“Felt Welcomed and Appreciated”
Review of Gas Light

Gas Light
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Ridley Park
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Warm, informal spot that made this solo diner feel welcomed and appreciated. Enjoyed an outstanding Bleu Burger (blue cheese, bacon, onions and more). Service was attentive and sincere. If I lived in the area, I'd be a regular.

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

This is a great restaurant with excellent food and wonderful ambiance. We had the filet mignon which was melt in your mouth good and chicken cooked to perfection.
The wait staff is attentive knowledgeable and friendly.
Seriously, do yourself a huge favor and visit this restaurant in wonderful Ridley Park in Philly.
A+

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

On all past visits to Philly I've chosen downtown restaurants. This time I decided to eat and stay one night south of town. This restaurant is very close to the airport and associated chain hotels, but it's tucked away in an old town center that feels many miles away. Most everything about it seems old fashioned in a good way, including the service which was competent and straightforward (but with no attempt at charm). The building is very charming though! On a cold night we were lucky to be seated by the fireplace. There is a long bar, stained glass and a lot of wood, but it's still casual and appropriate for families. The menu was quite large and my party of 3 each ordered an entree which came with 2 sides - there were multiple veggie and potato options but not listed out on the menu, you had to ask. I had the stone grilled shrimp. The hot stone came set in what looked like a specially designed plate. That was fun and the shrimp was fresh but the other options were also very good, especially the crab cakes. We did not order dessert but I would go back and try it if I could. The restaurant was full on a Saturday evening. I think anyone looking for a classic American meal in a pleasant atmosphere would be very happy eating here.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Was traveling from Boston area last month & stumbled across Gas Light- Was actually recommended at hotel by another guest- Friday night visit- Absolutely amazing crab cakes & quality packed dinner salad- Brooke our Server was efficient, quick, knowledgeable & very friendly- The Best!

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Not enough cheese (Cooper S harp American is a great choice, but i could not taste it or see it). The rolls were served warm not hot (maybe because they were sliced diagonally lengthwise and cooled. I asked for a side of hot cherry peppers. The peppers were soggy (old?). Serving cheesesteak anything this close to Philadelphia with Siracha aioli is strange. Philadelphians eat cheesesteaks with ketchup and hot peppers (long hots or cherry peppers) not Siracha (which is a new phenomenon nationwide). The peppers served were the commercially pre-sliced cherry variety--I prefer, and I think most people with an opinion on such matters would prefer, whole hot cherry peppers. The ketchup (PA based Heinz is the best and my favorite) was refrigerated (cold). The home made cheesesteak egg rolls had potential but in this instance missed the mark.