Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
A Christmas Treat!

Great Ride, excellent service, reasonable price! Loved the carols, instrumentals, and Santa. The... read more

Reviewed today
Adventure64428940571
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
Santa Train

Had a lovely time with the grandkids on the Santa train! Enjoyed the musicians & carolers too... read more

Reviewed today
FarAway05174901148

3,034 results
All reviews open air dining car train ride parlor car wine and cheese open car first class shop tour santa train train robbery murder mystery cranky cars easter bunny fun ride steam engine hobo lunch picnic area
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Our Easter plans changed last minute so we booked a train ride to keep the day fun for the kids. It was perfect. Our 6 year old was excited as we pulled in & loved the Cranky Cars. Our 2 year old couldn't have enjoyed the train ride more! We will be making more trips back for open car rides!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

My family and I have been going to ride the Strasburg Train for many years. We have been there several times for a Day with Thomas, the train with Santa, and other various times just to take a train ride. It is a beautiful train and a nice experience. We have always taken the coach car, but after much discussion, we decided to try the dining car this time. Prior to coming up, we looked at the menu online due to my food allergy. While looking at the food choices, we took note of the prices as well. We felt that the prices were reasonable considering it was a family day out, so we went ahead and booked it. On the day of our train ride, my family and I ordered two hot dog kids' meals at $8.99 each, one ham and cheese wrap meal deal at $9.48, and one pulled pork meal at $14.48, which should have come to a subtotal of $41.94 and $44.46 after the 6% sales tax. These were also the prices that were listed on the menus when we boarded the train. We knew that by ordering the meal deals, drinks and chips were included in the prices. When the waitress came to give us our total, she told us that our total was $60.85 and no receipt was given. Without thinking, we handed her the cash and waited for the change. As she walked away, we quickly totaled up the bill as per the prices online and on the menu. We discovered that we had been overcharged by $16.39. When she came back, we told her that we felt that something was off with our total. We explained our calculations to her and she said that it was because we were being charged extra for getting the meal deals. We told her that menu stated the prices we were using were the meal deal costs. She said she would have to get her manager to come speak to us. A few minutes later, she came back and handed us $7.40 and said that they took off the meal deals off of the kids' prices (making the price we paid $8.99 each for the hot dog meals, which is what they should have been in the first place). At this point, we asked to see a copy of the receipt. We discovered that we were charged $12.48 for each kid's hot dog meal, $11.97 for my ham and cheese wrap meal, and $20.48 for my husband's pulled pork meal. We explained to the waitress that we were still being overcharged for our two meals since the $9.48 and $14.48 should have been the cost of the meal deals. She walked away and came back with the correct amount we should have been refunded ($16.39).

We are totally disappointed in the whole situation and how it was handled. We really looked forward to enjoying ourselves having a new experience on the dining car. We never got to speak to the waitress's manager, we never got an apology, and it seemed as though we were more of an annoyance to her because we were merely asking to pay the prices as dictated on their menu. Furthermore, I am disgusted at the thought of how many other innocent families have been duped into paying more than they were supposed to and never even realized it since no receipts were given. We spoke to one of the assistant trainmasters at the station and he asked me to email him with all of the information since the dining car is run by an outside food company. I hope that they can fix this so that other families are not taken advantage of in the future. We will not be returning to ride the dining car. This is the main reason why I cannot give a 5 star rating.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

My four year old son loves this place. He has even been to the train museum and loves that too. There are activities for the kids while you wait for the actual train ride. The gift shop is awesome too.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We rode the train with the Easter Bunny. The whole experience from riding the train to the atmosphere the station provided was nothing short of amazing!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2018

The Strasburg railroad was amazing. My two children had a blast. It was so organized and the staff was so friendly.