“Excellent Experience”

Friendship Suites
Pensacola, Florida
“Excellent Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Very nice place to stay. Safe area and lots of interesting things going on. Very close to a Whole Foods Market, Starbucks and anything else you might be interested in. Excellent management. Highly recommend. I would have given it a 5, but the heat was set too high and control was not accessible to each room to customize temperature.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Pecs, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I was happy to find a place to stay close to the University Medical Campus for a reasonable price, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was very comfortable, well-furnished and well-maintained. The friendly service and accessibility of the owner made it a great experience to stay here, and I would definitely stay here again. Dr. Alex

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank dr a
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

My family and I enjoyed a great stay at the Friendship Suites in Pittsburgh last weekend. Mr. Cox was extremely helpful and flexible. Our travel plans were somewhat complicated, and he accomodated my husband arriving a night early (quite late at night) at the last minute. Moreover, he gave us complimentary upgrades on both rooms to suites. The location is great too, with restaurants (including vegan) and craft beer breweries within walking distance. Carnegie Mellon is only 2 miles away. I highly recommend the Friendship Suites!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DrPiggy
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment and enjoyed our stay throughout the week. It was clean,spacious with nice decor inside and very comfortable. We enjoyed shopping for grocery at the nearby Giant Eagle and Whole Foods and cooking our meals in the apartment.
The price is reasonable and definitely value for money when compared to a room at the hotels.
We will stay at the Friendship Suites again whenever we visit my son who is studying in CMU .

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kiah-Lee
Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We needed to visit our daughter for a couple of days to help her move into a smaller apartment which didn't have room in it for us to spend the night. I found the Friendship Suites and couldn't have been more pleased. The location was ideal for us, just a few blocks from our daughter's, grocery store, etc. The accommodations were clean, comfortable, quiet, and attractive. Having the little kitchen was a godsend and saved us quite a bit because we had no need for restaurants. We will definitely take advantage of this resource for as long as our daughter is in graduate school in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BitofBeauty
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I was a graduate student in Carnegie Mellon University(CMU). After the graduation, I had to stay Pittsburgh for one month. My friends recommended me Shadyside Inn; however, I found and chose Friendship Suites based on three main reasons.
First reason is the affordable price. Shadyside Inn offered discount price for students in CMU; however, it was 15% expensive than that of Friendship Suites at that time. Second reason is cleanliness of the room and the building. Final reason is the harmonized interior and equipments. I was satisfied with a room.
I strongly recommend Friendship Suites. If you stay, you will find out why Friendship Suites has high rating.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Kokichi U
Albuquerque
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

My son is a student at CMU and we returned early to Pittsburgh, right after Christmas, so he could attend to some personal matters prior to school starting. Since we had close to two weeks, I was looking for something larger than a hotel room. I found the Friendship Suites and we booked the 2 br apartment. It exceeded our expectations and was, without a doubt, the warm and inviting home away from home we were hoping to find! It is beautifully furnished and updated, yet retains a characteristic charm. I ended up needing to leave a little early and the owner, Robert Cox, and his staff made me feel really comfortable leaving my son there alone until he could return to his dorm room. (I was certain he would lock himself out of the apartment at some point, most likely late at night!) To top things off, my son ended up able to move back to the dorms earlier than expected and Mr. Cox returned our payment for the unused nights!! Wow, we were challenging guests and he promptly and kindly put up with us. Mr. Cox is a great business owner, customer friendly and offers a wonderful product worth every penny you will pay. We will definitely stay at Friendship Suites whenever we are in Pitt. whether for just a weekend or for a longer stay!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family