1,061 results
All reviews delaware river golf course brew pub rocking chairs play golf great bear indoor pool room restaurant river view brewery tour front porch breakfast buffet general store beautiful resort fire pit jackie gleason the delaware water gap
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We spent five days at the resort as part of program. The resort seems to be losing the battle to maintain its former glory. Perhaps it is clinging to past memories of Jackie Gleason, Fred Waring, and other celebrities who stayed at the resort.
First the good things. The wait staff are very good. They are friendly and efficient. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful. The food ranged from okay to good with one notable exception. The Chinese dinner buffet was terrible. The Mexican buffet was okay, but was a poor imitation of southwestern fare. The service in the restaurant was awful, but the fries we're very good. The resort setting is beautiful.

The room was small, but we didn't spend much time. The resorts concrete walls meant that the lines ran on the ceiling and wall. The bathroom plumbing had to placed on the existing floor. The result was a small step-up bathroom. The shower struggled to maintain a luke warm temperature.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allen M
Rob H, General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Allen M.
Thank you for your positive comments and Yin and Yang of your experience. We are very fortunate to have a staff that believes exceptional service is an important part of our guest experience. We do revel in our history, being over 100 years old, but understand that we cannot rely on history to make us relevant in 2018. We are continuously working on upgrading when possible and look to keep up the good fight and persevere. We hope you will return in the future to see our ultimate triumph.

Reviewed October 12, 2018

I booked a night for the Island Glamping as a surprise birthday night for my husband. He and I enjoyed a beautiful day hiking at Bushkill Falls and then headed over to the hotel where the front desk took our luggage and checked us in. We headed over to their on-site brewery where we enjoyed a few beers and some time playing in the arcade. We then had an early dinner at the Brew pub before needing to meet in the lobby at 5:45 to start making our way to the 'glamping' site. Unfortunately, due to the rain that had fallen all week, the river was too high for us to take the canoe ride to the site so we were given a golf cart to drive over which was also fun. When we arrived we were greeted by Kate, our camp counselor as I liked to call her. She had a great fire roaring and seats circled around the fire ready for us. She weighted on us hand and foot serving up cold beer and wine as well as a layout of s'mores! We enjoyed a great night around the fire meeting new people and laughing a ton! When we decided it was time for bed, Kate told us she had one more thing in store and returned with ice cold milk and cookies which she set up at a private table outside of our tent! It was a little birthday surprise for my husband and unbelievably thoughtful! When morning came Kate had already been up preparing the fire to cook everyone breakfast. She had a great set up and I'm sure it was an amazing breakfast! My husband and I departed early as we had a long drive back home. Since we didn't stay and wait for breakfast to be cooked we were offered the breakfast buffet which was already prepared so we enjoyed that before hitting the road. This was a WONDERFUL time and I would highly recommend it for anyone looking for something out of the norm to do for a night. Shout out to Kate and Brian for making the experience the best it could be. Brian was our escort to and from, he handled our luggage and made sure we were given our breakfast. You guys were awesome!

Stayed: October 2018

Dear DanetteP31
I am delighted that you enjoyed your Glamping experience. I will certainly relay to Brian and Kate your accolades regarding their awesomeness. Over the Winter and into the Spring we intend to look at the glamping experience and make a few tweaks. It has been a well-received addition (glamping) and one that we intend to keep. Our vision, to create exceptionally unique experiences that you can only get at Shawnee is made possible by our own craft brewery, our unique glamping program, our fortunate locations, and our amazing staff. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

Lots of things went wrong for my experience. But before I share, the lobby is nice and the old fashioned music they play there is very pleasent. The front patio is also a nod to yesteryear with rocking chairs and tables. But for me, the room having a nice view of the River did not make up for the old, run down, bathroom with mult holes filled with sloppy clauk, a board screwed in over the tile under the sink for repairs I guess, and rips in the carpet, a huge cement step up to get into the bathroom where I banked my foot and saw stars during the night. The restaurant I sat down for 10 min and no one greeted me, offered water etc. and there was only one other customer. I got up and left. The coffee shop person did not know how to make the advertised smoothies and didn’t know how to charge it to the room so I left. There were about 10 other inncodents. But, if you love golf or want to hike the Appalachian trail and don’t mind sliw service and dated rooms. This place is a typical dated poconos resort. If you want to see fall leaves shoot for the end of October. We were there Oct. 10th and they hadn’t started changing yet...

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Tracy L.
Thank you for relaying your experience. Being over 100 years old, the expansive veranda with rocking chairs, hardwood floors in the lobby, and charm of the past is a fortunate benefit that our resort possesses. Our beautiful location, championship golf, and recreational opportunities are positive. As possible, we are upgrading rooms and other areas to create a seamless experience from check-in to check-out. We hope to convince you that our vision, to create exceptionally memorable experiences that you can only get at here, makes us more than a typical Pocono resort.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were excited to get away for the weekend. I had read the reviews about the run-down rooms and the importance of staying in a remodeled room so I called to make our reservation to ensure that we would have a remodeled room. However, when we arrived, we were not given an updated room. Instead it was very small and smelly with chipped paint, ripped carpet, a very unstable bed, and an almost unusable bathroom. The people at the front desk were far short of sympathetic and offered no apology or solution.

I could not stomach the idea of paying $450 to stay in a room like that for the weekend and was amazed at the lack of helpfulness from the staff. We cancelled our reservation and turned around to drive the 2 hours home.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear kgood74:
I am so sorry for your experience at our resort. We are diligently working with the owner to upgrade our rooms and some of the other public spaces. I am not sure what happened with your advanced request of an upgraded room. I have spoken to our front office manager and reservations department regarding honoring requests that our guests make. In a few weeks, we will be embarking on upgrading more rooms, doing some refurbishment of our indoor pool, and a few other projects. I hope you will return to see the upgrades and spend time in this beautiful location.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Main hotel has a beautiful lobby and a very friendly staff. Stayed at the evergreen cabin and not a fan room was quaint the beds were way to soft for me. But staff was great and couldn't do enough for you. The brew pub nice and had quite a variety to sample.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Tara B, Assistant General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our historic resort. Evergreen is beautifully located within walking distance from the main Inn and offers a beautiful view of the Delaware River from the back windows. Our 107 year old Pocono Mountains resort is unique and our wonderful staff and the exceptional service they provide to each and every guest is really what sets us apart. Thank you for choosing to stay at Shawnee. We can't wait to welcome you back again sometime!