“Tambellini”
Review of Joseph Tambellini

Joseph Tambellini
Reserve with OpenTable
Joseph Tambellini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 2,429 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Mellon Street
Transit: Bus stop directly in front, for routes: 71A Highland Park
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Our friends invited us to a beautiful meal at Tambellini. He special ordered the steak and two fishes ... bass n flounder for us with mash potatoes n sautéed summer vegetables. The steak was tender n juicy. Both fishes were fresh n delicious. We finish with strawberry cheese cake, tiramisu n yellow cake top with ice cream n candied pecan. What a finish! I love this restaurant.See the attached picture

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Eveliney2016

Reviewed August 18, 2017

I visited Joseph Tambellini's for the first time one night last week. What a wonderful experience! The food was awesome. The cocktails and appetizers were extraordinary. Our filet mignon was the best I've ever tasted! The desserts were amazing. Our server was Dan, and he did a fine job. I loved the atmosphere and the look of the restaurant. My husband and I dine out quite often. I don't know why we never tried this place before. We loved everything about it, and have been telling our friends and family about it. I can't wait until we go back!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 13, 2017

i grew up in pgh. lived there for 25 years. we always went to Tambellini's downtown. we were in town visiting (travelled from CA + NH) after many years of being away. the restaurant was able to accommodate our same day reservation for a part of 9 in their private dining room. plus we got the best service from Chad. he was awesome!!!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed June 27, 2017

The food, service and atmosphere are impeccable. We had specials of soft shell crabs and Chilean sea bass and from the menu, veal romano. Everything was perfectly prepared and delicious. The owner was very visible and friendly, too, which added to the warm feeling.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 5, 2017

I recently celebrated my sister's birthday at this restaurant. Upon my recommendation I brought my 3 sisters,daughter, and daughter in law to celebrate a very special sister ( cancer survivor ). I was so disappointed in our dinners & a little embarrassed. My sister's soup & pasta sides were cold, the chicken & veal dishes were tough & lacked flavor. It was a very expensive and less than satisfying evening. It was very upsetting & the waiter was so busy he did not even ask if everything was ok. I would cross this restaurant off my list.

Date of visit: May 2017