“Great Lunch Bento Box”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Neighbourhood: Shadyside
Reviewed December 28, 2015

Sushi too is one of my regular favorites, I have been coming here since I was a child. I usually go to the area for a light lunch and shopping, and luckily sushi too is great for a light lunch. They have a decent lunch menu, which offers a variety of bento box options. My favorite is the teriyaki chicken with the tempura. I also love their sushi.

They could improve on their service, you usually have to ask for a refill, and sometimes your kitchen order does come out incorrectly.

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank Jennifer S

Reviewed November 22, 2015 via mobile

Excellent Miso soup
Gyoza was a good appetizer
Sushi specialty Tri Color was fresh and very tasty. I would ask for sauce on the side next time though.

What's great about this place is that everything is literally made fresh in front of you. Genuine Japanese taste and feel to the place. Great care taken by the sushi chef who seems to enjoy his job and puts an effort to any order made.

Hands down best sushi place for the price in Pittsburgh to date.

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank paokhab
Reviewed January 24, 2015

I stopped for a quick lunch. I got one of their special rolls, which was large and very good. That's what I would recommend to get there, or maybe the soups that also seem to be their specialties. I also got some salmon nigiri that were ok but not that great. To my taste the rice was too compact, the fish not thick enough and I also did not enjoy the way the fish had been cut in comparison to other sushi-ya.

I was quite put off by the fact that my table was dirty and sticky in some places. Also, my plate was not 100% clean (it had dishwasher stains). I had green tea, which was pretty good, however the teapot also was not clean and as a result my tea was greasy. That said it was free, so I could not complain.

Service was not very good. I waited when coming into the restaurant because there was no one at the counter, then waited again for someone to finally notice me when I wanted to get my check. One of them caught my eye several times but could not be bothered to ask if I needed anything. They have a coat rack but nobody tells you about it and you have to hang your coat yourself. There seems to be spaces to sit at the sushi bar, but they are not offered to the customers. They however give you water without having to ask.

I would not come back.

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed December 20, 2014

We stopped here while shopping in the area because we wanted a semi-quick dinner and sushi sounded good. The service was quick and friendly, and the food tasted good, but both of us got stomach-sick within an hour of leaving, and we hadn't consumed anything else to have caused the indigestion. I got a spicy tuna roll and I think my husband got the yellow-tail roll. It WAS quick and convenient as far as serving time and eating were concerned, but having both gotten indigestion soon afterward means we're not likely to return and risk that again.

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed December 16, 2014

Located right on Walnut Street, this place is easy to pop into for lunch or a quick dinner. I lived on Walnut Street and frequented this place, but now I come back when I shop. The sushi is above average, but it is very affordable.

Date of visit: November 2014