“Friday Night Dinner”

Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fox Chapel
Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

In town for Pirates game.... have driven past dozens of times and always remember commenting on how busy is was, so decided to give a try. Will definitely b back! Very professional wait staff, watched one gentleman change white linen table cloth four times before he was satisfied w/ the way it looked. Rainbow sushi roll was very good, very fresh and well presented. Would recommend to anyone looking for good Chinese food.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed February 8, 2018

Tai Pei is a sweet little eatery with a wonderful waitstaff. They go out of their way to provide you with a delicious meal. Always more than enough...I usually have two meals from one order. The prices are fair. I've never had a negative experience when visiting Tai Pei.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

My favorite place for Chinese food. They have a lot of menu options and great service. Even options for vegetarians.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed January 7, 2018

Our 2nd time here and I wasn't impressed. I ordered the sashimi dinner platter with miso soup again. I wasn't crazy about the snapper the first time around because it was the only fish in that platter that wasn't melt-in-your-mouth but it was ok (just the way that particular fish was). However, this time the snapper tasted a tad fishy (a 2 in a scale of 1-10). As for hubby's sushi platter, I should have paid more attention when he was ordering (my bad). We liked the nigiri selections but too many California rolls didn't do anything for us. Two would have been plenty enough and the rest should have been some other uramaki. Service was very good as usual.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed November 30, 2017

My husband & I both ordered the sashimi platter with miso soup. We were impressed with the delightful presentation. The quality of the fish was impeccable. Truly melt-in-your-mouth goodness. Service was outstanding. The only "negative" for us was one platter was good enough for both of us. Next time, we'll just order one and something else.

Date of visit: November 2017