SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Had registered for a 2 nite stay, ended only spending one night. Lobby was a total mess, apparently had some time of water pipe problem. It was never explained. THe room was OK, the curtains were dirty and we did see cobwebs in the corners of the room. We usually enjoy the hot tub but the jets were not working and the staff explained that is the way it was supposed to be! Oh and only one elevator was working for 5 floors!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shipofols

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Salem, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

First off, let me say that I got the room for free using points, and as such my expectations might have been a little lower than usual. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality, size and proximity of this hotel. We were concerned upon entering the lobby as there were MAJOR renovations underway. We learned while checking in that this was due to a flood that started on the third floor when someone chose to hang their clothes on the fire sprinkler head. But our room was unaffected. Most of the other essential hotel rooms (breakfast room, pool, etc.) were also unaffected. The only complaint that could possibly be associated with the flood was that only one elevator was working. This caused major backups and had us using the stairs up and down from our 4th floor room during peak times. Not a big deal, but it certainly would have been if I was older or if I had more luggage.

The room was very clean and large with two double beds, a separate sitting area and a kitchen area with countertop, sink, fridge and microwave. We were using the room as a home base for a weekend in Philly and a tour of various restaurants so we did not use these features of the room. We mostly just slept here and showered. On that end the beds were very comfortable and sleeping was no problem. The bathroom situation was a bit frustrating with the sink outside the actual bathroom. I was traveling with friends and typically shave using the sink. So this is annoying as i didn't want to have to get dressed prior to leaving the bathroom to shave. I ended up getting a mirror for the shower.

The hotel's proximity to Philly was pretty good. The road to Philly was slightly traffic-prone, but it only took us about 20 minutes or so to get to Philly. There are many stores and even a Starbucks right around the corner, so you can't ask for more convenience.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay at this hotel again if ever in Philly.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

Let me start by saying if I had paid the published rate for this hotel ($189/night) I would have been dissatisfied. As it happened, I got a ridiculously discounted AAA rate of $98/night, which was a steal.
A quick tip if you have never stayed here before: when your GPS tells you you've arrived at your destination, and you still don't see the hotel, just look up. It sits high on a hill right above the Bank of America branch.
The lobby seems new-ish, and they have a pretty well stocked snack shop. Cookies out in the afternoons. The fitness room has good equipment but is cramped, they've tried to maximize usage of the floor space, but I was a little too close for comfort to the guy on the treadmill next to me.
The rooms were on the old side, carpet shows wear, and to my extreme annoyance, the work desk faced a wall, and had no view of the TV. I did some creative furniture rearranging to solve this problem. The beds and pillows were way too soft for my liking. There was no garbage can in the bathroom (seems like a basic thing to overlook).
The hotel is less than a mile from the Plymouth Meeting mall, which has a host of restaurant choices. There's also a Starbucks a block away.

Room Tip: Better to be away from the elevators - they make a loud double beep when they open and close
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

Springhill Suites Plymouth Meeting was a very nice hotel after a long day on the road. The hotel was clean, had modern conveniences, and a free breakfast (very similar to Residence Inns). The room was small and only had free wired internet, but there was a microwave and refrigerator. At this price, they offer a much better stay than others in the class.

Room Tip: Be a Marriott Rewards member.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the continental breakfast is one of the best we have had. Great stay. The bed was a little on the soft side, but other than that it was spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

My wife and I stayed here twice within a month. Each time, our experience was the same: the staff were excellent; the room was excellent; the complimentary breakfast was excellent; our stays were excellent.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

So I tried to take a break from the Exton area based on my previous reviews. Boy I would have been better off out there to be honest.

When I went into the hotel, I was impressed with the lobby and thought, "Boy did I make a great choice". My excitement ended after check-in. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful upon check-in. This is last good thing I'll say about this hotel.

When I walked in the room I was met by a stale room smell. Anyone that knows hotels knows what I'm talking about. I called down to the front desk and I was told that they were sold out and their were no rooms available. So after further inspection I noticed the coffee pot was never cleaned and I had a mug with lipstick on it.

The room is clearly dated, see the photos. The one bright spot was the TV which was a new LG LCD. So I fired up my laptop hoping to get some work down only to find out they don't have wireless. Now it doesn't say they do on their website but what modern hotel doesn't have wireless. I mean the red roof inn has wirless for a fifth of the price. When I called the front desk to complain she explained that its wired only and its per the owners that there is only wireless in the lobby. The next morning I went down and noticed it was a "managed" property. IE cost above all else. Which brings me to breakfast. The selection wasn't horrible but they were out of a lot of things and the person who was stocking seemed more interested in their smoke breaks.

I came back my second night and was exhausted but was ready to take a dip. I went down to the pool only to see a film on the pool. I don't know if it was cleaned or not but when you see things floating in a pool this can't be a good thing.

The location is excellent with the Mall nearby and numerous dining choices. Unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros and I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth Meeting
0.9 km away
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hote...
#5 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
0.6 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
1.1 km away
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth ...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
1.4 km away
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
#2 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
9.2 km away
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
3.1 km away
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!