“Get the Grillled Cheese!”
Review of Cappy's Cafe

Cappy's Cafe
Ranked #579 of 2,428 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Shadyside
Neighbourhood: Shadyside
Reviewed September 3, 2018

Cappy's is my "Cheers." A good local hangout with decent food and drinks. Just the other day, I got a grilled cheese on rye - American cheese, ham, and tomato. It was fabulous, probably the best grilled cheese I ever had in Pittsburgh.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed May 13, 2018

We stopped at Cappy’s for a quick Sunday night dinner. Food is good and service is excellent. People is really friendly. We had a really nice and relax dinner.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed November 14, 2017

good place to drink if one has money, weekends at night it is simply a butt-h*le to elbow bar, pick up joint, and bourgeoisie clique place.

watch and be careful in this "hood" it can be for anyone, a nice walk to the car home etc and/or uh oh wrong place wrong time, so going solo is NOT recommended.

my suggestion is check it out during the week, mid day, late day, after work, to get a better feel of this place and the neighborhood it is located

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 15, 2017

I often visited Cappy's when I used to live in Shadyside. Good drinks and pizza in a nice, small bar.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed May 26, 2017

Was late and all we wanted was a couple drinks. Cappy's had empty tables so it was a good spot for us to chat while we had a few.

Date of visit: April 2017