SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
All reviewsphiladelphia airporttoilet roomfront deskseparate roomsfree breakfastroyal farmspark sleep flyshower areaindoor poolsitting areaswarthmore collegean early flightwafflesshuttle driverdesk areasmall gymrefrigerator and microwave
Reviewed October 26, 2011

My husband and I have to travel to Philly frequently because my son is a patient at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and we can never get into the Ronald McDonald House in Philly. We have stayed here and loved it! The staff is so friendly and very accommodating. The rooms are so spacious and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that has to stay in this area. Special thanks to Janet in sales who is super awesome! Thanks Springhill, we will see you soon :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Christy B
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed at this hotel the night before an early morning flight. The staff was very friendly, offering numerous options and directions for dinner. We had to head to the airport at 4:30 AM, and the staff was ready. We got to the airport in a matter of minutes! The same can be said for our returning flight. We called the hotel and only waited a few minutes for our pick up. Both drivers were very friendly and personable.
The rooms were modern and spacious. We would definitely stay in this hotel again for an earlly morning flight.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We checked in on time got to our room only to find out that we were given double queen instead of the king suite we reserved. We called front desk and they were able to get us into a handicapped king suite right away, which we were fine with.
We checked the room out when we got in and noticed quite a few hairs scattered throughout the sheets and pillow cases and a dried up puddle of pee behind the toilet. GROSS.
Aside from that room was decorated nice and fairly spacious.
We went downstairs to swim but the pool was not only really small but it had wall to wall window leading to parking lot. Not very relaxing! Put up some shades or something!
We went to the entrance to flip through pamphlets to get ideas for LOCAL attractions but they only had information for wildwood and camden nj ... Or basically anywhere but where we were staying. Needless to say we used trip advisor to get around.
The BREAKFAST ...sucks. dry eggs dry sausage and cereal.
The employees were fairly friendly with the exception of some of the housekeeping staff who would not hold the elevator say goodmorning or smile.
The AREA... You are on a noisy industrial highway. About 30 minutes from Philly. So if you are visiting the city choose another place. This hotel is more for people needing someplace close to the airport for a one nighter.
There is a nice casino about 1 mile down the road which was fun. We did not use the hotels shuttle but they do offer it to the casino.
Overall for $175.00 a night this place is NOT worth the $. You can stay in Philly for that price. The only reason we chose this hotel was because it was newer so we bet on a super clean new hotel but there were obvious house cleaning issues... We wanted to like it but its getting a 3 out of 5 stars. Sorry.

• Stayed: October 2011
5  Thank keepop1234
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stayed here overnight to see my son play football at Widener University and was pleasantly surprised. The room was huge with a totally separate seating area to eat and watch TV - plus one bathroom with shower and sink and another bathroom with sink and toilet was very convenient. We traveled with my two boys 14 and 10 and had plenty of space. The room was spotless and so was the lobby and elevators. The beds were extremely comfortable and the pillows were nice and fluffy. My husband and I didn't want to get up in the morning that is how comfortable the beds were. The breakfast was also very good. They had eggs, sausage (very tasty), waffles, yogurts, cereal, muffins, great coffee and fruits. The employees were very friendly and you could tell take pride in the job they do. I would recommend this hotel even to go and visit Philly - very close proximity. Will stay here again very soon!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank amtrak
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have stayed here twice on recent visits to Philly, the first time with my Mom & daughter (for a wedding shower) and again with my husband/daughter. Both times were very good. The hotel is clean and updated. The staff is very friendly & accomodating. Good, well-lit parking (free), close to the airport but not so close you hear the planes. The free breakfast is good and includes pastries, cereal, oatmeal, eggs/sausages, make your own waffles, yogurt, etc. On the first trip my cousin stopped by to meet us in the morning and they offered her free breakfast so we could all eat together.
The suite worked well for my daughter, but it is not a separate room, there is a frosted glass divider between the pull out sofa and the main bedroom. A little more privacy would have been nice, but for 1 night it was quite adequate.
My only complaint is that the air conditioner is quite noisy as it cycles on/off during the night and woke me up several times.
I would definitely stay here again if in the Philly area.

Room Tip: Suggest asking for the highest floor and away from the elevators - it will be a little quieter than the lower floors
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family