“Special Night Out”

Uva Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Uva Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Richboro
Price range: US$17 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Almshouse Rd.
Description: Previously known as Il Gattopardo, owner Sal DiNardo had a mission to bring Richboro, Pa. A fresh, new take on upscale Italian cuisine. They have created Uva (meaning Grape in Italian), an entirely new dining experience. With a new chef and partner in the business, DiNardo and Chef Valentino's mission is finally complete. With a beautiful, upscale yet comfortable environment, they will deliver nothing short of a spectacular, delectable dining experience from beginning to end. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed September 7, 2017

We recently enjoyed dinner here with another couple. We ordered Risotto Crab & Shrimp, Lobster Ravioli, Veal Parmigiana and Gnocchi with Veal all in the $22-$27 range. We shared 3 appetizers and we all had dessert. Dinner came to $100 a couple -- pricey for a Friday night dinner out. I would come here again as we all enjoyed our meals, but I would classify this as more of a special occasion restaurant because of the price. Thankfully, it is a BYOB so at least that is a savings. One other reviewer mentioned the owner and his electronic cigarette -- my friend had the same observation. No smoking is no smoking. Another thing, while our waiter was very attentive and quick, but he had a somewhat condescending attitude -- first opining on our screw top bottle of wine and then fairly admonishing my friend when she asked what he recommended as to two entrees. He made it seem as if she were inquiring as to the quality of the food. BUT, all in all, a pleasant evening out.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Overall good restaurant. Nice place to dine with friends. Good service. I just hope they can replace the chef. Great Italian coffee.

Salvatore D, Owner at Uva Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Thank you for the review, Our chef is the main reason we've been the number one choice for thousands of diners in our area. If you would please let me know when you were at UVA and please elaborate as to why I should replace the Chef I would be most interested.

If you had a bad meal 'Which sometimes happens" Please except my apologizes and the next meal is on the house. Feel free to call me directly 215-51-6435

Reviewed September 4, 2017

We were seated promptly on a Friday evening with our reservation. Not crazy about our seat which was near the kitchen, but was able to overlook the constant foot traffic and congestion near our seat, however the owner taking puffs on his electronic cigarette in the restaurant/kitchen area was annoying. No one else in our party had the same view so I chose to ignore it.

We enjoyed the food, soup of the day was $7.00 and salads were $9-$10 each. We enjoyed our meals of Risotto Crab & Shrimp, Lobster Ravioli, Veal Parmigiana and Gnocchi with Veal all in the $22-$27 range. Desserts were $7.50 each, rather overpriced. They were just ok.

We did enjoy our food so we would likely return but not for just a quick Friday night dinner with friends - too pricey for that.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

We recently moved into the neighborhood and went in for a Saturday night dinner with me, my wife, daughter-in-law and granddaughter. When we walked in the place was fairly empty so we were seated immediately. From the decor, we should have realized that the place would be expensive, but we were hungry and thought that being the area is not New York City or Philadelphia we would not be paying the prices we would pay in those cities. I ordered the seafood pasta special, which was described as ravioli stuffed with crab meat and topped with shrimp. The dish came and the ravioli was flat as a board,, I'm not sure if it was even stuffed. There were about 6 raviolis and two shrimp on top and the cost was $27.50. My wife had an artichoke appetizer which she said would not classify as artichoke as it was only the heart. My daughter-in-law had linguine and that was fine except it cost $19.50 and there wasn't that much to warrant that price especially for spaghetti with a fancy name. They don't serve spaghetti we were told. My granddaughter had tortellini tricolor which was enough for her being that she is only four but $22.50 for that? Maybe it was because there was a little chicken on the side.

The service was fine and Mark, our waiter, was pleasant but I do not feel the quality or quantity of the food deserve the high prices that we paid. If I wanted to pay city prices I would go into the city. Just because the town is named Richboro, it doesn't mean everyone is rich.

I would not recommend this restaurant to my friend. Sorry guys but you are not in my price range and the food does not deserve the prices.

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

If you like big city style in the burbs this place is for you. The food is simply delicious. Some of my favorites are the spinach gnocchi with ground veal, veal chop, fish and their lagostinos. Service is excellent and they also have an outside eating area.
Highly recommend!