“Great Greek food”
Review of Opa Vera's

Opa Vera's
Ranked #10 of 135 Restaurants in Pottstown
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

Our family loves to try different ethnic foods and Opa Vera's did not disappoint! We loved the hummus and fresh warm pita. Smothered Chicken Lemonato, Chicken Parmesan, Tzatziki on Gyro, Lemon Potatoes, mixed Vegetables, Chicken Lemon Rice Soup - all were very good. The Tiramisu was an exceptional ending to a delicious dinner!

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed August 21, 2016

My wife and I stopped here because we heard good things about it. We heard right. How nice to have a place like this in an area that really needs a few different restaurant choices. The owner and staff could not be more pleasant and eager to please. They genuinely care that you enjoy your meal. Nice menu with some excellent choices. I had a beautifully prepared Rack of Lamb that was absolutely delicious and it was the most expensive thing on the menu at $22.99. You would pay much more than that at most places for 3 small chops that weren't near as good. The Baked Cheese Flambé appetizer was incredible. My wife had Chicken Lemonata that was huge, perfectly prepared and according to her wonderful. It's a BYOB but they do offer you a complimentary glass of wine or beer.
Come on people. Give this place a shot. We need a place like this around here. With the Greek, Mediterranean and American menu selections there's something for everyone. Can't wait to try the Gyro's. From the amount of people I saw coming in to pick up for take out I believe quite a few people have already discovered this place. I highly recommend it and sincerely hope it succeeds in a building that seems to have trouble supporting eateries. Just go. You'll be glad you did.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 13, 2016

Stopped in for a late lunch over the weekend and we really enjoyed the food. We each had a traditional gyro, awesome lamb, great flavor and split the small Greek salad, everything was fresh and delicious. Since they are only a few miles from where we live, pretty new to the neighborhood so we are still discovering places, we will definitely be back.... often. Our server was friendly,and helpful, excellent service all around.
Only four stars since it was our first visit. I'll be sure to update with our next visit.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 11, 2016

Opa's is a Greek and Mediterranean specialty restaurant but also makes traditional American cuisine as well. Artie and his family prepare super fresh, super excellent qualities of produce, meat and fish. Only the Best- he says and OMG it is great!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 14, 2016

My parents were visiting last night and we tried Opa Vera's for the first time. The food was delicious, the prices were great, the place was clean and the staff was very friendly. They are a BYOB but offer a complimentary glass of wine or beer with your meal. I will definitely be returning.

Date of visit: June 2016