“Great seafood in a nice setting.”
Review of Estia Taverna

Estia Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Estia Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Radnor
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I joined a friend for dinner at Estia in Radnor. We had dined at the original Center City location a number of years ago, but this was our 1st time at Radnor.
Estia has good buzz and energy, including an active bar scene. We were seated fairly promptly despite the restaurant being full. Water and wine glasses came quickly, followed by our waiter. We had brought our own wine (Estia has a $20 corkage fee - which we were not charged). Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable, describing both the specials and the fish/shellfish items which were priced by the pound. We started with Octopus, Mussels and Tuna Tartare. I thought all 3 were delicious, while my wife found the Octopus to be quite tough. We then ordered entrees and the waiter made sure to tell us up front which items were not available (a big plus in my book). We all ordered the same entrée, Chilean Sea Bass Plaki, which featured a decent amount of fish with vegetables in a very tasty sauce (almost a stew). There were many other menu options that looked appealing.
The bill for 3 was around $55 per person.
We would definitely go back.

Date of visit: October 2015

Reviewed October 17, 2015

Eaten here twice and enjoyed it both times. Had halibut for dinner... Excellent !
Decor is nice and wait staff very helpful. Will return again!

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed September 28, 2015

The food was mediocre at best and the service was horrendous. Most of the staff didn't smile, they didn't ask how you were doing or if you liked the food, and my waitress was beyond rude. I was appaled. I will NEVER go there again. It took forever to get a refill and she kept reaching in front of me. For the price we payed, this is unacceptable. Totally not worth it.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed September 25, 2015

Dined with friends on a Saturday night and although the place was jammed, we never felt rushed. Probably one of the best seafood dinners I've had in a long time. Menu is primarily Greek but they have several seafood dishes and nightly specials. Service was a bit slow but was still efficient. Dining room can get a bit noisy but it's still manageable. All in all, a very nice spot.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed September 20, 2015

Forget moussaka, although they may offer it. Estia Taverna has the finest, lightest, tastiest Greek food I have ever eaten. The cuisine is unlike any other Greek restaurant. Start with the fried calamari; they must use a tempura-style batter to keep it light and un-greasy. The fish is excellent, as is the service. And the decor is decidedly upscale--not at all what you think of when you think "Greek taverna."

Date of visit: August 2015

Been to Estia Taverna? Share your experiences!