The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort(Shawnee on Delaware)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$187
Travelocity
US$109
US$105
US$198
US$166
Staybridge.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 25, 2015

The unit was nice, clean and spacious. We were on the first level, so had less stairs to go up. Beautiful view of the golf course with the mountains in the back. The kids loved the pool area and playing miniature golf! My only complaint would be the wifi. You have to pay for it, which was ok, but in our unit we couldn't even get a signal to pay for it, so I was pretty disappointed with that, but we had a great trip overall!!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Erika R
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I expected great things from a Wyndham managed resort and was grossly disappointed. I have to say almost all of our issues are directly attributable to poor management, not the unit itself. We couldn't check in on time and had to wait two hours, as our unit was not ready. The person helping me indicated they had 580 units and were busy...not my problem! We didn't have any washcloths and were told they would be sent. The next day, at 3 p.m., we were told they "didn't get to it yet". One of the toilets was broken overnight until they could fix it, but I will say they did send a maintenance person right away. The unit was full of ants and spiders. The unit itself was decent - it was obviously remodeled within the past few years. However, you had to climb many stairs to reach it. From bottom to the top floor of our unit, there were 75 steps! This resort is in a great location and has the potential to be great. But, first, it needs to be properly managed.

Room Tip: If there are older people in your party, do not stay here. The 75 steps were a bit much for my parents. Ask for villas in other areas.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank gr8day4sun
Reviewed June 28, 2014

After reading the other reviews, I was somewhat fearful about out stay at Shawnee River Village. But the check in was smooth and the host was very agreeable to our concerns about too many steps. WE were 3 older women on a 4 day golfing trip. Our unit (R116), while a bit dated furniture, was very clean, with new kitchen appliances. Towels, were very thick and plenty of them. Missing hair dryer, we called and were provided with one immediately.Location was terrific to all golf courses we were playing. The Shawnee course (27 holes) is located on an island in the middle of the Delaware. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We had a terrific 4 days at Shawnee!

Room Tip: ask for one with only 14 stairs, units are quiet and easy to get luggage into. Others have 120 steps.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sharon F
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Booked a long weekend here with friends. Units are outdated and need a lot of TLC. Not your typical Wyndham Timeshare. Supplies were low. Activities were minimal. It appears they are remodeling the units although not sure what the upgrades involve. This has the potential to be a great resort if Wyndham can make it happen. Will take lots of money and effort.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Minitrains
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This stay was so disappointing! We attempted to check in a few hours early, but our room wasn't ready. We were told it would be put on a priority list, and they'd let us know as soon as it was ready, which was fine. We were then told we needed to go the guest services desk to get our parking permits. There, we were asked to attend a "hotel survey" presentation, for which we would be compensated. We declined several times, after which the lady appeared to totally lose interest in us. We had to ask for the parking permits. Our room wasn't ready until the actual check-in time (because we didn't attend the presentation?!?)

Upon entering our condo, we found that it was really hot inside. The temp outside was very hot, but inside, the downstairs was bearable, but the upstairs must've been 90-95 degrees! It didn't seem like the a/c was working well at all - could barely feel any cool air coming through the vents. I called guest services, & was told to close the vents downstairs to help push the cool air upstairs. This was not possible on all vents, since some of them were broken, but we did the best we could. It did not seem to help. We ended up having to buy a couple fans. When it was time to go to bed, my son found bugs in his bed. I don't think they were bed bugs, but still disturbing! We also found ants under the nightstand. When I called guest services, I was told "Well, I could enter a work order to spray, but it'll take a few days for it to work, so what do you want me to do?" I asked to switch condos, and they eventually allowed us to do that, but without ANY apologies for the inconvenience of packing up two kids, all our stuff, and unpacking again. The new condo was also very hot, but appeared bug-free. However, the sheets were dirty on a couple of the beds (stains). There was a puddle of water in the ceiling tiles in the kitchen that was dripping, but when we reported that the next day, the front desk people could care less! They didn't really respond to our report, & nothing was done about it during our 4 day stay. The condos could be really a nice place to stay - lots of room, great location, etc., but the living conditions need improving!

Room Tip: The original condo with the bugs was R65. We moved to R163, which was more updated, but slightly smaller.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family