“Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Petoskey, Michigan
“Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

Lets start by saying this was a great hotel that everyone should stay at. It is in a quiet part of town and not in the bad part of Reading. I got greeted with a smile, which was needed after a long day of traveling. I got a free bottle of water and a gift bag of snacks. Monday-Wednesday they had a manager's reception where each person gets two free drinks (wine/beer) and snacks. What a great treat.
The rooms were clean and I didn't have any noise problems with other guests. The breakfast was delicious and the area was kept clean. I wish I didn't have to leave because it was such a great hotel with amazing amenities.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
silver spring,md
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2009

We have stayed here for many years and always found the staff and manager very nice and helpful. However, we stayed here recently and found out it now has a new manager and staff. The staff were unfriendly and gave me conflicking stories about things. As there are many newer hotels in the Reading area, we will stay someplace else next time.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

I made reservation to this hotel for my husband and son who was just coming home from Iraq. I called the 1-877 number in the afternoon and and the same day when my husband and son arrived they were told the reservation was cancelled and the front desk person did nothing but point fingers to Holidex and claiming they cancelled the reservation not the hotel itself. There it was my husband and my 11 yr old son on the street 1am in the morning and not knowing where to go. Come to find out after I called Holidex back that it shows in their computer that the hotel cancelled the reservation, even shows the time when and who..and as I was told it is even more than possible that the same front desk personel ( who refused to give me his name..but of course I found out his name anyways because unprofessionaly he did not even wear his name tag!!!)who said he did not do it..was the one who cancelled it and did not even bother to call us to let us know..Very dissapointed. Terrible business and because of this hotel I will make sure me and my family and my friends will NEVER stay and do business with this hotel. Too BAD!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank bea1129
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2009

I booked this hotel for a concert at the Sovereign Center in downtown Reading. Rooms were tough to get and we managed to secure this one. Overall, I was quite pleased with this hotel. If its important, the hotel is all non-smoking.

Location: The hotel is located near the grounds of the Reading Airport. If you are looking to be downtown, this is not it. Access is easy from the freeway to get downtown though. I recommend the freeway as the alternative is driving about three miles through some rough neighborhoods.

There aren't any restaurants in walking distance other than a place inside the airport. You can drive to some places nearer the freeway.

The check-in was smooth and easy. We had pre-paid through a travel website and there were no issues. We did get two double beds rather than a king or queen. However, given the concert that filled up all of the hotel rooms and our late booking, that's not the hotel's fault.

Room: Very nice very clean, no obvious deficiencies. I often criticize hotels for neglecting the little things and these folks did not. The free internet is always a plus.

Amenities: I did not need the gym. There is an internet terminal in the lobby which is useful for printing boarding passes or checking email. The hotel has a free breakfast which, while not award winning, is solid. Small omlettes, sausage, oatmeal, baked goodies. Everything you would need to get off to a good start. And with the large crowd that morning, I think the staff did a great job keeping the food coming.

Overall, I was very happy with the stay. If I did have to do something in Reading again, I might still try to find something closer to downtown so that I could walk. But this makes for a very strong, budget alternative.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MR_PHL
Philadelphia, Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2009

My 1st business visit broke my stereotypes about ever staying at a Holiday Inn Express. Friendly, helpufl, flexible, professional and welcoming were great. I even got my misplaced-in-my-room AAA membership card in the mail back home from their housekeeping staff without ever asking for it. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2009

I prepaid a month in advance, then 5 days after we checked out, I was charged $100.00 for a small label on 2 mirrors. To say I was outraged, doesn't begin to spell it out. I had no idea a hotel could randomly charge, especially since no paperwork was signed by me. I will be back in the area but have no intention of staying there again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Warnerville NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2009

For a change on this last trip, I did not use Priceline, but decided to stay at a local hotel recommended by my show promoter. The Holiday Inn Express in Reading proved a very pleasant surprise. Again, because of mixed reviews on Trip Advisor, I paid particular attention to the quality of the stay.

The hotel is easy to find, just off Route 222, next to the (very tiny) Reading Airport. Walking in to the light and airy reception area, we were warmly greeted. Our specific ahead-request (a room next to a friend who was checking in the next day) had been honored, and our check in request for extra towels was filled almost before we got in our room!

The hotel looks like it was just renovated – the fact that it was built in 2001 does not show anywhere. The hotel is immaculate, with none of the typical bangs, bruises and dings a hotel is subject to over the years. The rooms are as bright as the lobby, with comfortable beds and a bathroom with plenty of light (vital for women of a certain age who put on makeup!) The shower water pressure was adequate, not wonderful. And yes, as someone else said, there is a powerful smell of the lemon citrus cleaner they use, which can be unpleasant if you are in its “shadow” for too long.

Breakfast? Plentiful, well cooked and varied, though I agree with a previous reviewer – the coffee was pretty darn wimpy. I would suggest changing either how they make it – or the brand they use.

Check out was as easy as check in.

All in all, a good stay, and worth the money. Recommended.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveling_Psychic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
2.3 km away
2.9 km away
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing

Been to Holiday Inn Express Reading? Share your experiences!