. Audrey at the front desk was a great help. Would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2017

The hotel was very accommodating to me arriving early. I arrived after 1 am. The neighborhood is desolate and unsafe. The old hotel needs care and updates. The front door was open and no one was at the front desk for a few minutes. A very polite woman Lorinda finally arrived and checked me in. She did request a credit card to charge an additional $50 for incidentals even though the hotel details indicates these additional charges are assessed upon checkout.

As I entered my room, I noticed a pungent smell. The carpet has a large white stain and dark stains throughout. The chair also has stains. The mirrors are dusty and the bedsheets were stained. The room lighting is dim but you can see the stains on the covers. The mirrors were dusty as well. I did not enter any further. I called Expedia and explained how I found the room.

I went down within 10 minutes and told Lorinda of the conditions of the room. I did not want to stay there. Because there was not a manager there that night, she could not process my refund but both she and the Expedia agent said it would be taken care of in the morning. I had to book my 3 night stay at another hotel.

Tuesday, I had to call again to request the refund. The manager Amy stated she did not have any details and refused to grant the refund. After several attempts, she agreed to refund only one night though I never stayed there. I still have not received my refund for the $50 for incidentals.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank ncampoverde2017

First, please accept my apologies that you had a less than excellent experience at the Priory Hotel. We aim to ensure that each guest experience is restful and relaxing, and I am sorry that this did not occur in your case. Addressing a few of the issues you raise, first readers of this review need to realize that when a guest books a guest room with Expedia or Hotels.com, the transaction is between the guest and Expedia. We do not receive payment from Expedia or Hotels until after the stay is complete. Thus, the decision to refund or not refund a payment lies solely with Expedia/Hotels, not us or any other hotel. With regard to the incidentals, there is no "charge" to a guest's card. There is a "hold" for $50 on the card, but that automatically disappears after a few days. Turning to the issue of this reviewer's comments regarding guest room quality, we were unable to confirm the issues you described, and your assessment runs counter to the vast majority of guests who stay with us. We take pride in the quality of our housekeeping and amenities, and we believe this is reflected in our reviews. Last, with regard to our neighborhood, Historic Deutschtown, most guests find it charming and authentic. It is by no means "desolate" or "unsafe." I would note - if you are looking to stay in a vibrant, historic and diverse neighborhood, we are a good choice. If you are looking to stay in a place where everyone thinks, talks and looks like you, we are not.

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding. It a wonderful place to stay. We have stayed here before for our anniversary but this is the first time we were in the great hall. It a beautiful hall and a great place to have a wedding. The breakfast in the morning was delicious. Will stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017