“Good food”

The Fairport
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Enjoyed our visit to The Fairport. We were warmly greeted and seated promptly. The food had really nice flavor and we enjoyed all the dishes we had. The only part that we didn't care for was the strong cigar smell. I didn't research enough to see that you could smoke cigars in this place and that was definitely something I didn't care for. Other than that, no complaints and the food was delish!

Reviewed May 2, 2017

We recently visited the Fairport in Rochester PA. There were 2 couples and I had called ahead for a reservation. We were warmly greeted, seated immediately with the other couple arriving within moments. Our waitress (and I wish I had gotten her name) was very friendly, efficiennt and helpful- even running to the kitchen for questions we had, So two orders of the Baked Stuff Shrimp, 1 California Chicken, and 1 Roasted Veggies w/ Angel Hair -all delicious. The warm rolls and salads were great, and dinners came out quickly. None of us thought we could manage dessert, but after hearing the selection we split 2 Coffee Creme Brules and a Chocolate Mousse w/ Strawberries-again, amazing! We will definitely return for more visits. (The chef also came out and thanked us for coming)

Reviewed January 1, 2017

Visited for lunch a few days ago. I never would've found this place had a family member not suggested it. Out of the way from the main drag but glad we went there. Most restaurants don't take their time to hand slice up a salad - but this one did. That gets them points in my book! The beef soup had handmade noodles but was a bit too salty for my liking.

I'd definitely go back and would recommend it.

Reviewed December 29, 2016

Ordered steak salad and on the first bite pulled a hair out of my mouth. Mentioned to waitress and she said would bring another one, I lost my appetite by then. The Manager or Cook didn’t even come out to see if there was anything they could do to make a customer happy. Felt like they didn’t even care whether I came back or not , so I won’t plenty of other places to go.

1  Thank S B
Reviewed November 27, 2016

Great off the path place to eat a classic restaurant dining area with a separate bar or more like a tavern. Sat in bar and was attended to by a gentleman who was not just a bartender but a very knowledgeable mixologist.And smoking of tabaco is permitted along with a humidor with cigars for purchase.You could obtain beer tap or bottle and many interesting and hard to find spirits like pappy van winkle bourbon and scotch and whiskeys from many premier distillers one at 50 years old.. Had stuffed mushrooms with crab for appetizer and prime rib with fresh cut fries and they were both delicious. No frozen food here all angus beef Premium cut with all food made fresh.Now I did not have them but a lady next to me had fresh made motsorella sticks the size of twinkeys and said they were out of this world.Home made salad dressings,fresh bread and many great choices on menu.Service at bar was impeccable and had a great drink.