“Great polenta, pasta and service!”
Review of Stagioni

Stagioni
Reserve with OpenTable
Stagioni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 2,305 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside Flats
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

I searched and searched for the right Italian restaurant to visit on our weekend trip to Pittsburgh and very glad that we made the choice to come to Stagioni. We prefer small-owned restaurants because they tend to have much better quality of food and more service-oriented. Stagioni excelled on both fronts. Boyfriend had the beans and greens to start, he had polenta with grilled octopus and I had polenta with grilled asparagus. Unbelievably creamy delicious . For the entree, I had the cavatelli and boyfriend had tagliatelle. Both were fantastic- not overly-sauced, which is a complaint we often have about restaurants. The panna cota dessert finished everything off nicely. Our server, Julie (?) was very hospitable. We definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an authentic dinner.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

I went here with a couple of friends who are very picky and the evening was not a great success. The menu, while interesting, is fairly limited. I had a great pizza but my vegetarian friends were not impressed by the pastas they chose. The hit of the evening was the brussel sprout salad. Desserts are huge.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

The food was excellent and the staff was polite and knowledgeable on the menu. I was looking over the reviews and it was good to see the majority are 5's also. I get upset when I see a bad review with people saying the place was packed, service was slow. This restaurant is in an old 120 yr (or older) house and the ambiance is fantastic. If you want a quick meal, get take out from some chain where the food is actually made at a Nestle plant in Ohio and frozen. Great food takes time to prepare.

3  Thank Pittony
Reviewed March 21, 2017

4 of us enjoyed an excellent multi small plates dinner. Everything, including the service, was exceptional. The dates are particularly good as well as the pasta dishes. Among the four of us we probably shared almost 25% of the items on the menu. Nothing disappointed and a lot was memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

Multi-course meal with some guidance. The mozzarella was delicious and even better when paired with warm Sicilian olives. Polenta was spot-on in temperature and consistency and mushrooms were flavorful. Pici and hanger steak entrees were delicious.
I can't say enough positive about Brian, our host. He was much more than a waiter and added considerably to the experience. He also mixes cocktails exceptionally well.

1  Thank mbcmr