“Fish that have already been cooked have no further need to swim...”
Review of Misaki - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Misaki
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed December 5, 2015

or so I thought, until I went here & saw the broiled salmon immersed in a pool of melted butter/margarine/grease. I like salmon very much but this looked un-appetizing & tasted worse. I still had that greasy taste in my mouth the next morning & the salmon flavor was un-recognizable. Otherwise, it was generally all right, but not worth going out-of-the-way for. There was some sushi, which I didn't try, some raw shrimp & oysters, which were fine & a bunch of other asian & american items, including roast beef (also didn't try). The other asian items I had were decent enough. I also had some stir-fry, which was the best part of my meal - there was a good selection of meats/fish, rice & noodles, but a small vegetable selection. I took mushrooms & broccoli, then went to their salad area and got some tomatoes, green peppers & purple onion. Between the two stations, it made for a good plate.

Desserts were passable - some fresh fruit, pastries & ice cream in dixie cups, reminded me of a toddler's birthday party. A re-fillable soft drink was $1.99. The staff was fine at clearing empty dishes + re-filling drinks. The room itself was dated & not very inviting. There was a bar area for those interested. And for a place in the city - there's a very large parking lot that's free. Dinner, drink, tax & tip was about $17.50. I'll likely not return.

Reviewed September 13, 2015

This place was taken over by the people that owned Yu's old town buffet near Century 3 mall. We were initially excited when we came across it on our way home from the airport because we were disappointed to have lost them to such a further out location. The new space is much larger and offers even a larger variety than they did before....HOWEVER, unfortunately the quality of the food did not remain the same. What a shame. They were one of the best around and now it's all old, tasteless, overcooked crappy food. Won't be returning again, the location and now the quality of the food ensured that we won't continue on as customers.

1  Thank Kelly F
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My family and I had been to Misaki last year and we were underwhelmed with the quality and taste of the food. I think I even remarked that the food seemed to be prepared by outer space aliens that were trying to approximate earth food but could not quite get it right.

Well, the worst problem last time, the Sushi offerings, were much better tasting than before and the other entrees were also good, but no better or worse than the average Chinese Buffet. Since I mostly enjoy the Sushi, that improvement was very much appreciated.

I would recommend Misaki now, I could not on my previous visit.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have been there twice now, and the first time was just ehhhhhh....so I gave it another chance a couple months later. Still ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Everything tastes the same to me. There seems to be quite an extensive variety with about 4 long rows of options. But, unless you really like sushi, its all about the same.
Service is really good, and everyone is really pleasant.
They have a hibachi setup, but I in the two times I was there I never seen anyone there to cook anything for you.
Lots of seafood options.....but nothing that stands out. For the price, I guess it just makes it average.
I would go back, but just because there is nothing else like it around, and I know what to expect.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Last night we wanted to try something new, and for our love of crab legs we decided to try Misaki.

The overall experience itself wasn't bad, the dining room is a large open area with a bunch of tables and booths, they have a separate seating area for Hibachi, and even an average bar space with a large t.v. I was caught off guard when I realized a fire place was going, you don't see too many of those at the majority of buffets, and it was perfect for the chilly night.

The buffet station set up is quick nice, there's 4-5 separate stations with what looks like a decent array of items, you could choose anything from: pizza, salads, fish, seafood, and sushi. Everything looked so delicious but don't let that fool you, as I was highly disappointed with the slightly warm food temperatures and the lack of flavor. The salmon was dry, and being the general tsos was barely warm, it was a bit on the harder side. The only thing I seemed to enjoy were the stuffed mushrooms, but at $21.75 a person, I don't consider that a very good value.

There was almost a full station full of fruits, desserts; cookies, ice cream, puddings, and a chocolate fountain.

On a positive note, the staff is very attentive and friendly, your drinks stay full, and the dirty dishes are taken almost immediately.

All that being said, I think we're going to stick with what we know and continue to keep our crab cravings at Hokkaido.