“Best pizza in Pittsburgh & don’t forget the gelato ”
Review of Mercurio's

Mercurio's
Ranked #88 of 2,429 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

This is a small restaurant on a busy Walnut St in the heart of Shadyside. Their pizza is a real Italian, thin crust pizza with fresh meats & cheeses. The pizza is cooked in a real wood-fired oven. If you’re looking for a thick crust forget & order from Dominos. This is the real deal. The pizza alone is worth a special trip. However, you have to try any of their salads or antipasto stock get the real flavor. For dessert, walk up to the gelato & make your choice. Lastly, don’t forget a good draft beer, say Perroni, straight from Italy. Oh, and the price—very inexpensive.

Only downside is that their staff can be a bit uneven but they’re all very earnest.

But this place is truly worth 5 stars.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Good pizza. Not amazing, but definitely good pizza in Pittsburgh. It is typically very busy so be prepared to wait in line.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Loved this place for its true Italian, crisp crust pizza and creamy gelato. The service was great for a family of 5. I had the Pizza Del Re with truffle spread and mushrooms and it was perfect. Light, crispy, cheesy and salty. I took the leftovers home and ate them cold for breakfast with the refrigerator door wide open. I also got the straciatella gelato Nd could have the entire bucket. I didn’t give five stars bc the line for the gelato wraps past the tables and it’s difficult to navigate. We also were seated next to the side door, and folks banged in and out all night. The server brought us the gelato so we didn’t have to wait in line. When I return to Pittsburgh in a couple months, this will be my first stop.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Went here on a double date and had a great time. The pizza dough was cooked perfectly and the ingredients were incredibly fresh and tasty. We also got gelatos and while they were more sugary than typical italian gelatos, they were still tasty. Great hole in the wall italian restaraunt.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

We were there with a large group for dinner and gelato. My daughter and I split a margherita pizza. It was easily large enough for two - although others in our group ate whole ones by themselves. The pizza was okay - a little soggy in the middle but the crust was very good. They have oodles if flavors of gelato - I had the dulce de leche and it was awesome. I would go back again for the gelato but not for the pizza.