“Great food, lovely setting, uneven service.”
Review of Lucca Ristorante

Lucca Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucca Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 2,427 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North Oakland
Reviewed July 8, 2018

I've been to this restaurant for dinner twice in the last 3 weeks. Ordered the same thing both times (cause I loved it) - the Caesar Salad w/ a poached egg! and their version of spaghetti and meatballs. I believe it was bucatini noodles made in house. The meatballs were fabulous along with the sauce and finished with some fresh mozzarella.

However we had some odd service issues both times. The first time we had a very long wait between the salad and entree. Multiple people kept checking our table and it was explained that the order was entered "incorrectly" and they had to remake it. Our server seemed to disappear for a long period of time also. This most recent trip, our server inexplicably left without explanation and someone else took over the table. The bill was wrong - they had missed listing a glass of wine that was ordered. Being honest, I pointed it out to the new server who was very grateful and they added in the additional $12.

This is a "nice" restaurant with higher end food options. However, although the actual meal was fantastic I could not give them the highest rating because service should ALWAYS match the quality of your product.

2  Thank susanPittsburgh_PA

Reviewed June 19, 2018

We ate here based on other reviews and were not disappointed. We all enjoyed our meals and the service was warm, personable and friendly.

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

If you are staying near Carnegie or Pitt, you can easily walk. They have an outdoor patio for nicer weather. The service was good. They have a large wine list, but limited beer selection. The entrees were all good
from pasta, risotto, and meat dishes. Dessert was disappointing. The lava cake was microwaved, you could tell by the texture and the distinct egg taste. I would eat here again, but skip dessert.

1  Thank DKMommy
Reviewed March 29, 2018

I came back to Lucca, this time with my wife. (Before was with an Italian friend at lunch.) Overall the experience was good, but the restaurant needs some work. Our greeter was at the bar when we came in, but when she noticed us (late afternoon), she was charming and professional. Our server tried to be good and WAS attentive, also knew all the specials. The waitstaff if trained to recite the dishes in a style that is common, but awkward. Not his fault. Bread was yummy and oil very good. Butter offered but not needed. My cocktail was more expensive than I am used to. I will not specify the bourbon next time. Wine by the glass was reasonable. Salad (split and more than enough) was good but dry. We could have added some oil. Better too dry than too wet. The one major disappointment was that our pasta was not hot. In a good Italian restaurant I am used to being served pasta that is too hot to eat. I do not know how they do it. This pasta was lukewarm. The "sauce" was very good and I would order the dish again. All in all, the bill was reasonable, due mainly to the reasonable price of the pasta dishes. So, with normal bar liquor and HOT pasta, the experience would be substantially better. We will be back. BTW, the clientele seemed very nice. Not too loud but enjoying themselves. .

Reviewed March 22, 2018

We have been here many times over the years , we are excited that they now have a menu that featured pasta made on the premises , plus other goodies and a fine wine list . The service is always nice , but the manager ( from Nepal ) of ten years has left ( he was very good ). . The menu is simple ,meat , fish dishes , plus eight pasta to pick , all home made on the premises. . We enjoyed the Frutti de mare (29 most expensive pasta ) creamy with a twist of spice. , , lamb Bolognese lumache with veggie very tasty and wholesome. Can wait to try the rissoto, alla chiarri etc. A Gem in the city