“Bitten by farm animal in petting area!”
Review of Mazezilla

Mazezilla
More attraction details
Owner description: Mazezilla is a 11 acre corn maze with a new and unique design each year. We are proud to be able to offer this outstanding addition to our Pennsylvania farms complex. Since 1998, Mazezilla and Klingel Farm have welcomed thousands of visitors for wonderful, educational, and family-oriented adventure. The incredible Mazezilla maze is open in September and October of each year, dates and hours to be posted when available. Our one-of-a-kind Mazeville Pennsylvania farms complex is located in the shadow of the Pocono Mountains, on Old Route 115, one mile from Saylorsburg Flea Market between Saylorsburg, PA and Wind Gap, PA.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 14 October 2014

The maze and the farm were nice but in the petting area they have for goats, llamas, sheep, there is a medium sized black pig. I went to feed it with the food you can buy at the fence. I put out my hand to feed him and the pig bit my hand incredibly hard and I had to rip my finger out from its mouth!! There was plenty of blood and a good chunk of skin was pulled off my finger.

I told a woman who was working there and she laughed and told me that the big had bitten THREE other adults. If this pig had bitten a child as hard as it bit me they would have needed to go to the hospital. I am very surprised that an employee would find this funny and would not take it seriously. She got me a bandaid and some antibiotic ointment and that was that.

At the very least there needs to be a sign stating not to touch that pig!

Chad M, Public Relations Manager at Mazezilla, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

Greetings Erika1137 - We would like to first, Thank you very much for taking the time to review our farm and Mazezilla, we apologize for the length of time to respond to your review.
Thank you for the comments on how nice our maze and farm was to visit.
Per your comments, we have upgraded the signage and fencing around the farm animal petting area.
We would also like to apologize for the customer service you received reporting the incident, this will be addressed with all our staff immediately.
We hope you can visit us again so you can see the improvements we have made to address this from happening again in the future.
Please understand we are very proud of what we have to offer and would never intentionally put any of our customers at harm.
Please feel free to contact us directly with any additional questions / concerns.
Thanks,
Chad M.

Reviewed 5 October 2014

Cancelled my son's birthday party an hour before it was scheduled to start yesterday because of a little rain. Never told me when I booked the party that they close for rain. Wouldn't let me come later in the day. Even though claimed they were booked for the afternoon, could have made a little space for us, considering they chose to close during my booked event. Son's birthday ruined. Thanks Mazezilla! Will NEVER be giving you my business ever again! What poor business ethics!

4  Thank Deharvey
Chad M, Manager at Mazezilla, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2014

Danielle, we apologize for having to cancel your party due to weather. As always, our highest priority is the safety of our patrons. It was raining non stop here at that time on that day. You were told you could come and use tables at no cost later in the day. We try to provide the best service to our guests, however there are times that there are circumstances that are out of our control. If you would like to talk to me any further please call our number 570-402-7378 anytime.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Always friendly good service on home-grown vegetables. They also have a corn maze every year for Halloween, but I have never been through it.

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

I love this place mazezilla is fun for everyone I have been coming to see this place for 8 years. The staff is kind and helpful. I even hosted a party for my son at their facility and when they heard I forgot the cheese that my special needs child insists on the owner went to her home to get me some so he could eat his hamburger. They treat everyone like family. I have never had a problem and honestly security has been very fair twice this year I witnessed them give breaks to people that I would never had. If ur anyone u will be at mazezilla see all the great reviews ... Love u all can't wait to come back again this week need some more produce.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

What a great place. Been going for years and its always a blast. Go at night its better then. Brimg a flashlight and go.