See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 3, 2016 via mobile

Two couples stayed here for a week while geocaching in the area. Our unit was dated but very comfortable and well appointed. The area is beautiful with the river nearby. We would not hesitate to stay here again because there is lots to do in the area.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2015

I own a timeshare at River Village 1. The unit number is 118. It is usually pretty clean when I arrive. It is a bit rustic but it has all the amenities you need for a fun vacation. The fall colors are amazaing.

Stayed: September 2014
2  Thank Sharon O
Reviewed June 5, 2015

Shawnee River Village 1 is in the Poconos area of the Pennsylvania hills. The biggest problem was the 40-50 irregular stairs to get to the room. There was a laundry but it was in the parking lot - it was very hard to take a couple of loads of laundry down and then back up all those steps. There were a lot of bugs in the unit we were in. It had a funny smell to it. There was a strange hodgepodge of cups and glasses in the kitchen. The beds were not that comfortable. It did have a nice view of a golf course. We saw some deer and evidence of a bear problem - trash areas were not secured and bears were rummaging at night.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you have a hard time with lots of stairs.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank RussellGriffith
Reviewed April 25, 2015

The unit was nice, clean and spacious. We were on the first level, so had less stairs to go up. Beautiful view of the golf course with the mountains in the back. The kids loved the pool area and playing miniature golf! My only complaint would be the wifi. You have to pay for it, which was ok, but in our unit we couldn't even get a signal to pay for it, so I was pretty disappointed with that, but we had a great trip overall!!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Erika R
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I expected great things from a Wyndham managed resort and was grossly disappointed. I have to say almost all of our issues are directly attributable to poor management, not the unit itself. We couldn't check in on time and had to wait two hours, as our unit was not ready. The person helping me indicated they had 580 units and were busy...not my problem! We didn't have any washcloths and were told they would be sent. The next day, at 3 p.m., we were told they "didn't get to it yet". One of the toilets was broken overnight until they could fix it, but I will say they did send a maintenance person right away. The unit was full of ants and spiders. The unit itself was decent - it was obviously remodeled within the past few years. However, you had to climb many stairs to reach it. From bottom to the top floor of our unit, there were 75 steps! This resort is in a great location and has the potential to be great. But, first, it needs to be properly managed.

Room Tip: If there are older people in your party, do not stay here. The 75 steps were a bit much for my parents. Ask for villas in other areas.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family