“Great, clean, friendly staff”

SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ridley Park
Florida
“Great, clean, friendly staff”
Reviewed 29 October 2011

This hotel was everything I expected from a Springhill Suites. The rooms are very clean, bed is comfy, and the TV/cable HD is great. My only complaint with this specific stay was I was placed in a room near the elevators and the front of the building so it was very loud with foot traffic and cars outside. My room was ready ahead of time so I was able to check in 30 minutes early and the staff was super friendly. I didn't eat the breakfast but it looked and smelled delicious when I went downstairs. It's a really great place for the price you pay. It's in a good location too and easy to find from the airport.

Room Tip: Don't have a room near the elevator or facing the front of the hotel (loud)
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank princesszha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My husband and I have to travel to Philly frequently because my son is a patient at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and we can never get into the Ronald McDonald House in Philly. We have stayed here and loved it! The staff is so friendly and very accommodating. The rooms are so spacious and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that has to stay in this area. Special thanks to Janet in sales who is super awesome! Thanks Springhill, we will see you soon :)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Christy B
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel the night before an early morning flight. The staff was very friendly, offering numerous options and directions for dinner. We had to head to the airport at 4:30 AM, and the staff was ready. We got to the airport in a matter of minutes! The same can be said for our returning flight. We called the hotel and only waited a few minutes for our pick up. Both drivers were very friendly and personable.
The rooms were modern and spacious. We would definitely stay in this hotel again for an earlly morning flight.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We checked in on time got to our room only to find out that we were given double queen instead of the king suite we reserved. We called front desk and they were able to get us into a handicapped king suite right away, which we were fine with.
We checked the room out when we got in and noticed quite a few hairs scattered throughout the sheets and pillow cases and a dried up puddle of pee behind the toilet. GROSS.
Aside from that room was decorated nice and fairly spacious.
We went downstairs to swim but the pool was not only really small but it had wall to wall window leading to parking lot. Not very relaxing! Put up some shades or something!
We went to the entrance to flip through pamphlets to get ideas for LOCAL attractions but they only had information for wildwood and camden nj ... Or basically anywhere but where we were staying. Needless to say we used trip advisor to get around.
The BREAKFAST ...sucks. dry eggs dry sausage and cereal.
The employees were fairly friendly with the exception of some of the housekeeping staff who would not hold the elevator say goodmorning or smile.
The AREA... You are on a noisy industrial highway. About 30 minutes from Philly. So if you are visiting the city choose another place. This hotel is more for people needing someplace close to the airport for a one nighter.
There is a nice casino about 1 mile down the road which was fun. We did not use the hotels shuttle but they do offer it to the casino.
Overall for $175.00 a night this place is NOT worth the $. You can stay in Philly for that price. The only reason we chose this hotel was because it was newer so we bet on a super clean new hotel but there were obvious house cleaning issues... We wanted to like it but its getting a 3 out of 5 stars. Sorry.

• Stayed October 2011
5 Thank keepop1234
new york
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Stayed here overnight to see my son play football at Widener University and was pleasantly surprised. The room was huge with a totally separate seating area to eat and watch TV - plus one bathroom with shower and sink and another bathroom with sink and toilet was very convenient. We traveled with my two boys 14 and 10 and had plenty of space. The room was spotless and so was the lobby and elevators. The beds were extremely comfortable and the pillows were nice and fluffy. My husband and I didn't want to get up in the morning that is how comfortable the beds were. The breakfast was also very good. They had eggs, sausage (very tasty), waffles, yogurts, cereal, muffins, great coffee and fruits. The employees were very friendly and you could tell take pride in the job they do. I would recommend this hotel even to go and visit Philly - very close proximity. Will stay here again very soon!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank amtrak
massachusetts
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I have stayed here twice on recent visits to Philly, the first time with my Mom & daughter (for a wedding shower) and again with my husband/daughter. Both times were very good. The hotel is clean and updated. The staff is very friendly & accomodating. Good, well-lit parking (free), close to the airport but not so close you hear the planes. The free breakfast is good and includes pastries, cereal, oatmeal, eggs/sausages, make your own waffles, yogurt, etc. On the first trip my cousin stopped by to meet us in the morning and they offered her free breakfast so we could all eat together.
The suite worked well for my daughter, but it is not a separate room, there is a frosted glass divider between the pull out sofa and the main bedroom. A little more privacy would have been nice, but for 1 night it was quite adequate.
My only complaint is that the air conditioner is quite noisy as it cycles on/off during the night and woke me up several times.
I would definitely stay here again if in the Philly area.

Room Tip: Suggest asking for the highest floor and away from the elevators - it will be a little quieter than...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 31heidi
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I stayed one night at this Springhill Suites at the beginning of August. Let me start off by saying that my stay was overall pleasant, and I would stay at this hotel again if I'm in the area in the future. With that said, I would like to share my experience at this hotel and make some suggestions for management.

I was in the area on some personal business, and needed a place to stay before my flight back home the next day. The hotel is not right next to the airport, but is reasonably close by if you have a rental car. Cleanliness is the most important factor for me when choosing a hotel, so I try to pick hotels that are newer or recently remodeled whenever I travel. From reviews that I read, this place seemed relatively new so I decided to give it a try. If you make your reservation on Marriott's website, you will notice directions for you to use a different address that is nearby for GPS navigation, since the hotel's actual address is not in GPS databases yet. Make sure to do that before you start driving to the hotel. I thought I could just look at the map on the GPS and figure it out as I get closer to the hotel but I was wrong. I ended up making multiple u-turns, hitting dead ends for about half an hour in the nearby not-so-nice neighborhoods before finding the hotel. When I finally found the hotel, I parked my car in a space in front of the main entrance and went inside for check-in. It was around 9 o'clock in the evening. The young lady at the front desk greeted me politely with a big smile on her face as she was trained to, but did not make me feel genuinely welcomed. (Warm, welcoming personality doesn't come with training I guess.) She got her job done nonetheless. I got my room keys and headed back out to my car so I could park closer to the side entrance. When I got to my car I was shocked to find it PLASTERED with some kind of flying bugs. It seemed that the vegetation around the outer perimeter near the front entrance really needed some extermination. I got in my car and moved to the more spacious parking area near the side entrance, which was well lit and without bugs.

The lobby, hallways, and my room were clean and decorated in a colorful, modern style, which I loved. I had the suite with a king bed and an additional sofabed. The room was divided into a sitting area and a sleeping area, with a TV on a swivel stand in the middle that can be turned to face both ways. Some people may find the room a little small, but I think it is adequate for 1 or 2 people staying in the same room. The sitting area was very cozy and comfortable. There was a microwave and a mini fridge in the room, which came in handy for me.

After settling down in my room, I went downstairs to look for some food in the lobby. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, but has a small bar area that serves a variety of drinks, buffalo wings, and personal pizzas. That is also the area where breakfast is served in the mornings. I got an order of barbecue flavored buffalo wings, which was really good considering it was almost 10 p.m. and I hadn't had dinner.

As far as bed linens, I think housekeeping needs to pay a lot more attention. The bed linens seemed clean to me. However, there was a large brown/wine-colored stain on one of the white sheets that protected the comforter. The bed was also very poorly made. The fitted sheet was not on the mattress properly. Instead of laying flat and smooth on the mattress, it was loose and wrinkled. The mattress cover under the sheet was also all bunched up. I had to make the bed over myself in order to have a flat surface to sleep on. I didn't call the front desk to have it fixed for me since it was faster to fix it myself. Considering a room rate of $169 per night, I just think that guests shouldn't have to remake the bed themselves. I had a good night's sleep after fixing the sheets. The AC was pretty quiet, and the pillows were nice. Breakfast the next morning was simple but good. I liked the fact that they had a couple of hot items like eggs and sausages in addition to the self-made waffles and cereal. I enjoyed a good cup of coffee and felt relaxed before checking out at noon. Will definitely return, especially if the little things mentioned above can be improved.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
6.3 km away
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
6.0 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park? Share your experiences!