“always the best”

Big Daddyz Barbeque & Grill
Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Ridley Park
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 15, 2018

Never had a bad dish yet. We have been loving they're food since they opened in Ridley park. They have made some great changes to the menu.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 4, 2018

I'm a very picky BBQ guy, not a connoisseur but perhaps in my own mind - I do know what I like and I've searched the country near and far to try different ribs. So this place comes in second place for the kitchens locally frankly, only based on my brisket review. which is thinly sliced and not as tender as I had hoped, but makes it easy to do a sandwich out of left overs the next day. Limited hours and days per week, but the crew arent slacking when they are open. Its a lengthy converted tool shed (one end kitchen, the other seating area) on McDade Blvd - a least favorite road, but with a sizable parking lot. I asked if the ribs 'fell of the bone' which is how I like 'em, and was told they did, and it WAS true with plenty of flavor and a pink hue, so these come in first place ABOVE the other place which I rated better brisket. Ah, the mysteries of life. Sides are on the skimpy side but adequate for one, I enjoyed the beans chocked full of meat and the slaw - was told they were homemade, but there was a flavor and odd consistency with store style versions. No matter, prices were as good as the grocer sells down the street. The slice of corn bread was exceptional as well. The menu has a varied mix of items including fired onion, pickles, cabbage and perogies, brisket stew, fried chicken sandwich and even burgers (after all it is a grill) but unless its agin' your religion go for the bbq chicken, brisket or ribs and thank me later. NB one pic of an older menu has an old address, location has updated.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed March 6, 2018

Great Barbecue. We got ribs and chicken and they were great. Ribs fell off the bone. Chicken was tender and the sauce was great. Tasted like the Ribs we used to get 20 years ago. Thought it was a lost cause to find that taste and eating pleasure again. If you have an opportunity to visit it will be well worth your time. Order early, if they run out that is it. And they do run out. Thumbs up to this establishment.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed December 2, 2017

I think this must be mainly take-out, I was the only eat-in customer. These ribs were amazing, so perfectly seasoned I didn't even need to add bbq sauce!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 11, 2017

Best BBQ! Reminds me of backyard big family BBQ growing up. It's a taste and a feeling you can't buy or find anymore. They were great over 10 years ago when they were just a trailer across from the Norwood VFW since then they just continue to up their game! I choose them for bbq any day! Now that they have an eat in restaurant it's even better!

Date of visit: November 2017