Holiday Inn Express Reading
Rodeway Inn(Reading)
US$63
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsreading airportregional airportsmall airportquiet hotelfront desknear airportwould stay here againa lot of noiseair museumcomfortable roombathroom doorstaff was very friendlytwo nightsindoor poolyogurtparking lothies
Reviewed November 16, 2009

We have stayed here for many years and always found the staff and manager very nice and helpful. However, we stayed here recently and found out it now has a new manager and staff. The staff were unfriendly and gave me conflicking stories about things. As there are many newer hotels in the Reading area, we will stay someplace else next time.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2009

I made reservation to this hotel for my husband and son who was just coming home from Iraq. I called the 1-877 number in the afternoon and and the same day when my husband and son arrived they were told the reservation was cancelled and the front desk person did nothing but point fingers to Holidex and claiming they cancelled the reservation not the hotel itself. There it was my husband and my 11 yr old son on the street 1am in the morning and not knowing where to go. Come to find out after I called Holidex back that it shows in their computer that the hotel cancelled the reservation, even shows the time when and who..and as I was told it is even more than possible that the same front desk personel ( who refused to give me his name..but of course I found out his name anyways because unprofessionaly he did not even wear his name tag!!!)who said he did not do it..was the one who cancelled it and did not even bother to call us to let us know..Very dissapointed. Terrible business and because of this hotel I will make sure me and my family and my friends will NEVER stay and do business with this hotel. Too BAD!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank bea1129
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I booked this hotel for a concert at the Sovereign Center in downtown Reading. Rooms were tough to get and we managed to secure this one. Overall, I was quite pleased with this hotel. If its important, the hotel is all non-smoking.

Location: The hotel is located near the grounds of the Reading Airport. If you are looking to be downtown, this is not it. Access is easy from the freeway to get downtown though. I recommend the freeway as the alternative is driving about three miles through some rough neighborhoods.

There aren't any restaurants in walking distance other than a place inside the airport. You can drive to some places nearer the freeway.

The check-in was smooth and easy. We had pre-paid through a travel website and there were no issues. We did get two double beds rather than a king or queen. However, given the concert that filled up all of the hotel rooms and our late booking, that's not the hotel's fault.

Room: Very nice very clean, no obvious deficiencies. I often criticize hotels for neglecting the little things and these folks did not. The free internet is always a plus.

Amenities: I did not need the gym. There is an internet terminal in the lobby which is useful for printing boarding passes or checking email. The hotel has a free breakfast which, while not award winning, is solid. Small omlettes, sausage, oatmeal, baked goodies. Everything you would need to get off to a good start. And with the large crowd that morning, I think the staff did a great job keeping the food coming.

Overall, I was very happy with the stay. If I did have to do something in Reading again, I might still try to find something closer to downtown so that I could walk. But this makes for a very strong, budget alternative.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MR_PHL
Reviewed May 16, 2009

My 1st business visit broke my stereotypes about ever staying at a Holiday Inn Express. Friendly, helpufl, flexible, professional and welcoming were great. I even got my misplaced-in-my-room AAA membership card in the mail back home from their housekeeping staff without ever asking for it. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I prepaid a month in advance, then 5 days after we checked out, I was charged $100.00 for a small label on 2 mirrors. To say I was outraged, doesn't begin to spell it out. I had no idea a hotel could randomly charge, especially since no paperwork was signed by me. I will be back in the area but have no intention of staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple