See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 9, 2017

This hotel was the worst we stayed in during five weeks of travel. Neither the TV or refrigerator worked, the shower was moldy and the overall conditions were not good. We usually book ahead, but didn't that night and boy did we pay for that lapse in terms of awful accommodations. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Wilmer K, Manager at Econo Lodge Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I would like to apologize for the experience that you might have had at someone else's hotel. Our hotel has brand new 40in flat screen Tvs and all of our refrigerators are in working order. As for the moldly shower I have not seen that in any of our rooms. Could be you have mistaken this hotel for another Econo Lodge.

I hope that you will consider staying with us at Our ECONO LODGE so that we can have the chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Manager

Reviewed July 14, 2017

My family and I were in town for a sports recruiting camp for one of our children. We needed a pet-friendly hotel as we had our small dog with us. The front desk person informed us that with a pet we would be in a smoking room. This would not work for us because our children have asthma. Not only did the front desk person give us information and direction to another hotel, we spent considerable time talking about our pet and the one he recently lost. He even came outside to meet our dog. He was so helpful and friendly, I felt bad that we couldn't stay there. I would definitely go there on an occasion I would not be traveling with my pet. The only reason I gave it four stars was because I didn't actually stay there.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2017

I honestly prefer to stay in more upscale locations, but my wife wanted a cheap room for two nights when we would barely be in the hotel. We reserved this place for a Friday and Saturday night, probably saving about $100 total over the nearest higher-quality hotel.

My biggest concern is the other clientele that might visit such a site, when I'm traveling with my kids. I don't want to be hearing any junkie whistles at 2AM. Lucky for us, this hotel was quite and reserved on both Friday and Saturday night. I can't complain about the atmosphere or the people, and the front desk was friendly enough.

The room itself was dated and a bit smelly. To be expected I think given the cost. The room was made up by the time we returned Saturday evening, which wasn't the case in our last more-expensive hotel. Not hard to accomplish, but kudos to the staff.

The room had a fridge and a microwave, which is rare these days, but no blow drier, which caused my daughter concern. I was surprised to learn they also offer continental breakfast from 6 to 9. There were plenty of delivery menus at the front desk.

In summary, I would return here for the savings. I might not want to spend a ton of time in the room, but that's not really what road trips are for.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SomeNYCGuy
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

Customer service was rude. Walls were moldy and peeling off...painted over. Carpet dirty along the edge. Frames had been removed I could tell where they were. Pillows were terrible (felt like they were stuffed with cotton balls) and I am NOT usually picky. Moved the night stand...horror.
Toilet had a huge line of mold on the side. Do yourself a favor...do not stay here...wish I could pick 0 star...

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Eve B
Reviewed May 8, 2016

We needed inexpensive lodging for one night to attend an event in the area. After checking the reviews of Reading area motels, the Econolodge Northeast seemed to be our best choice.

The motel itself is right off the highway & the outside was well maintained, with a clean parking lot. We were efficiently & pleasantly checked in & our request for a first floor room was honored. Our king bed room was very basic & clean, with a comfortable bed. A large, flat screen TV was in the room, although we didn't use it during our stay. The shower had good pressure & plenty of hot water. One hotel size bottle of shampoo & two bars of soap were supplied. The room didn't have a hair dryer or coffee maker, but did have a good size fridge & a microwave. We were on the side of the building facing the highway which was rather loud. Ask for a room on the other side if you stay here.

A very basic continental breakfast of cereal, bagels, danish, apples, oj, coffee & tea was offered. The breakfast area was small, but clean and the clerk kept it neat & replenished food as needed. Our check out was fast & friendly. My only concern was that they took a copy of my driver's license at check in. I have no problem providing ID, but I'm not sure why they need a copy after verifying my identity. I asked for the copy back at check out, but the clerk told me she needed it. She allowed me to black out my number & other important info on the copy with a black marker. Other hotels we've stayed at have looked my license, but didn't copy it.

Overall, this was a basic, clean lodging choice at the best price I could find in the area. If staying for a longer period, a few more amenities might be desirable.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple