The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort(Shawnee on Delaware)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$119
US$112
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

US$64
US$166
US$137
Pocono Inn At Water Gap(Delaware Water Gap)
US$69
US$56
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$165
US$93
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS(East Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge(Stroudsburg)
US$89
EconoLodge
Pocono Palace Resort(Marshalls Creek)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$153
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 28, 2014

After reading the other reviews, I was somewhat fearful about out stay at Shawnee River Village. But the check in was smooth and the host was very agreeable to our concerns about too many steps. WE were 3 older women on a 4 day golfing trip. Our unit (R116), while a bit dated furniture, was very clean, with new kitchen appliances. Towels, were very thick and plenty of them. Missing hair dryer, we called and were provided with one immediately.Location was terrific to all golf courses we were playing. The Shawnee course (27 holes) is located on an island in the middle of the Delaware. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We had a terrific 4 days at Shawnee!

Room Tip: ask for one with only 14 stairs, units are quiet and easy to get luggage into. Others have 120 steps.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sharon F
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Booked a long weekend here with friends. Units are outdated and need a lot of TLC. Not your typical Wyndham Timeshare. Supplies were low. Activities were minimal. It appears they are remodeling the units although not sure what the upgrades involve. This has the potential to be a great resort if Wyndham can make it happen. Will take lots of money and effort.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Minitrains
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This stay was so disappointing! We attempted to check in a few hours early, but our room wasn't ready. We were told it would be put on a priority list, and they'd let us know as soon as it was ready, which was fine. We were then told we needed to go the guest services desk to get our parking permits. There, we were asked to attend a "hotel survey" presentation, for which we would be compensated. We declined several times, after which the lady appeared to totally lose interest in us. We had to ask for the parking permits. Our room wasn't ready until the actual check-in time (because we didn't attend the presentation?!?)

Upon entering our condo, we found that it was really hot inside. The temp outside was very hot, but inside, the downstairs was bearable, but the upstairs must've been 90-95 degrees! It didn't seem like the a/c was working well at all - could barely feel any cool air coming through the vents. I called guest services, & was told to close the vents downstairs to help push the cool air upstairs. This was not possible on all vents, since some of them were broken, but we did the best we could. It did not seem to help. We ended up having to buy a couple fans. When it was time to go to bed, my son found bugs in his bed. I don't think they were bed bugs, but still disturbing! We also found ants under the nightstand. When I called guest services, I was told "Well, I could enter a work order to spray, but it'll take a few days for it to work, so what do you want me to do?" I asked to switch condos, and they eventually allowed us to do that, but without ANY apologies for the inconvenience of packing up two kids, all our stuff, and unpacking again. The new condo was also very hot, but appeared bug-free. However, the sheets were dirty on a couple of the beds (stains). There was a puddle of water in the ceiling tiles in the kitchen that was dripping, but when we reported that the next day, the front desk people could care less! They didn't really respond to our report, & nothing was done about it during our 4 day stay. The condos could be really a nice place to stay - lots of room, great location, etc., but the living conditions need improving!

Room Tip: The original condo with the bugs was R65. We moved to R163, which was more updated, but slightly smaller.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank doylestownmama
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The room was advertised as a Wyndham resort room but it was not a Wyndham room. Wyndham should be ashamed of their association with Shawnee River Village 1. I don't have any good things to say about the room. The first thing you notice as you walk up the stairs to the room is the peeling paint and rotting clapboards on the outside of the building. As you approach the door, one can't help but notice the rusty metal door and the holes at the bottom of the door. Once in the room, you notice right away that you've stepped back into the early 1980's. It's immediately apparent from the dead bugs, broken floor tiles, crooked counter top and worn out rug that the room needs major updating and a thorough cleaning. Other problems included a broken hot tub, leaking chimney, rusting refrigerator and a barely functioning TV.

I complained and the staff acted as if I was making up stories about dilapidated state of the room. It took a day but my family and I were moved to another room and it was not much better.

Room Tip: Be absolutely positive you're booking a Wyndham resort unit that's been completely refurbished.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Recently stayed here after getting a free week from Interval. We knew going in that the reviews were not great so had limited expectations. The check-in was a mess since we had booked River Village 1, and they checked us into River Village 2. I mentioned that we really wanted the golf course view and open porch. He asked if I was sure which unit I booked. I was and when I asked if he wanted to see the confirmation he was dismissive and said we would have one with our unit and it was nicer.

They immediately sent us to a Guest Service specialist who I also mentioned the switch too and she said "it happens" and immediately tried selling me a unit. I mentioned but for now just wanted to go to the unit. that I might go to the presentation the next morning.Went to the unit at River Village 2 and saw we had a nice view of the neighbors deck about 5 feet away. Drove back to check-in and spoke to the woman at Guest Services.She immediately asked if I wanted to sign up fort the sales presentation the next morning. When I mentioned not sure I just wanted to switch to River Village 1 as I had booked. Her tone changed as her whole service apparently was just trying to bring me into the presentation and not really help.
She told me to get in the check in line (which I had stood in once and now faced with another half hour wait) and to beg them to switch me to unit i first booked.

The new clerk was able to move us. I thanked her repeatedly and mentioned that one of the reasons we wanted that was for the outdoor deck. When we got to the new unit it was nice but we found out the upper units only have the enclosed porch and not the additional outdoor one like the lower ones.

The unit itself was nicer than what I expected. The kitchen was well stocked with equipment and utensils. It also seemed clean.

The living room was disappointing as it was very dated with old ski lodge type seating (cushions on wood). The cushion seemed very dirty and we stopped sitting on them the 2nd day when a 3inch bug/spider hybrid looking thing crawled along the cushions as we watched the old, small tv.

The lower bedroom had two beds. It was nice and dark in the bedroom. 2 beds which were too soft for my tastes, but the biggest complaint was the fitted sheets were not big enough for the bed so we woke up laying in the bare mattress which was gross.

The upper bedroom had one queen bed and a TV. The room had plenty of light and windows and a small bathroom right outside it. It was a little warm as there was only one small floor vent. The bathroom was like a sauna since there was a small heater that worked non stop. Total waste of energy for the resort as we had to open a window.

Even though i pointed out a lot of negatives, we liked the unit for the privacy. The other offerings at this resort look private from the online pics but seems like River Village one has the most privacy when sitting outside on your deck. Also, enjoyed the view of the golf course.

If you do not like stairs or bugs this section of the resort will be a problem. Many, many moths in the unit. They were in every room and in every curtain. I was fine with them but the bugs in he cushions definitely made us uncomfortable in the living room to the point we never went in it all week.

The resort has a lot of offerings for kids. Big pools, basketball courts, volleyballs and indoor rec center. The fitness room was disappointing for a resort with a thousand units as it had 2 steppers, 2 treadmills, and 2 bikes.

Some staff were very pleasant (rec center staff) and other couldnt care less (check-in) or too focused on making a sale to listen to a guest (Guest Services).

There was a shared laundry room by the car port which was nice, especially considering it was free. Parking here was tight since if you have more than one car it probably better to leave one at Shawnee Inn or REc Center.
Overall we probably wont book here again but would take another free week. Be prepared for bugs older units but at the same time you can enjoy the sights of the lower Pocono Mountains.

Room Tip: rooms are diverse throughout resort. In River Village 1 if you want less steps and an outdoor deck (along with a screened porch) as for a lower unit.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple