“KICKED OUT FOR NO REASON”
Review of Mario's

Mario's
Ranked #522 of 2,290 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Neighbourhood: Southside Flats
Neighbourhood: Southside Flats
Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

Bouncer who called himself "Jim" accused me of using a fake ID. (I turned 25 last week, my girlfriend surprised with tickets to a game at Heinz) this Jim guy pulled a knife on me trying to intimidate me into confessing it was fake? Not sure what his motive was but it happened. He told me his manager wasn't there, he lied. I went and found him and before could explain myself this Asian guy "Jim" came up telling his manager I tried to fight him! THIS OPERATION IS A JOKE - if you're in your mid 20s better make sure you bring a passport. I have seen several other reviews of similar things happening with an Asian bouncer. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!

1  Thank Ben R

Reviewed May 10, 2017

Loved this place in the 2000s, knew it had changed ownership, but gave it a try. Menu seemed the same, good burgers. Missed all the old magazine covers and mementos on the walls, but still a charming fun bar with good food.

Reviewed February 5, 2017 via mobile

We went to Pittsburgh to bar hop and kept ending up at marios. It was a good time. We were here on a Saturday night and it was packed. There was a shot wheel which was a lot of fun, luckily we ended up on kamikaze's! Because we are from NY it was strange to see people were allowed to smoke inside of the bar but there was 3 or 4 floors you could go up with bars on each one and the top floor was non smoking so we still had a good time

Reviewed November 7, 2016

Went with a friend who frequented here in college.(a few years ago) Totally fun in here. Food was good! Drinks were yummy. Glad we stopped in!

Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

Great local bar! Lot's of beers on tap, friendly staff, tons of charm. Big enough if you want to be quiet but always busy for a fun vibe. Love this place!